» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

The Fruit of Vengeance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: The Fruit of Vengeance    Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:58 am

The stratosphere ignited as burning red space pods shredded through the sky. The air hissed as the oxygen of the inner atmosphere exploded against the pressure of the plummeting Saiyan pods. The entire world let out what sounded like a gigantic yawn, and the sky darkened until it resembled blood soaked in grime. This world was just the latest in a conglomerate of planets that had recently fallen to the newly formed Saiyan Empire. In the months that had followed Brokka’s incarceration of Dark Star, a dozen civilisations had fallen to his feet in unconditional surrender. In the times of old, a Saiyan general would have wiped clean all opposition, and the very image of surrender would have sickened him to the gut. But under Brokka’s new regime, planets were more than simple baubles in his collection; they were species producing factories that could forge entire armies. Soon, if the momentum continued unabated, the Saiyan race would replace Freeza as the universe’s ruling hegemony. And he would have at his command the most formidable legion in history, ready to crush all those who dared to stand against him. This was the true inheritance of the Saiyan race, and only the General, with his enhanced clairvoyance, could turn this into a reality.    

Each pod collided with the surface at the force of a nuclear explosion. Any city, settlement, or landscape that had once thrived in these areas was crushed below craters of mammoth proportion. And before the smoke even settled, from out of these small unassuming pods came a foray of destruction. The landscape ignited in a burning white glow, as ki energy scorched the vista of cities and wilderness. Each towering building, and every tall tree and natural formation was saturated in utter devastation. Before a standard hour was even concluded, 80% of all planetary infrastructure had been rendered obsolete by the invading Saiyan forces. This world, which had previously flourished in an ambient area of space, was now in ruin. There was no way forward for these people, no hope to cling to, other than by kneeling to the General himself.

Brokka walked the smouldering streets and scanned the faces of the terrified indigenous life. Tall, pale humanoid creatures with erect ears and sharp features huddled together in search of sanctity. But none would come, not until he had brought these people below his boot. At the centre of the General’s vision was a massive palace structure with a stairway of over one thousand steps. This was no doubt the centre of this world’s governance, and it was here that he would make this planet yield. As the General sauntered up the stone steps, residual forces threw themselves in his way. Troop after troop intercepted him, firing on his person with projectile weaponry. The blasters simply rebounded off his aura, and as the occasional soldier engaged him in hand to hand combat, Brokka broke them into pieces.

One soldier flung himself at the General, and a simple forward volley dislocated the vertebrae from his neck. Another came, and this one tried to flank Brokka, but without even shifting his posture the Saiyan reached with both of his hands behind his back and cracked the soldier’s neck in three places. Finally, two soldiers tried to corner the General into an ambush, but as they approached he drove his elbows into the butt of their necks, causing blood-filled phlegm to spew from their mouths and noses until they dropped to the floor in suffocation.

As Brokka reached the apex of the stairs, officials emerged from the palace and congregated into a small crowd of bumbling fools. One such official did however emerge from the group, no doubt the world’s leader.

“We are a democratic and peaceful people; we play no part in intergalactic affairs, why have you come here?” The leader spluttered.

“I’ve come to claim this world as my own...” Brokka lowered his gaze until he met eye to eye with the significantly smaller humanoid. He felt like a giant towering above a whimpering child.

“This planet belongs to nobody. We are a democratically elected government and no single man or... Thing, can claim it.” The leader’s voice shook with tremors. His words were laughable.

“...Democratic?” A wide and mocking smirk engulfed Brokka’s face. Soon, his smile burst into unadulterated laughter, his deep voice engulfed the surrounding area as the officials winced and recoiled. He crossed his arms and continued to snicker a little longer. Never had Brokka heard of such an inefficient system of governing as this ‘democracy’.

“And you hadn’t fallen sooner...?” His smile fell away, replaced only by gruelling menace. “Then see it as a compliment that it was I that crushed you below my boot, and not a lesser man.” He uncrossed his large arms. “Lieutenant...” The General eventually said, as his scouter detected Caynenna coming in to land beside him. “Do with them as you please. You’ve earned this reward.” He exclaimed as he extended a finger and pointed at the group of huddled democrats whimpering by the palace. “But this one is mine.” He finally concluded, looking down at the leader.  

The General grinned as he lorded over the jittering weakling.

“But this is-“

With the merest effort, Brokka swung his backhand and instantly removed the weaklings head from his shoulders. The body flailed under the G-force of the General’s strength, and the pale head rolled and skipped down the thousands of steps.

“Yet another world to our collection.” He said, almost with the sentiment of bemusement. This was too easy, and he had been unchallenged for too long. But at least they had come to this system for a reason. Here, on a world close to this system’s star, was enough nourishment to plant the seed of the Tree of Might. The other worlds had proved to be false, and had long perished under the wrath of their respective stars, but this system was still young, and thus the planet would surely be fertile.

Last edited by Brokka on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:19 am

Cayenna plodded along after the General with Chardok in tow. The group was, at best, unamused. Ever since they woke up, it was one boring fight after the other. It was almost as if they were being assaulted by brainless punching bags. Heck, the punching bags on Vegeta put up more of a fight. Even Chardok seemed to have lost his luster and Cayenna almost wished him to go back to his overhyped self. Almost.

The good news was she had been promoted to lieutenant. Something that never quite happened before. But what the heck, what good was being a lieutenant when she had no one to lieutenant about. The General did the ordering and Cayenna was more than happy to oblige. She was glad to pass the dull stuff on to the high-ranks.

“Do with them as you please. You’ve earned this reward.”

"Yeah, sir, whatever... sir. Chardok, on three." She muttered disinterestedly as she raised her palm and fired a lazy ki blast that obliterated the whimpering congregation instantly.

Bloody hell, was a decent punch to the face too much to ask for? She forgot the smell of her blood and the last time she even broke a sweat. Her muscles were aching and the back of her mind was restless.

"Aw, man, this takes me back to the shoddy runs with Cel. Did you ever do those when you first got recruited, Char? And she would be all like..." - Cayenna straightened her back and rested her clenched fists on her hips as she stiffened her expression and lowered her voice in a mock-tone.

"This world is beneath us. Disperse and eliminate key targets and report back to me." - She relaxed her shoulders and burst into a cheeky chuckle.

"As if I fucking know what "key targets" are, right?" - she threw her hands up in the air, gesturing confusion as Chardok sniggered for the first time since they left Dark Star.

"Ya should have whacked 'em all and tossed them before her like: "Which one's 'em key ones?" - Chardok muttered.

Cayenna grunted happily. "Yeah if I was that keen on my body ending up on top of the pile."

Cayenna became aware of Brokka's scrutinizing gaze and she quickly tapped Chardok on the shoulder as they both stood to attention.

"Your orders, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:52 am

Brokka’s vision pierced through the galls of destruction that littered the planet’s landscape. In such a short time –in a matter of months and not years, as he had previously anticipated- his power had increased three-fold. He had to admit, this progress did elude his understanding, after all he had fought for a century on Planet Vegeta, and yet his native power level back then had barely exceeded 10,000. Now, the challenges of the combat environment were quickly diminishing as his strength accumulated at an unprecedented rate. At this level, 99% of the universe’s forces were below his attention, and if he acquired more fruit of the Tree of Might then not even Freeza would be able to stand against him. Therefore, the question the Saiyan had to ask himself was... what then? This crusade he led was sufficient only when there was a challenge on the horizon, and already Brokka felt that the end to this mission was already in his peripherals. But for now he had to continue without distraction, only Brokka with his superior might and tactical genius was sufficient to restore the Saiyan race. This was his aim, and anything that would seek to distract him from this ultimate goal was negligible.

Cayenna broke the General’s contemplative stint with a daring quip about her sister, the traitorous Commander Celeria. Brokka’s brows fell on the lieutenant in scrutiny, but what she said rung true. These rudimentary raids were akin to wiping one’s boot free of dirt. A Saiyan was above this type of work, and he would not allow his subordinates to feel content with such lowly assignments. Should any of them become complacent with such tasks, then they would die.

“It’s General to you, Lietenant.” He eventually barked, dismissing the self-privileged title of ‘sir’. Eventually he turned his back from his footmen and shifted his scrutiny to the stars. His mind, however, dwelled for a moment on the mention of Commander Celeria, the mother of his estranged offspring. “Your sibling, she birthed my child. Tell me everything you know, and don’t tarry.” His gaze remained on the sky, on the exact spot of the next destination.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 am

"My wha- oh." Cayenna quickly shifted her gaze from one side to another, silently regretting the fact that she let her mouth run again. Too late to turn back now, she figured. So she approached the General and, making sure no one was eavesdropping - ah to hell with it, she simply approached him as casually as she could.

"Well, erm... uh... he was.. tall? Very tall. And Celeria trained him. A lot. And I trained him, too. Was one tough little brat. He climbed the ranks like overnight. And all because Celeria never cut him any slack, you know? Bit of a bastard too, you know? Cel tried to keep that in check as well but the kid had a will of his own. He feared her, though. As he should. I think everyone feared Cel back in the day..."

She looked around again.

"My guess would be they still do. You know, General... maybe leaving her behind and bringing that Ikowhat was not the best idea. Because... well, because she makes a damn fine leader. I am sure if  you just talked to her that she would understand your idea - I mean, I'm pretty sure she appreciates domination as much as any of us, right? So why did you leave her... Why did you leave my sister to Frieza?" - she crossed her arms and looked up at the General with accusing eyes.

"I mean, you keep going on and on about conquest and stuff, right? Well, conquest is my sister's middle name. You know what, she didn't just raise the brat, she made him into an instrument of conquest. He had sacked countless worlds with General Nappa and Prince Vegeta! So if anyone should be here..." Cayenna stopped herself there. As much as she didn't want to admit it, they were all at the mercy of this guy. And she figured she had already said more than enough to piss him off.

"Anyway, the kid got sent off on an off-world mission with Nappa and Vegeta and then we went popsicle. I don't remember anything else. Can I be dismissed, General?" - she looked around nervously, fists clenched.

It had only just begun to sink in that Celeria might just be dead. But she couldn't be, not the Celeria she knew. She couldn't be fodder for Frieza, that was why she was chosen for the mission in the first place. She was to make sure none of them were fodder for Frieza.

Cayenna's muscles tensed. She felt nervous and on edge and she wasn't sure what to do. Her anxiety made her body feel like a trap. There was not a soul among these pathetic beings worthy enough to graze her skin with their knuckles, she doubted Chardok was up to the task and she would have challenged the General if she weren't keen on keeping her head. But what good was her head anyway if it's gonna be stuck in ditches like this.

Cayenna exhaled roughly as she lowered her head and focused her eyes on the dirt covering her boots.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 am

Brokka’s mind raced as Cayenna regaled him with the details of his son’s upbringing. He had very little interest in the child’s home life, or his relationship with his mother, but he did care about his abilities. It seemed that this boy held significant promise, which of course the General had little doubt about in the first place, but to hear that he had fought alongside Prince Vegeta was utterly stifling. The Saiyan’s irises widened as he continued to look up into the great expanse. He had served, for a time, as protector of the Crown’s heirs, and he had observed all those closely associated with the young Vegeta. Therefore, it stood to reason that Brokka had known the child that was his son, but had not been privy to their shared genetics. The General’s fist clenched, and the muscles that comprised his arm contracted. This was an unacceptable error indeed; he had been far too absorbed by his mission at the time to see his own offspring in front of him!

Brokka jerked his head to one side and spat, the liquid instantly melded with the congealing blood under his boots. He glowered at the thought of his own short-sightedness, but it was exacerbated by the lieutenant’s insistent rambling regarding her sister.

“I asked about the child, not your damned traitorous sister.” He twisted round and with the force of his superior frame, he easily pushed past Cayenna. He moved to the precipice of the stairway and continued. “You remain in my employ because you are useful, so do not expend that usefulness. You are privileged to be here, with me, returning our race to prominence. So far you have complied with this directive, but should you stray or falter, even minutely, then your fate will be that of the other traitors.” Brokka grimaced, his own shortcomings creating rage that was easily divertible to Cayenna and the rest of the unit.

The Saiyan finally raised a flat palm and a small ball of solid white ki energy formed in his grasp. He pointed the energy ball directly at Cayenna, and the General spoke. “The same goes for the rest of you.” His brows fell until his sight subtracted into 20/20 vision. Then his aim altered slightly, and he unleashed his Big Bang Attack. The blast, travelling at immeasurable speed, whisked past Cayenna, who was briefly bathed in its light, and struck at the heart of the palace. The small orb then quickly swelled, exploding with the force of a comet. The entire area became soaked in blinding light, and all structures melted away like butter. When the attack faded, all that remained was a deep cavern in the world.

Brokka’s frown gave way to a neutral and calculating expression. Eventually, he activated his scouter’s display. “Private.” He said, addressing Chardok, “I want an exact ETA on the travel time from this world to the planet designated Alpha-2441 in this system.” Quickly, he turned to Cayenna. “Lieutenant, rally the unit, and upon arrival prepare a sweep of the entire planet. I want updates and analysis on any potential threats or obstacles that might prevent our primary objective.” He moved to face the entire unit. “You’re all dismissed.”
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:02 am

"Traitorous?" - Cayenna thought to herself. What could Celeria have done for the General to brand her as a traitor? Bah, she must have refused him and it struck the wrong chord. Cayenna had forgotten that not everyone in the saiyan army could put their ego aside and focus on matters at hand, she among those. She stared Brokka directly in the eyes as he pointed the ki orb at her. He might be stronger, he might be her superior officer, but Cayenna feared nothing. Not now, not ever. If he chose to kill her now, then so bloody be it. She grunted under her breath as the orb rushed past her and reduced the palace behind them to dust.

Her fists were still clenched. She did not like it when her superiors tried to intimidate her. Those same superiors often ended up choking on their own intestines. Bastard or not, the General was currently the only chance that the saiyan race had. And Cayenna was already used to years of servitude under a tyrant of another sort. Same shit, different face. For the time being, she would stay her hand.

She quickly turned towards the group.

"You heard the General! Move out, you lot!" - she growled.

After a few minutes, Chardok scurried to meet the General's stride as he relayed all the information he had collected. The rest of the squadron followed in tow. Cayenna hovered above ground within acceptable distance, awaiting further orders.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:22 am

From space, Alpha-2441 appeared to fit the records. The world was covered in water and vegetation, and the atmosphere appeared to be undamaged by pollution or irregular solar activity. This was unsurprising to Brokka. What did strike him, however, was that upon entering the atmosphere, the planet was not as untouched as he had anticipated. From his view through the space pod globe, the General saw a world covered in green, but that green had been ravaged and perverted by... something. The entire planet looked like the aftermath of one of his bombardments, but Brokka was certain of the fact that he had never ventured into this secluded area of space.

The pods quickly landed, and out came the entire unit. The General levitated in the middle of the ruined waste and activated his scouter’s display. He growled in contempt at what the device read. It appeared that this world had already been raided, and whoever had done this was still here. Various energy signatures appeared on his scouter, but they were situated at the opposite end of the planet. To get to the bottom of what had become of this world, his unit would have to mobilise there.

“Go!” He exclaimed, sharply motioning with two fingers. The entire team knew something was amiss.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:56 am

Another barren wasteland with nothing there but filth as far as the eye could see. Cayenna grunted as she rose higher into the air. This was beginning to feel like the dredges of a past life. She simply nodded at Brokka as she erupted into silver flames and blasted off. Each saiyan had gone in a different direction. Soon enough, however, Cayenna began noticing something in the distance. A huge... tree? What the hell? Were there more bugs on this planet? 'Cause she has had enough of eating bug-like aliens for at least the next month. Shaking her head in disapproval, she slowly descended to investigate. Her peripheral vision caught sight of... saiyan space pods? Could it be... Celeria? Did she find them? Of course she found them. Cayenna had soon picked up the sound of footsteps in the distance and she promptly changed her trajectory and landed, going inside the trunk of the imposing tree.

She thought twice about relaying the information about this tree to Chardok and the rest of the team, in case Celeria was outnumbered. But if that was the case, she was sure she could take care of everyone except Brokka and she would leave the General for her sister to handle. So she figured she might as well take the plunge.

"General, I am inside a really big and mean-looking tree and there seems to be someone else here. Gonna investigate. Cayenna out." Before she could turn off the transmission relay, Cayenna heard a voice that made her stop in her tracks.

"Cayenna?"

She turned around and her eyes widened instantly. This was not Celeria or any of her soldiers, this was bloody insane.

"Turles?" - she cocked an eyebrow. "What the- How the- what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same." He grinned with genuine interest.

"Why the heck would I tell you anything, you dog?" - she mocked.

"How the heck are you still alive anyway?" She added.

"Quid pro quo, Cayenna. I asked you a question." He wagged his index finger from side to side condescendingly.

"Go fuck yourself, Turles." - she spat.

Suddenly, Turles grabbed her by the collar and slammed her against the wall with such force that Cayenna thought her teeth had dislodged.

"I won't ask you again. Why are you here?" - he purred at her under his breath.

"Turles, you idiot. Look at you, looking all done up for a ball. In all the years I've had to look at your ugly mug you've never worn an armor half as fine. Got yourself some fancy friends, huh?" - she grinned.

Cayenna looked at him and instantly threw her head forward, headbutting him with full force. Her blood spilled instantly, her scouter fell off and she began laughing.

"Today just isn't my fucking day." - she grunted, more to herself, letting her head fall back.

Turles threw her aside and Cayenna rolled to the other side of the cavern as he picked up her scouter and heard an all too familiar voice yelling out through the comlink, no doubt frothing at the mouth as usual.

"Old man! It has been too long. Tell me, does this little girl belong to you by any chance? In that case, I will be extra careful." - he laughed eagerly as he walked towards Cayenna, who was already being held upright by Amond and Daiz.

"Lieutenant Cayenna... my my. I never thought you'd screw your way to a rank. Especially not a washed up old man. Answer me this... can our General Brokka stand to attention?" - he leaned towards her and talked in a soft, mocking tone as he rammed his fist deep into her stomach.

Cayenna spat out blood and rose up to meet him face to face.

"Eat it, worm." she growled at him through bloodied teeth.

"Oh, I intend to." - he approached her as his two grunts turned her around.

A number of noises flooded the scouter comlink - armor shattering, spandex tearing and Cayenna's enraged, beastly cries.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Brokka surveyed his surroundings as he headed for the southern pole of the planet. This world was unpopulated, with no signs of pre-established life, why any external force would annihilate it in this fashion was a mystery. The Planet Trade Organisation would have attempted to preserve an empty planet of this profile for sale, as would a band of pirates. And any natural disaster such as a comet or meteor shower wouldn’t leave such structured damage. A natural cataclysm would have left an ice age, but instead Brokka felt as if he was traversing a ruined planet-wide forest. When the odds never added up to a General, it spelt out deceit, and normally the Saiyan would be accommodating of such entertainment, but this only threw his plans off course.

Suddenly his scouter chirped up, “General, I am inside a really big and mean-looking tree and there seems to be someone else here. Gonna investigate. Cayenna out." Brokka’s eyes flared in surprise. A big tree, the presence of others, and a world ravaged by means that couldn’t easily be discerned? Someone had beat them to it! Brokka’s white aura burst around him and his energy climbed in seconds. He tracked the lieutenant on his scouter and quickly diverted course.

“Lieutenant, status report. What do you see – who is here?” His eyes scanned the display as he continued to kill the distance between himself and Cayenna. “Unit, mobilise on the Lieutenants location, now.”

“Turles?” Said a muffled Lieutenant, and Brokka’s mind and body was instantly driven into fury.

Impossible! Only the General had managed to escape on the final day, Turles had betrayed him and left him for dead, but the vagrant was too useless, too short-sighted to escape Vegeta’s destruction. He hadn’t managed to enter Cryo-stasis, Brokka had surveyed the pods before he vacated the colony just to make sure. But, if Cayenna was correct, and Turles was here, then he had harvested Brokka’s reward. The General’s face transformed in a fit of unequalled power, now his aura fizzed around his being like the dying cries of a supernova. No matter how much fruit that weak bastard had reaped from the tree, Turles would never possess the might to stand against what Brokka had become. The fruit was just an extra insurance for him now, he was already well on his way to breaking through the threshold of the legendary Super Saiyan.

“Lieutenant! Hold the line, this pathetic bastard’s mine.” Brokka hissed through gritted teeth. But all he heard was ruffles and the slight utterances of conversation. But it was Turles alright, somehow he’d managed to secure safety from Freeza’s destruction, but now the details mattered little. Now was the time for the Saiyan General to indulge in his own fruit; the fruit of vengeance.

From over a precipice, Brokka saw it. There it was, as it had been when he had tried to reap it all that time ago. That was the Tree of Might! It had ravaged the world entirely, draining it of all resources to produce a fruit that augmented a fighter’s strength two-fold with each bite. And there, stuffed into the bark was that pointy haired bastard, clad in blue armour and honing in on Cayenna. As Brokka got closer, he received more radio traffic, but this time it was a personal beckoning.

"Old man! It has been too long. Tell me, does this little girl belong to you by any chance? In that case, I will be extra careful." Brokka jeered. This maggot never would have been so bold when he had been a simple nothing.

Soon, two of Turles’ footmen held Cayenna in place, and he appeared to get close to her. But, before the General could make head or tail of the spineless bastard’s words, he managed to vault over Turles’ head and intercept the cannon fodder first. With a fist to the jugular, the taller humanoid one on the right collided with the steel bark of the tree. But, before the worm could react, the General gripped him by the ankles and flung him like a doll into the ground. He then dealt with the pink ugly one by somersaulting over Cayenna and roundhouse kicking him in the area where his neck should have been. He ricocheted into a thick root protruding out of the earth, and Brokka followed up the assault with a ki blast directly to the stomach. That would repel Turles’ underlings for now, but the scouter readings indicated that they were too powerful to be utterly defeated.

Now, for the traitor. The Saiyan dug his armoured feet into the dirt and used the traction to propel him towards his target. The distance between both combatants was gone instantly, and Brokka drove his forehead directly into the bastard’s nose. Turles fired backwards, but his feet never left the ground, nor did he look particularly deterred. Brokka held his ground, smirking widely at Turles and then briefly giving his attention to Cayenna.

“Your skills are impressive Lieutenant but this isn’t your fight. Rally the others, hold off all outside interference. Do this for me, and I will be greatly impressed.” Then, his undivided attention was again with his ex-protégé. “So, you’ve finally come to answer for your treachery, boy?” Brokka grinned deeply, his smile gashing into his face. This time there were no tricks or deception, just two Saiyans and one winner: Brokka.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Cayenna regained control when Brokka executed his assault on her captors. Instantly, she kneed one of them to the face.

"With all due respect, General - like hell it isn't my fight. I'll keep these worms off your back. You make sure that one"- she pointed at Turles - "gets the beating of his life."

Cayenna immediately descended down upon Turles' lackeys and the rest of the team was upon them instantly, pushing them back. Turles' men were stronger, but the saiyans were in greater numbers and they easily compensated for their lower power with united brute force.

Turles merely observed the two with amused eyes. They were so completely oblivious, so nauseatingly self-assured.

“So, you’ve finally come to answer for your treachery, boy?”

"Ah, General Brokka. As delusional as ever, I see." - he grinned with satisfaction.

The two stared each other down before disappearing into thin air and only reappearing to clash with one another in thundering strikes which sent shock waves through the air around them. Turles had noticed Brokka had gained much power. No doubt he had come upon a piece of the fruit himself at one point or another. Or perhaps, he was privy to some alternative method of ascension. However, whatever he was doing was not good enough. Without so much as breaking a sweat, Turles began wearing him down, taking pleasure in noticing the General's moves becoming slower and sloppier with each passing second, while Turles never faltered. Enraged, Brokka lunged forward but Turles disappeared, only to reappear behind him and deliver a swift strike to the back of his head, lodging his elbow into the base of his skull. The General's body froze and in an instant, he fell limply to the floor. Turles stared down his unconscious opponent with a satisfied grin. And here he thought this would be yet another dull harvesting mission. Oh yes, it was time to have a little overdue fun.

Cayenna and her gang had managed to subdue and even dispatch two of Turles' weaker lackeys. The lieutenant was in the middle of executing a roundhouse kick to Amond's stomach when her leg was suddenly caught by... Turles?! Before she had any time to react, Turles had backhanded her hard into the ground.

"Once a fool, always a fool. Hiding behind your sister and now that geriatric clown." - he laughed at her as he held out his open palm.

Before Cayenna could react, Turles ran up to her and kicked her in the stomach, propelling her up into the air. Chardok had tried to stop him, but Turles simply punched him aside like he would a fly. When she tried to regain her footing, he launched a great ring of ki which darted to and collided with Cayenna, releasing an explosion of cataclysmic magnitude. As her nostrils filled with the stench of her own burning skin, Cayenna witnessed Celeria's judging face as she fainted into nothingness.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Brokka didn’t hesitate to engage Turles in one to one combat. Since they had last met, and even since he had emerged from cryo-sleep, the General’s strength had reached incomprehensible heights. By his own estimates his power level now exceeded 1,000,000, a target that had previously been a simple fantasy. No matter how Turles survived the last day, or even how much fruit he had ingested, he could never stand as General Brokka’s equal. The natural gap between the two of them was just too expansive for his ex-protégé to ever have the upper edge, the Saiyan understood that completely.

BUT as Brokka engaged Turles in single combat, logic and cold meticulous tactics gave way to something altogether impossible. The General -at first only occasionally- found himself taking more strikes than the opposition, and missing more and more opportunities to hit. First it was a shot to the gut, then a knee to the spine, and before long the somewhat equal playing field was rapidly transformed. Brokka wasn’t catching his breath quite right. As he veered over mountaintops and ploughed through acres of forest, his opponent was always there to meet him blow for blow. But Turles was simply faster and stronger, and he was significantly less expended than the General.

Damn that worthless piece of shit! Brokka thought, fighting tireless to cling to his faculties. He couldn’t be more powerful than the General, it wasn’t logical. When they had last met on the battlefield, Turles had only possessed a power level of a little over 30,000. In order to eclipse Brokka in this way he would have had to consume his weight in the fruit of the tree. This stank of something else; this wasn’t an even playing field. Brokka had conducted years of research, and so much fruit had never been produced in a single batch... Turles must have been preparing and reaping the rewards for years!

Eventually, Brokka let his fury ignite in a blinding spectrum of his ki. He fired himself high above the canopy of the forest and with his fist, cut through an entire mountain with one overcharged punch. As the hundreds, if not thousands of pieces of rock debris fell on Turles, he used the distraction to forge a powerful offensive. In both of his hands the blades of the Earth Cutting Row technique spawned, and as the Saiyan General placed Turles in his sights, he unleashed the full ferocity of the attack. From what Brokka could see at his vantage point in the sky, the blades collided with Turles directly and exploded upon impact. Then, they continued to carve the planet into pieces, gouging the forests, rivers and plains into separate gargantuan landmasses. Where once the landscape had been ravaged, now the great majority of it was no more, and it had all been due to Brokka’s superior strength.

But the dust settled, and impossibly Turles was unhinged. In fact he grinned in the same way that Brokka had when Celeria had unleashed her futile onslaught against him. The General inhaled deeply, and spat out a ball of phlegm writhe with his own blood. He couldn’t help but grin at the situation. He appeared to be losing this confrontation, and he’d never truly lost anything in his entire life. Even when he had been ambushed bu Turles in the past, he had been pursued unfairly, and was never granted the warrior’s right to true combat. This was an incomparable situation, and Brokka knew the only way to his ultimate victory was through the corpse of this sniffling bastard. He readied himself, this time for a final onslaught. His energy leaked out through his every pour, and his fists clenched until they drew blood from his palms. He began to bellow at the height of his lungs; a true warriors cry.

“YOU CANNOT STOP ME YOU TINY BASTARD!!!”

The General charged Turles, and every ounce of his being came with him. He moved with the might of a self professed god as he drove his fist towards Turles’ face. But instantly, Turles disappeared, and suddenly Brokka felt the bastard materialise directly behind him. In what followed the General went completely stiff. The worm had dug his elbow into the older Saiyan’s skull, instantly causing his central nervous system to fail. With little chance for retaliation, the General’s body plummeted to the ground and his energy failed. First he saw a motion blur, and then he saw nothing.

Time past immemorial, but eventually Brokka, who had been utterly exhausted in combat, awoke to the dulling sensation of crippling pain. He sneered, he’d endured worse, it would take far more than this feeble attempt to break him. This was just damage to the flesh, and soldier’s like the him were so much more than that. His lacerated hand reached out and dug into the dirt, and with that anchor he pulled himself forward and looked up to review his surroundings. He wasn’t done, his body was in ruin but his drive was unsinkable. He had fought for over a century in battle after battle, and had lost everything ten times over. But, with each bruise a new mechanism for surviving was obtained, this time would be no different.

As Brokka took in the vista before him, he saw an ensemble of his unit’s corpses, but there was Caynenna, still clinging to life, and Chardok. There was still opportunity for victory yet, there had to be.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:37 am

They had made short work of Brokka's troops. Or at least, the pitiful bunch he considered a unit. Turles dusted off his hands and glanced in the direction of the unconscious general. He considered ending him then and there but he was not feeling particularly merciful today.

"Get him up and hold him down." - Turles gestured to Amond and Daiz, the two instantly appearing at Brokka's sides, grabbing both of his arms in tight locks and setting him to his knees. The rest of the Crusher corps surrounded the General with their open palms aimed at him. Turles approached with a playful grin and flexed the fingers of his right hand as he eagerly formed it into a fist.

The mighty General Brokka. A drained heap of aging muscle. So proud, so very obstinate.

Turles grinned maliciously from ear to ear as he yanked Brokka upward by pulling on his hair as he brought his fist down on the right side of the General's face, beating him into consciousness.

"Look at you, General. Dozing off during a mission, my my. The years have finally caught up with you, hmm?" - he laughed cruelly.

"General Brokka, a kneeling puppet at the mercy of a true warrior. You are not fit to kiss my boots."
- he crossed his arms and gestured to Amond and Daiz, who pressed Brokka into the ground as Turles placed his boot on the general's reproaching face.

"What's the matter? Is the dirt not fragrant enough for a man of your stature?" - He murmured as he pressed harder.

Daiz had approached Turles, giving him one final piece of the fruit which Turles happily bit into. He then crushed the fruit and spat out his bite, watching with eagerness as the bits of fruit mixed with his saliva trailed across Brokka's face. As he pressed down further, Turles suddenly felt the pressure under his boot lessen.

"When you reflect back a few years, it turns out you really are nothing but a paranoid old fool living for a piece of fruit."

"Are you still with me, General? I hope that you are for there is one more detail I wish you to regale me with. What is it like, General Brokka, gasping for air under the boot of your betters? Where is your famous self-importance, huh? I bet it's hard to boast with a mouthful of dirt." - Turles eyes bored into the General, glowing with malice.

"Go to your grave like the insignificant fool you are." - He hissed.

Suddenly, everyone heard a laughter erupt from behind, mixed with the sounds of a moist cough. Turles raised his head to see Cayenna supporting herself on her elbows, her bloodied face observing the situation.

"Turles, you are too fucking much. General, don't tell me you believe a word coming out of this manwhore's mouth."

Turles looked at Cayenna with puzzled eyes, amazed that she had managed to survive his attack.

"Preaching greatness while stuffing your face with sissy magical fruit. You wouldn't know saiyan pride if it shat on your face." - she weakly rose to her feet.

"You wear your frilly cape and you think you're the shit. Then why are your henchmen holding him down?"  

Turles grunted and ordered his free henchmen to go at her. In an instant, Cayenna unleashed all her power in a devastating energy barrier, obliterating the surrounding area and scattering Turles' henchmen about. In the commotion, she disappeared and reappeared next to Amond, delivering a crushing dynamite kick to his chest, sending him flying. Before Daiz could do anything, she conjured up an Earth Cutting Row that he narrowly avoided but that still struck the arm he was using to pin Brokka down. As Daiz staggered back, gripping his bleeding arm that threatened to come off at the shoulder, Turles gripped Cayenna by her throat, pressing down instantly.

As Turles raised her above ground and she gasped desperately for what might be her last breath, she spoke to the General through her teeth.

"You are a saiyan, Brokka. You are our General. While this worm gloats over power not his own, you claimed your title in blood. Get up... Make... him... pay." - Cayenna coughed up blood and her body momentarily went limp.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Brokka was dragged through the dirt and restrained. His grey mane was left bloodied and tattered, and his body in a state of exhaustion. He was being restrained by two of Turles’ underlings, who were only able to hold him in place due to his weakened disposition. The General heard his ex-protégé taunt and mock him, taking jibes at his age and military station. But, as the traitorous bastard warbled on, Brokka’s hearing faded until he could only detect the faintest muffling. There was nothing that that unruly child could say that would break or intimidate him. This old warrior had risen through the ages from nothing; he had clawed his way through class and rank and wrought utter destruction on those who had opposed him. EVERYTHING that Brokka was, was everything that Turles was not.

Suddenly, the Saiyan felt gloop and moisture soak his cheek. As his blurred vision peered upward, he saw Turles rejecting the fruit from the Tree. The General’s hoarse throat let out a long grumble, this conspirator had been the merest tool in Brokka’s arsenal, and he should never have been capable of this duplicity. He was utterly inferior in every sense, and the fact that he spat out what the General had worked so hard to find was the deepest affront. Brokka bore his gritted teeth, and blood seeped over his fangs and into the grooves. He extended his fingers like shovels and drove himself only a couple of inches forward on the ground. The strength it had taken just to move was damning, he closed his eyes to compose himself.

In the darkness of his own mind his ego suffocated. Yes, he had commanded the legions of the Saiyan army and defied death countless times, but now he was frustrate before a damned weakling. He could think of no reprieve; no escape, no matter how he tried. His soldiers were all but dead, his growing legion was scattered across the stars, and he was completely isolated. What remained, against all trepidation, could only be his destruction. Brokka finally buried his forehead in the grime and smiled thinly. The irony of the situation – a warrior of his station debased in such a way that he himself had destroyed the rebel colonists. If Brokka took anything from this unworthy death, it was that at least it took unnatural powers to bring him to his end. He looked up one more time, fishing for Turles’ unworthy eyes with his distorted vision. For a moment, they met each other’s gaze in a final exchange. The General simply let his wide grin do the talking. He would die mocking this bastard for taking everything he had worked decades to procure.

Suddenly, the end was postponed as Cayenna burst from her slumber and unleashed hell on Turles’ minions. They scattered about the ruined planet, deterred by her flurry of energy attacks. But, even her impressive display was not sufficient, as the traitor easily quelled her, holding her by the gullet. Damn it, he’d told her not to get involved! Now, yet another of Brokka’s elect was about to fall, and the once mighty General could do nothing to stop it. This was true powerlessness; this must have been what it was like to be there in that final moment, when planet Vegeta met its annihilation. The hopelessness was deafening.

As Brokka looked on in rage, Cayenna gurgled her final words. "You are a saiyan, Brokka. You are our General. While this worm gloats over power not his own, you claimed your title in blood. Get up... Make... him... pay."

What was she saying – why was she even still speaking? Brokka grimaced, she was practically begging for execution. Why did Cayenna bother; why did she still have faith? She was just a grunt, just a foot soldier; she had no more clairvoyance in this situation than he did. Surely, she was thoughtless... Or was she? Doubt, for the first time in the General’s career, flowed through him. This lieutenant still clung to her convictions, yet here he was in a cesspool of his own inadequacy, yielding like a dog to an unworthy master. His open palms formed into fists in the dirt, and in his fingers he felt the rotten earth diminish to dust. She was right, Brokka was everything, and Turles was nothing.

The Saiyan General raised his fists above the earth and slammed them into the grime. A shock-wave tremored through the land, and a stray bolt of lightning screeched through the sky. His molars ground together, wiping away the blood that stained his teeth. Finally, Brokka looked up, peering directly through Turles as he held the lieutenant by a thread.

This bastard’s time was up.

Somehow, with the will of centuries, the broken General was broken no more. He climbed steadily to his feet, his energy exploding round him like a trundle of wrath. His aura, which radiated with a translucent hue, began to distort. First, golden embers danced through the storm, and then his energy field ignited in an unyielding golden blaze. His muscles instantly contracted, first by a fraction, then expanding two-fold. Next, his mane which was grey and aged danced and sharpened into large golden spikes. His unwavering pupils were the last to change, and whilst his gaze remained on the bastard traitor, his onyx orbs eviscerated, replaced instead by emeralds on fire. The General tensed his impossible frame and unleashed a predator’s cry. The world broke in two at his bellowing voice, and forks of lightning struck the ground, decimating everything. The sound waves generated enough force to loosen Turles’ grip, and Cayenna dropped to the trembling earth.

Brokka had transformed. He was no longer shackled by his previous mortal chains, he was now the legend; the Super Saiyan.

“You’ve got something that I want back...” His deepened and grittier voice exclaimed “Your spirit.” A scowl settled on Brokka’s face. The General had ascended.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Cayenna tried her hardest to cling to consciousness as she gripped Turles' arm to no avail. If the General had given up then she would have to do something, she would have to find a way to get out of this situation. But there was no way he had given up so easily. Then again, she hadn't known him for very long. This may as well be the end of all of them, dammit.

Without warning, the soil around them exploded and Cayenna felt herself awash with burning hot energy. Her eyelids flew open only for her to be blinded by golden light emanating from... Brokka? Just what was going on? Was she dying?

The sensation of crashing to the ground moments later assured her she wasn't making this up. There was the General standing before her, only different.. changed. Just what the heck was going on?

"General, are you... ok?" - She looked up at him and murmured, more to herself, mouth agape.

Turles and his henchman who had flocked anew around their master looked on in suspense and disbelief. Turles staggered back a few steps, visibly disturbed.

"You..." - he grunted under his breath. "What is this?!" - he spat, clenching his fists tightly as both him and his corps readied themselves for battle.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:01 pm

His eminence was otherworldly. Brokka, the golden god, stood at the eye of a perishing world. Around him, just metres away in utter confusion were: his lieutenant, the bastard traitor, and a converging employ of pathetic maggots. The General’s grimace deepened, but he remained silent as the naysayers approached. They were unfathomably weak; he didn’t need to have an operational scouter to sense as much. As they encircled him cautiously, his scowl became sheer amusement. The aura of golden flames that engulfed him suddenly exploded, and the G-Force caused the entire party, including Cayenna, to tumble beneath the torrential might. Then, at uncategorical speed, he disappeared.

...First a head dislocated and rolled... second a torso was split in two... then the entire unit of snivelling weaklings came crashing down in bits and pieces. Blood was awash everywhere, but as soon as innards spilled, the quaking earth swallowed all remains into its loins. Brokka instantly returned to where he had been before, his feet firmly entrenched in the trembling planet. His aura was still wild, almost impossible even for him to subdue.

“This is your fucking demise.” He finally spat in response, his muscles quivering at the sheer thrill of getting to wear Turles’ skin as a prized fur.

The Super Saiyan suddenly bound forward and gripped the traitorous bastard by the scalp. Then, with no effort at all, Brokka drove Turles’ skull directly through the bark of the Tree of Might. The thick wood shattered and splintered Turles’ flesh on impact. But before the damage could settle, the General began to run with the bastard’s head still in hand. His adversary’s skull soon became a blunted knife, as the Super Saiyan used it to cut through the Tree’s bark like butter. Then, retrieving the weakling from the Tree, Brokka held him at eye height from the skull, dangling him like a toy.

“Look at you, I’ve barely touched you and you’re waning.” Brokka brought Turles closer, until the heat of the General’s lips pressed against the fool’s ear. “Remind me again why I didn’t rip you from your mother’s womb before you had the chance to stand in my presence?” He snickered, his chortling heavier, more brooding than ever before.

Suddenly, the Super Saiyan grabbed Turles' locks of shredded hair by both hands and butted him. His body instantly ricocheted like a bullet. It cut through the air with a hiss, until it buried itself with a crash and an explosion in the bed of a mountain a mile away.

The Super Saiyan grinned.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Cayenna just looked on, completely dumbfounded by the sight. The General was no longer a warrior, he was a monster. Her eyes widened as she tried her best to take in what was happening. This was a different state, some kind of... transformation? Did... it come from the tree? Did it come... from within? She wondered as she glanced at her dirty, bloodied hands. She had thought to assault the henchmen with the remainder of her energy but she realized that Brokka had dispatched them in seconds.

Instead, she got to her feet, eyes returning to Brokka every few seconds as she searched for Chardok. Eventually, she found him among some debris. He was beaten, bruised and unconscious, but he was alive. They would make it through this yet. Cayenna considered helping Brokka against Turles for a moment but when Brokka painted the tree red with blood from Turles' face she figured the best course of action would be to stay put.

She exhaled, leaning back and hissing at the sensation of her skin completely burned by Turles' attack.

"Ack, that piece of shit! You give him what for, General." - she muttered, again more to herself.

Turles had tried to regain his composure many times over but no matter how much he tried, the searing pain he was exposed to tore off any chances of a mental or physical rebuttal. Turles' spat out blood.

"Just a... cheap trick!" - he bent over, coughing and instantly dived forward at Brokka, summoning all his strength and unleashing a massive kill driver, the sheer force of the blast splintering the earth below as it flew towards Brokka. As it collided against his golden form, the shockwave sent Cayenna, Chardok and the lifeless bodies of Turles' henchmen flying into the air.

In the last moment, Cayenna activated an energy barrier and grabbed Chardok by the collar, landing safely some distance away.

"Dammit, General, just finish the bastard already!"
- she grunted despite the fact that she knew Brokka couldn't hear her - the pain from her wounds urging her not to even attempt to move and it seemed sure that she would not catch a break on this forsaken dump of a planet..
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Turles burst out of the mountain wreckage with fury plastered on his tattered face. Brokka smirked and crossed his humongous arms as the weakling worm approached. Seeing the traitor at a loss of breath, and quickly losing all his remaining faculties, was a small satisfaction. What would have been better, however, was complete annihilation.

“A cheap trick?” The General bobbed his head mockingly to one side. “No. An ascension.” He snickered slowly and scornfully.

Turles gave the Super Saiyan everything he had, but the doughnut shaped energy attack was insufficient, and failed to penetrate his golden aura. As the smoke cleared from the attack, Brokka remained with his arms crossed, and his face dressed in amusement.

“I have achieved what we had hoped for a generation ago, child. But I have proved that the power is mine, and mine alone.” The General glowered. “But you, I deem you pathetic.”

Brokka instantly raised two fingers and unleashed an Exploding Wave attack. The ki exploded with the force of an atomic collision, clearing the land and seas of all definition for a mile wide. Soon, all that was left was a crater filled with nothing. But choosing not to dally, the General fished for Turles through the smog of the aftermath and took him by the ankles. Then, breaking the sound barrier with stifling speed, Brokka drove the traitor into the ground over and over again. First his armour shattered, then his skin wore away to a crimson pulp. The beating commenced for minutes, but soon the Super Saiyan found himself having to stop at the sight of a broken Turles strewn on the trembling ground before him.

The General raised a hand, and the blade of his Earth Cutting Row technique formed. He held the blade over the traitorous bastard’s ragged remains. “I am the Super Saiyan, Turles, it’s ME.” His grin contorted into pure elation at the child’s mewling. “Now, beg me for death.”
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Broken and battered, all Turles knew was a world of pain. He had lost his sight and hearing due to the sheer amount of blood gushing from all of his orifices and his wounds. One moment, he was on top of the world and in the other, he was being pounded into nothing. No, this could not happen, not now, not like this, not to him, not-

Suddenly, the air was expelled from his lungs instantaneously as he lost all sensation in the lower part of his body. With his last remaining conscious thought he realized he had been split in two. Shattered and torn apart, like the fruit he had reaped for all these years. He lingered for another few moments of mental agony before his body went limp on the ground, a few dying tremors shaking his battered hands as the let out his last breath.

On the fringe of the battlefield, Cayenna had dozed off on duty.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:35 pm

When no pleading for a reprieve from the pain came, Brokka lost interest in the weakling that had once been his protégé, instantly cutting him into pieces. Then, he turned his back on what was left of the traitor forever, returning to where the Tree of Might still fed on the world. As the Super Saiyan panned his vision to the canopy, he saw a single piece of the fruit left, dangling on a thread. He slowly levitated and reached for it, cupping it in his palm. Then he descended until he was at the base of the enormous monstrosity, where the surviving Cayenna and Chardok waited loyally.

Brokka stroked the fruit with his thumb, visions of the past instantly spawning in his mind. This journey had started decades ago on Daris, and had lasted through the destruction of his world and people, but it was here that it would all come to an end. The General looked up at the Tree, and what had once been obscure quickly became clear. In one instance, at least, Freeza had been right to order the decimation of this overgrown fungus.

Brokka continued to stroke the large round fruit in his palm and then he spoke, not to Cayenna or Chardok, but to the true enemy. “All those years trying to harvest you; trying to use you, wasted. I thought you were the bastion of my ascension, but I was wrong.” He laughed menacingly and shook his head. Who would ever have imagined that the great General Brokka could be mistaken? “You’re not the key to my race’s salvation or its transformation, you are just a perversion.” The Super Saiyan gritted his teeth and crushed the supple fruit in his grasp. The juices flowed through the gaps in his fingers and dripped away forever. “There can be no trace left of you remaining. Now that I know the power was always mine I cannot allow the unworthy to gain a foothold where none should exist by discovering you.” He penetrated the bark with his fist instantly, and his ki erupted in his hand. Suddenly, the Tree of Might ignited from all orifices, and Brokka’s extreme power caused the abomination to erupt.

Now it was vital that they escaped the planet. The roots of the Tree of Might were as deep as the world’s core, and the detonation would cause planet-wide destruction. Brokka motioned to his two remaining soldiers and blasted off like a golden flare into the sky. Soon, the planet burned and with it any trace of the perverted Tree. But the Saiyans that had conquered it, remained.
Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: The Fruit of Vengeance    Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:43 pm

((Thread completed and locked.

PL reward - 4,500 per post.

Brokka: 10 posts x 4,500 = 45,000

Cayenna: 10 posts x 4,500 = 45,000

Chardok: 10 posts x 4,500 = 45,000 ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content