» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

From Out of the Cold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:04 pm

As Cold unleashed his deadly attack, Celeria caught sight of her team as well as Cooler's squadron with her peripheral vision - they were no doubt jumping away from the line of fire. Cold's technique was a fearsome assault, it was as if his ki had managed to set ablaze everything in its wake. But even as he released his attack and gripped her forearm, she felt his grasp becoming weaker with each passing moment. This was no retaliation, it was a dying scream.

As the haze cleared, Cold's face was expressionless with disbelief at the discovery that she was not only still there, but almost completely unfazed.

And then it began... the whimpering, the groveling. He would no doubt give her everything right away, just to snatch it away at the first opportune moment. Pitiful. Those who begged for mercy did not deserve it. She stared him down, her expression as stern and relentless as ever.

"I am Commander Celeria, an elite warrior of the saiyan race. Whatever I want, I will take for myself." - she commanded, crushing the large heart of the tyrant into a lifeless pulpy mass and she felt him wasting away in the palm of her hand.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
King Cold
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Without warning, and without rhyme or reason, Celeria clenched on King Cold’s heart until it squelched into a pulpy mass of liquids. Instantly, he lost his strength, and his face plummeted to the freezing ground below. He could no longer struggle, the once great ruler who had loomed over all things was now face down in the ice, his entire existence turning to blackness. How had this eventuality come to pass – how had King Cold been bested by race of mere primates? These questions were no longer his to answer, and as his cold heart faded, he could only mumble his final words.

“...Fool. This galaxy is larger than you know, and I controlled... I controlled only the northern quadrant. Without my empire there is n-nothing to maintain the peace. You have literally unleashed hell on the universe, monkey.” He coughed, blood splattering into the ice and melding until it became a pink slush. “There are forces... Forces in other quadrants w-which are stronger. They will come-“ He gasped for breath, but nothing came. Instead the ice bit at his skin, and his body slowly merged with the frost.

“...Freeza still lives. To... Earth, he travels to Earth to kill another... Super Saiyan.” His final words were done, and with his final revelation, King Cold passed into the annuls of history.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:39 pm

As the former tyrant collapsed to a corpse beside her, her arm went out of his torso, dripping with warm, violet blood that steamed in the chilling atmosphere. It was done. She had managed to rid her race's future of one persistent threat. She looked down upon her bloody hand and clenched her fist. With this power, no one would be able to stand in the path of the renewal of the saiyan race.

"And so perishes the mighty king. Not with an explosion but with a whimper." - she muttered more to herself as she looked down upon the now lifeless body of King Cold.

She slowly rose into the air until she caught sight of throngs of beings slowly approaching to the site of the battle. They looked more or less exactly like the fallen tyrant. These were no doubt the Cold's slaves on this planet. She regarded them for a moment and the procession stopped in its tracks as soon as they caught sight of her.

"You!" - she cried out to them - "The slave legion of this planet, hear me! I give you your freedom!"

She reached out her hand to them, index finger pointed directly at them.

"Your lives are yours to command! And if any one of you out there wishes to follow in the footsteps of your fallen oppressors, I will be waiting."

Her gaze drifted to the dark skies above. So much more awaited her out there. Her work in this universe was indeed just beginning. She flew over to the nearby clearing and let herself fall to the ground, holding herself in mid air for a moment, touched down on the ground lightly and effortlessly. Closing her eyes, she allowed her power to slowly dissipate as she exhaled roughly. Although the state of the transformation or whatever it was felt undoubtedly majestic - close to perfection even, it had taken more out of her than she had approved of. Indeed, she would need far more training to maintain that form.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:22 pm

“MOVE OUT, EVERYONE!” Yelled Kale at the height of his lungs. He only needed to see the merest flare of energy to know that King Cold was going to do something drastic. And to no avail, he was about to detonate the whole area. Suddenly, the whole unit sprung into action, auras raged around the soldiers and they bound backwards as the growing energy field decimates the planet’s crust. Suddenly, a storm formed out of nowhere, and the group found themselves dodging electrical onslaughts as the landscape was torn into pieces.

Kale, ever the unit leader, kept one eye on his positioning and the other on his group. Keyla was the only one beside him, and she was doing fine. After what felt like an eternity, finally the attack subsided and the planet fell relatively still.

Kale landed, his feet causing fissures in the ice below him. “Did everyone make it?” He clutched his scouter.

“Roger that.” Said Espara, from behind him.

Magma suddenly fell out of the sky, spiralling onto his tiny feet. “What exhilaration. You tall people really have brought the party with you.” He finally levitated until he was eye height with the rest of the group. “Your General, the one with the majestic horns, she’s still alive.” He nodded in the forward direction.

“Magma, you might be a pain in the ass, but that little sensory ability you have does the charm.” Kale saluted the Icejin.

“It’s a basic skill really, I’m surprised your race is so impaired...” Magma pouted at the thought.

“...But really, don’t quit your day job, you have the bedside manner of an Oozaru. Just without all the hair... Or should I say, tiny horns?” Kale mocked. “Team, let’s go.”

Seconds later, the entire party rejoined their General. But this time, on the floor in a pool of his own pulp, was King Cold. And, just a little distance from the epicentre of the explosion was what could only be described as the bits and pieces of a barely living Cooler, being cradled by his armoured squadron. Kale shook his head in disbelief. Slowly he descended to find that Celeria no longer radiated the impossible golden glow, and her hair and physique had returned to normal. He ignored Cooler for the meantime and focused on the General.

“General, you’re alright? Whatever that was, it was inconceivable, but incredible.” He nodded.

Keyla landed next to him. “A Super Saiyan, that’s what you are, aren’t you? The legend is true...” She let loose a wide grin.

Finally, Kale stroked the back of his head and closed his eyes. “You know... I never said there was no such thing as a Super Saiyan. You’re all misquoting me... I said...” Keyla punched him in the arm, and he clutched the wound in jest. “Ouch.”

Eventually, the Doctor returned to the issue at hand. His vision focused on the last remaining tyrant as he tried to slither away on the floor, with nothing more to him than a torso. He awaited Celeria’s instruction.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:43 pm

"Silence." - the Commander ordered humorlessly.

To the surprised looks of her men, she added:

"This victory was fought on the charred corpses of our race. The transformation you saw before you was no legend, no frightening tale but a milestone. A plateau we were all too weak to achieve.

In the end, our weakness was our downfall, not Frieza or any of his wretched family. They are nothing but greedy critters, scurrying in the dark. And they still defeated us."

She paused, taking a deep breath.

"We must never again allow such a thing to transpire. We must train, we must ascend with EVERY waking moment. Or be cattle up for the slaughter, like our fallen brothers and sisters." - she stared each and every one of them down, noticing a small icejin among the throng, but disregarding the particularity for now.

However, considering the troops were due a raise in morale given the dire situation they had navigated through with mere luck, Celeria felt like commendations were also in order.

"Each of you has performed outstandingly well in enduring what has been put upon us. And the success of this mission is a result of all our combined efforts. Now it is time to revise our plans for the future. Your King would be proud." - she gave a half-smile.

"Now, you shall all head for the main complex where I shall rejoin you. We will discuss further developments there. Good work, all of you." - she returned their respectful nods with a curt nod of her own as they all blasted off one by one.

"Not you, doctor. I request a moment of your time." - she turned to Kale, who stopped in his tracks.

She caught sight of the Cooler squad dragging away what remained of the former lord. She regarded them for a few moments before it became clear that she would let them go. His allegiances aside, Cooler had spared their lives and she would respond in kind. Slowly, they took off into the air but very soon, they were out of sight.

The doctor was about to ask a question, no doubt to give input on her decision, but the memory of the flashback that pushed her over the edge filled her mind. Her eyes widened slightly and her lips parted as she took a few heavy steps toward him, raising her hands to his face and gently pressing them against his cheeks. She leaned in ever so slowly, covering his lips with hers. She remained thus for the next few moments. He was so warm, inside and out, truly unlike any saiyan she had ever met. She savored each passing second, as if to imprint his soft breath on her skin for times to come. Her mind had fled to him in her time of desperation and his significance to her became set in stone.

Gently, she pulled back, but only to lean in again and press her forehead against his lightly.

"I thought I lost you..." - she whispered.

Taking a deep breath, she drew her head back to look into his eyes.

"I may be the shield of our people, but you are their soul. You mean more to me than you can ever imagine. But I cannot be what you seek. I can, however, protect you and children born unto you until the end of my days. This I promise you... Kale."

She placed an affectionate kiss on his forehead and leaned away, slowly drawing her palms from his face. She took a long breath and exhaled, her lips drawing into a complacent smile before she regained her usual composure and nodded at him, an aura igniting around her as she blasted off the ground, splintering the soil in her path. Celeria felt as if a warm, familiar feeling was creeping through the recesses of her mind. But she had to turn back. Clenching her fists tightly enough to draw blood, she pressed on. She could not waver. Not now. Not ever.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:43 am

“Silence.” The reinstated Saiyan Commander ordered, instantly subduing her flock.

Kale’s cheeky grin fell away as he heard Celeria lecture the remaining Saiyans on why the discovery of this new power at such a late stage of the game was a symptom of sheer laziness. He wasn’t sure he entirely agreed, after all, they’d all trained ruthlessly for months and months. And prior to Planet Vegeta’s destruction, their entire planet had honed its skills from assignment after assignment under Freeza. He supposed to a person like the Commander however, who was motivated through strength and leadership, the revelation that the power to annihilate their captors was there all along was to some extent bittersweet. His nodded along as she spoke, perhaps not on the exact same lines, but sympathetic to her situation nonetheless. It was funny, really, someone as powerful as the Commander could not see what an anomaly she had become. In the history of their entire race, only a handful of legends had existed about the mythical being known as the Super Saiyan, and yet here that being was again, stood right in front of them. If that wasn’t worth celebrating, at least in some small part, then Kale pondered whether Celeria would ever truly be content with anything.

Military types... he thought. There was just no pleasing them at all. But he supposed he had to be grateful, because if it weren’t for Celeria’s undying need to drive the race to greater and greater heights, they would have all perished today.

Eventually, Celeria disbanded the group, and ordered Kale to stay behind with her. As Keyla left, he winked gleefully. She simply traded him a half smile in return, and blasted off with Magma, who appeared entirely lost by the Commander’s response to the victory. After a moment, Celeria drew Kale off to one side and spoke earnestly.  

Before a single word could be uttered however, the Commander slowly approached the Doctor. His initial reaction was to withdraw, and his muscles instantly tensed. Was she going to scald him for being a proponent of the ‘weakness’ she spoke of? No, she didn’t appear aggressive, and her body posture oozed sincerity. Eventually she reached out and laid both of her hands on his bare skin, her cold touch quickly reaching equilibrium with his flesh. Then, she slowly leaned in, and softly kissed him. He was taken by the moment, utterly. He’d thought what had transpired in the remains of the colony that night had been only a fluke, a one time thing. But, here she was, literally bearing the extent of her affection to Kale. He never flinched once; instead he reciprocated, allowing himself to bask in the thought that he hadn’t lost Celeria to those monsters after all.  

After a while, she placed her forehead against his and whispered to him “I thought I lost you...”

And I thought I’d lost you a long time ago... He said in the recesses of his own mind. But here you are, against astronomical odds. He grinned to himself.

"I may be the shield of our people, but you are their soul. You mean more to me than you can ever imagine. But I cannot be what you seek. I can, however, protect you and children born unto you until the end of my days. This I promise you... Kale."

The Doctor, pursed his lips together as Celeria withdrew. He had known all of this for a while now. What they had shared in the past, however captivating to him was merely fleeting. He had been there for Celeria when she had needed him most, and in return she had done the same for him. Months ago he would have possibly raged at this sentiment, but now he knew it was the right move. There was no future for them in this capacity, the Commander was too engaged with the future of their race. That preoccupation, no matter how stifling to her personal life, was more important than anything else, even him. This the Doctor would never change about Celeria.

He never did have the chance to respond to her, as she instantly left at the conclusion of her small speech. But words in this situation were futile. They were both finally on the same page, and it was time to proceed forward for the remainder of their race. Following Celeria, Kale blasted off to meet the other Saiyans. There was still much that had to be discussed...

Last edited by Gelth on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:21 pm

The flight seemed to last an eternity as the commander blasted farther away from a complacent future with each passing second. Each moment took away a chunk of her peace, a good deal of her morale and completely rid her of the remainders of her inner world, whatever other species considered a heart. She had lost everything to lead this mission and she surmised she was likely to lose everything she might chance to gain in order to see it through. She tasted the bitterness of sacrifice once again and a spark of anger ignited inside her, though she extinguished it promptly. She knew this was the reason she was chosen to lead these warriors, because only she would be able to make a sacrifice this grave.

Within a few minutes, Celeria was briefing the remainder of her saiyan force on the newest plan that would ensure the preservation of the race. With the main PTO facility in their grasp, they had access to star maps that would outline their dispersal. Although Celeria had transformed, there were important threats to consider. Frieza, Brokka, the creature she encountered on Umirion, they were all threats to the already endangered contingency of saiyans. So, the Commander devised a plan for them to temporarily disperse to the surrounding systems. The facility offered enough vessels and resources to sustain them until she would call upon them again. She informed them of a planet called Earth, which might hold the key to restoring the saiyan people to their former glory and how they would all be called to serve should this plan come to fruition. And in case it would not, they were instructed to live their lives the way they saw fit.

As she spoke, she was herself again. The stoic, relentless leader, with ever a plan for only her race's well-being in mind. The faces that looked at her were faces of hope, of faith, even of reverence. But she didn't see them. All that she saw was darkness and endless struggle that would eventually bring about her death. And the only moments that pushed back the darkness were moments she could never again afford to have. The moments she left in a barren, frozen wasteland on an alien world.

Each group was lead by one of the most promising officers and consisted of about a dozen warriors. While they would travel to their designated worlds where they would await further instructions, Celeria would take a minimal entourage, consisting of medical officers Kale and Keyla and the odd-looking icejin she later learned was named Magma. Although she was apprehensive about accepting such an addition into her team, the creature proved benign, yet useful enough.

Soon enough, the saiyans executed their mission and took off on their long journey, saying their goodbyes, perhaps for the last time.

Celeria's team traveled in a medium-sized PTO saucer, equipped with all the necessities they would require on their long trip. Comfortable chambers, although the Commander did not care much for those, a well-equipped medical bay and an expansive training chamber. On one of the many typical long nights during the trip, the doctor and nurse Keyla were analyzing the intel collected during their time on the colony, as well as the newly acquired information from the PTO HQ, trading shy and affectionate glances while coordinating their efforts. Meanwhile, the Commander lay collapsed in the center of the training chamber in a pool of her own sweat.

"Why do you fight, great horned one?" - the small icejin jumped off its perch by the main console and passed a fresh towel to the commander, who slowly rose into a seated position and back on her feet, picking it up somewhat mechanically.

"Because it is what I was born and bred for. It is my only purpose and my only choice." - she muttered, more to herself as she wiped her weary face, moist with more than just sweat.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: From Out of the Cold   Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:48 pm

((Thread completed and locked.

PL: 4,500 per post.

Celeria: 9 x 4,500 = 40,500

Kale: 9 x 4,500 = 40,500))
Back to top Go down