Dragonball: Shintai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonball: Shintai

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mission.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord Cooler
True Villain
True Villain
Lord Cooler

The Mission. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 1:48 pm

The prince was sitting in his chambers, illuminated only by the blue light of a single screen. His energy had burned all around him, eyes glowing with energy, the marble arm rests on his seat shattered. It wasn't bad enough that his father was about to rid him of his prized team, but the whole matter turned itself inside out and he found himself on the brink of war. A war he would have no major role in, as he was fully aware. His arms began trembling with rage as his muscles tensed and veins throbbed.

His father and brother had always been a threat to his existence and now he was harboring even more dangerous threats on his own ship. He had known the General was strong, outstandingly so, but the heights of what he picked up from the battle were unheard of. His instinct also strongly indicated a strong possibility that he had seen only the tip of the ice-berg. Her medic turned henchman wasn't far behind her, either. He felt like laughing at the ridiculousness of his conclusion... that he would gamble all of his possessions along with his life on the honor of a monkey.

There was little chance of him finishing off the two saiyans. Plus, as much of a threat as they were, they were still an invaluable instrument to finally tipping the scales after many centuries of agonizing subordination. Indeed, this was the end.

Lord Cooler issued a command and King Cold's transmission was scrambled and cut off.

"General, return to the ship. I have dispatched a medical saucer to the surface. There will be a briefing upon your return."

He shut off the comm link and leaned back into his ruined chair, letting out a heavy sigh.
Back to top Go down
Kale
The Doctor
Kale

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Kale watched with bated breath. Either this was perfect, or it was a slight catastrophe. The ideal situation had presented itself. Cooler and King Cold were now at war, the great majority of the PTO forces would therefore be split down the middle, and before long the armies of both sides would rip each other apart. This was the greatest opportunity the Saiyans had had for freedom since Freeza had first knocked at their door all those years ago. Of course, there were drawbacks, and the biggest suddenly came to mind.

Cooler's front line of defence was the Saiyan race. Kale and Celeria had just proved their worth the moment they destroyed King Cold's strongest force without breaking a sweat. They would be at the front of every conflict now, and the odds were, many of them would begin to die. He shook his head to remove the thought but the brevity of the situation remained. There was little time, but if they survived this then they might live to see the end of Cooler, King Cold and perhaps even Freeza.

...But... if Cooler became paranoid of their abilities as his brother and father had done, then he too could kill them before the war was out. Could they truly become strong enough to take down the PTO overlords? The doctor had never believed it, and he had never been given evidence that suggested otherwise. But so many races had feared them, and furthermore, the strongest creatures in the galaxy were willing to wage all out destruction just to put an end to the Saiyan race. There was no such thing as a Super Saiyan! Even thinking that was just ridiculous. The doctor internally scolded himself for even letting his mind run off with the belief. But... After what they'd achieved today, they didn't have to become Super Saiyan to fight back and possibly win, it seemed.

"...I know you've got a plan." He said, looking the onyx eyed warrior in the face. "You wouldn't go this far unless you had a plan, and it's good that you do, because I have one too." The doctor crossed his arms, then suddenly remembered Keyla and his other comrades! He needed to deliver first aid before the medical convoy arrived.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander
Celeria

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Celeria reached out her palm and placed it on Kale's shoulder.

"All of our men are fine, perhaps a little bruised. And as big of a priority tending to the injured may be, I require a moment of your attention before I let you do your job."

She took her hand off of him and gestured him to approach as she walked a few steps further, removing her scouter while she was at it. She then turned to face him. It had indeed been so long since she had seen his face, yet not a day had passed without the sight on the colony. To say she felt relieved would be a grave understatement, yet there were more important matters at hand.

"The only plan I have is to survive. For our race to live on. That is the only plan I've had ever since I stepped out of the cryo-chamber. I've lost everything in order to protect these men and women, doctor. And I will see it through."

Her gaze suddenly fell to the ground and she let out a deep sigh.

"Or so I intended. But in light of recent events, I do not consider my survival guaranteed."

She then walked forward and looked deep into the doctor's eyes, as if trying to convey the gravity of her words through her gaze. Her hands rested upon his shoulders with a firm but encouraging grasp.

"I cannot save our race alone. This is why, Kale, I name you commander of all our surviving forces. You... you are the only person that has gained my complete trust. Should anything happen to me, you are to make sure the saiyan race has a future. You must promise me this."
Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Kale
The Doctor
Kale

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:44 pm

First the General spoke, and then she said a very specific combination of words that sounded like they were supposed to string together to form a sentence, but in fact baffled Kale. The doctor's posture turned to jelly at what she was saying, his face went from strong and assured to wobbly and agape. He had to remind himself to breathe as Celeria's words repeated in his ears.

He was the only person to have ever gained Celeria's complete trust?

His pupils became like oceans of black at the sentiment. Since she'd woke him up those months ago, he'd thought himself as nothing more than a pain in the General's side. They'd seldom agreed on anything! He was chief of medical staff, and had never even been militarised. How could she trust a doctor over a lieutenant or a private? Had he underestimated his reach all of this time? When he thought he had been only the merest of thoughts on Celeria's mind, he'd obviously been a lot, lot more. Even when they had shared a night together, he had felt that Celeria's feelings lay elsewhere. Yes they'd been through a lot, and he'd felt a lot, more than he'd like to admit, but this brought with it a realisation that was terrifying. The things he'd said, the things he'd done. He had thought she had nothinged him all of this time, and now he knew that wasn't the case. This now meant that he had a lot of making up to do for all the times he had disregarded her orders.

"I-I er..." The doctor raised his gawky fingers to scratch at his chin, then he nervously laughed. "Well, that... That was unexpected to say the least." He nodded, then silence took hold of the two of them for a longest of short times. "S-So let me get this straight. Who do you want to make Commander?" He leaned in, trying to read her lips closely. It was one thing to be trusted, but another thing altogether to be placed in charge of the entire unit. Maybe he had a case of acute deafness developing and she had in fact promoted Espara?
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander
Celeria

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Celeria ran her palms up over his shoulders across his neck and to his cheeks and she leaned in closer. The look in her eyes only intensified, speaking volumes of the need to communicate the importance of everything that was on her mind since she was tasked with this mission and the need for help. The general had absolute faith in her own powers but she knew just as well that there may come a time when it would not be enough. If and when that time came, she needed to know he would be there.

"You must promise me. If I should perish, you must promise to take care of our people."
Back to top Go down
Kale
The Doctor
Kale

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 pm

She leaned in closer, instead of addressing his question the General focused on the real issue of importance here. Kale nodded, albeit it was a delayed nod, but he had a lot to let sink in here. He accepted, and he did so because he knew he could make good on that promise. He hadn't been much for regulation, and he wasn't the most serious of soldiers, but he had fought for these people of theirs just like Celeria had. He took himself back very briefly to the moment that he stood against Brokka when nobody else could. He remembered how much stronger the General had been than him, but more so than that he remembered how willing to fight he had been. He could do this, and if his valour truly meant the difference between life and death for his race, then he was happy to accept.

Take that dad... he thought with an internal grin. Nurses outfit, really? He quickly nodded, the swift bobs of his head becoming more and more powerful.

"I promise, I won't let you or them down. I came to the colony all those years ago because I knew against everything I'd ever been led to believe, I could make a difference for my people. Should something untoward happen to you... General..." Kale said that last part with discomfort, he couldn't imagine life with the Saiyans without Celeria now, "Then I'll be there, and they'll be safe." He nodded once more and repeated. "I promise."

After a moment of further silence the clouds broke and a saucer dropped out of orbit. That was the medical ship, and faster than he'd expected. He smiled, but before they left he needed to know one thing. "So let's start from the top, how do I even be a Commander?"
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander
Celeria

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Celeria smiled and drew back as the ship descended into view. She watched with intent eyes as it touched down onto the surface. Within moments, the medical crew was tending to the survivors, carrying them into the hold where healing tanks no doubt awaited.

"Just do what is right for your people." - she responded to him, her attention still focused on the transport of the survivors. With her gaze still locked upon them, she continued:

"Take care of Keyla and the others. We must intensify our watch over our own. I will have to go see to our current master and hopefully make sure we see another day. If anything goes wrong, I will inform you."

She then turned to face him once more and gave him a respectful nod, before rising into the air.

"Thank you." - she said with a smile before blasting off to the upper levels of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mission.   The Mission. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mission.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonball: Shintai :: Planet Delta NW-74-
Jump to: