» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

Ikolo Shion Higabana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ikolo
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Ikolo Shion Higabana   Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:57 am

EDIT: added themesongs now that I'm allowed to post urls ^^;
----

Name: Ikolo Shion Higanbana (her last and middle names are those of flowers both with a simple meaning attached, Shion: 'remembrance' and Higanbana: 'never to meet again', 'lost memory', or 'abandonment')

Race: Saiyan

Power level: 29,000

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Ikolo stands a petite 5' 1” with a curvy build that borders on pudgy. Her bangs curve away from her face with a wild cascade of curly, black hair that defies gravity at every chance and still manages to fall down to the small of her back with two shorter locks falling in front of her shoulders. Ikolo's eyes are a remarkable golden color instead of the usual dark eyes found in saiyans. Her tail always sports a colorful ribbon tied in an immaculate bow and her right hand is always covered with a glove, bandage, or ribbon of some fashion or other. Her clothing is usually a very simple attire, she most prefers plain dresses to fancier clothing. From time to time she can be seen sporting her hair in a braid or tied back with a ribbon if she's feeling particularly fanciful. For whatever reason one can imagine Ikolo prefers to go about barefoot instead of wearing shoes. On the few occasions one might find her wearing anything on her feet it is often a pair of dance shoes or ballet shoes laced with ribbons.

Background: Ikolo was groomed from birth for one simple thing that was never so simple at all: Political marriage. She was taught from a very young age that she would someday be important and that she would need to lead her people. While it was the Saiyan prince who was considered a prize husband for Iko her mother and father left no options out; gathering information on all princes or lords which could make a suitable match for their daughter. Though such plans never came to fruition the results of Ikolo's childhood are very apparent when compared to the average saiyan.

Ikolo's father was sent away when she was barely learning to walk. He left her with a pair of silk ribbons and a stuffed Oozaru toy that she has never let go of. She never saw him again after he bade her farewell. While Ikolo seemed to be endlessly filled with hope and grew into a bright and cheerful child it was mostly her mother's raising that taught her a very strict idea of wrong and right. Whenever Ikolo would say something ill of another person her mother's most effective method was to swat her daughter's tail to remind Ikolo that words hurt too. It must have worked wonders because Ikolo's attitude and manners have remained impeccable (the foulest word Ikolo can and will ever utter as a swear being 'poop'). Ikolo also got fairly good at dodging and swishing her tail out of harm's way because of Ayaka's discipline.

Due to the heavy focus on her manners and mind as a child Ikolo can show great intelligence when she wants to but will shy from any physical conflict. As she grew and her mind was crammed full of manners, mediation techniques, morals, and political knowledge Ikolo began to wonder about her future husband. She never did get much answer on that topic though her mind always wanders off when given the chance. At first Ikolo may seem slow, dim witted, or overly simple in mind but when given the chance to she can give voice to her great perception and a verbose idea of her life's philosophies. She can be a very motivating speaker when she puts her heart into her words but her charisma can only ever get her so far.

Despite her great capacity for learning and patience she wanted nothing more than to collect ribbons, flowers, and play with other children her age. While she always shied away from conflicts because of her peaceable nature and lack of training Ikolo could never stand to see another person bullied or hurt and would sooner give up her own safety simply to help them, no matter who or what they were. This resulted in Ikolo getting herself beaten up as well several times trying to let the original victim escape.

By the time Ikolo was old enough to reach things she shouldn't she started getting into trouble. Her curiosity knew no bounds and she got herself into enough bad scrapes to get her tail and right hand  permanently scarred. Her right hand has since always been gloved, wrapped or otherwise covered to conceal the scars and her tail likewise, continually sports a colorful ribbon tied into a bow to hide the bare ring on her tail where fur no longer grows. Her hand's scar is from one particular incident in which Ikolo was trying to help someone who was taking a relentless beating, she took a nasty bite for her troubles that almost broke her hand and damaged some of the tendons leaving it with a hideous ring of scarring on both her palm and across the back. Her tail's scars were acquired when running away from a few particularly vicious bullies one of which bit her tail to catch her. (Note: She has a bad habit of hiding her hands often and tucking her tail behind her leg or back should she feel uncomfortable. This habit was formed from her shame of the scars and her disgust of having such ugly marks upon her.)

As Ikolo outgrew childhood she remained endlessly cheerful, soft spoken, curious, and obedient when it came to her topics of study. Unfortunately, Ikolo's growing curiosity (and the influences of her less than honorable aunt, a witch named Azami,) called for more difficult challenges. When puzzles were not enough to keep her entertained she began to pick locks and a few times even pockets simply so see what they hid (as well as to receive sugary treats from her aunt for each success). The greater challenge was always returning her discoveries without being discovered herself.

Though she never meant any harm her mother was deeply frustrated when she found out of Ikolo's less  honorable exploits and made her swear never to do such things again. Ikolo may have stopped picking pockets but she did continue to practice lock picking in secret for the simple pleasure the puzzling gave her. Ikolo never told her mother who had taught her such skills or why. Azami continually tempted Ikolo towards a bad path however and in dire times when her own schemes would falter she would enlist Ikolo to pick locks to ease her own progress.

Soon Ikolo's nosiness and willingness to do as Azami asked got her in trouble with a storage room she shouldn't be peeking into. Instead of being taken before the empire's men she was presented to the king Vegeta. It was then that everything she had known growing up was scattered to the winds. As the king questioned her upbringing and her sense of duty Ikolo did her absolute best to impress him in hopes that she could do well and make her mother proud. She was devastated to learn the truth of why she had been brought before the king however. She would be sent away with several others to live quietly and ensure the survival of the saiyan race. Her heart sank but she accepted her new duty with a calmness and grace that would have made her parents proud.

Azami was furious when Ikolo vanished as her best scapegoat was no longer available for her to manipulate into doing her dirty deeds. She attacked and killed Ayaka shortly after, blaming her for Ikolo's loss.

Monkey in a nutshell: Ikolo puts the needs of other people before her own even when it comes to eating. She tries to enjoy each day as it happens and sometimes can seem rather short sighted in her cheer. She is very supportive of others when they are down and always has a ready smile or an infectious laugh to lift people's moods. While she may not have much knowledge of things such as mechanics or medicine she always has a bit of pragmatic wisdom to share with anyone who would ask to hear it. She is trusting and forgiving to a fault, easy to hurt with words, and blindly loyal to those she loves. She is naive and inexperienced in many ways making it easy to manipulate her but she shows a readiness to learn that can easily become annoying. Ikolo also never seems to stop moving unless she is prowling about or stalking someone/something that she doesn't want to notice her. She has a very kinetic personality so sitting still can be a bit difficult as even her tail will fidget. More often than not she can be caught simply dancing about or swaying when standing in place.
NOTE: Ikolo does actually dance from time to time when she is alone. It is a skill she learned simply to keep herself physically fit as she does not fight. She enjoys Raq Sharki as well as tribal styles of belly dance which can be argued that she practices constantly over calling her squirming about figedting. It mostly depends on one's view of her.

Notable Possessions: Ikolo can always be seen carrying about a stuffed Oozaru toy her father gave her. She can also in less companionable circumstances be heard talking to it as if it could speak back to her. It's name according to her is Sayda and it is her most special possession, no matter how trivial it might seem Ikolo clings to it as if it were the singularly most important thing she has ever owned.

Ikolo's only other noteworthy possession is a  book which she keeps away from others even though it is unlikely that anyone else can really read what is written in the pages. It appears to be particularly ancient and revered by Ikolo who is very careful with it. It never leaves Ikolo's hiding spot for it and tends to be kept under a myriad of locks with no apparent keys. The book lists two rites which come with a great cost that is not named and the rest of the tome is filled with ancestral stories of magic users. The most recent entry into the book being Azami, Ikolo's aunt. There is a page with Ikolo's name penned in an archaic script but the ink is many years old. It seems Ikolo was intended to have an entry in this book but as of yet does not. The book's time worn cover is an dingy gray in color with two sharply contrasting arrows in elegant ebony and ivory embroidery, one points to the top, the other points to the bottom. The pages are odd and seem to shimmer with a light of their own. The pages alternate between black pages, white pages, and gray pages, Azami's entry is upon a black page, Ikolo's unfilled page is white, the page after it is gray. Ikolo seems loathe to tell anyone even small bits about the book unless she has absolute faith in their silence of the matter. Family secrets should remain within the family...

Techniques: Energy Barrier, Multi-Form, Solar Flare, Telekinesis, Power Ball
(side note: Ikolo is not of royal lineage and so does not retain morality in great ape form but it is also the only form in which she can/will fight. The great ape form also disables any of her magical abilities.)

Theme Song: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you don't have the plug in chances are you won't be able to listen to it. Yes, I made it myself. Technically this is Ikolo and Pecoros' theme song but it also works for Ikolo by herself. Alternatively [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would also work as her theme song. This one also works: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Ikolo on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: Ikolo Shion Higabana   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:10 am

I like your history, and I've got no particular issue with magic or any form of differences your character appears to have with other Saiyans. Even though you don't think it'll be necessary to include a power level and attacks, I do however suggest that you add them to your bio, as they give your character an equal start with everyone else. Other than that, everything's fine. Just waiting for Celeria's comments now, and we're all set to go. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ikolo
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Ikolo Shion Higabana   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 am

Amended her PL and techniques as suggested.

The forests they flourish, the towers grow high
The four lights shine down, chaos withers and dies
But imbalance grows, forests turn dark
This is our doom, the tower breaks the sky;
Here come the dragons to bring it down...
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Ikolo Shion Higabana   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:39 am

A great and creative app, as I expected! I really like the tribal bellydance idea. I'm a fan of bellydance myself and tribal in particular looks very primal, something that would go well with a saiyan female.

It's also likely that the saiyans had at least some semblance of spirituality back in their tribal days, so it's imaginable that certain magic has been passed on from generation to generation here and there. How it's viewed among traditionalists, I cannot say... We haven't thought of that before, so we wouldn't know what the rest of the saiyan society would think about it. Anyway, nevermind that for now... I know you'll restrict yourself and play everything out nicely, so I'll let you go along with your idea. I have to pry at least a little away from my principles about this site, or I'll end up a freckin' despot. And nobody likes a despot admin.

The only thing I'm not sure about is Ikolo carrying around a stuffed toy. I mean we're talking about a pack of brutish warriors... She might get into trouble for it. D:

Could she keep it hidden and treasured along with the book? Carrying around a stuffed toy just really seems way too OOC for a saiyan character anyway you slice it.

But it's nothing major, so I'll just move the thread to the Original Characters forum because you are approved!

Welcome to the crew, dear!
Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Ikolo
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: Ikolo Shion Higabana   Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:25 am

Ikolo tends to be an awfully childish seeming charcter and would likely have to get into trouble IC so she'd decide to hide it instead of carrying it with her always. It is one of the last things she has to remember her father by so she might need the oddity of carrying it pointed out to her before she realizes it is unfitting in the eyes of her peers. Of course if someone outranking her said to leave the toy at home then she'd just
have to oblige lol. I don't foresee it causing her to get in trouble more than once in game.

It's good to be aboard! I'll do my best to keep things fun and in perspective. I look forward to playing.

The forests they flourish, the towers grow high
The four lights shine down, chaos withers and dies
But imbalance grows, forests turn dark
This is our doom, the tower breaks the sky;
Here come the dragons to bring it down...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ikolo Shion Higabana   

Back to top Go down

Ikolo Shion Higabana
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1