» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

Outbound

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Outbound    Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 pm

“My power level is 7,010...”

“That’s 7,000 smaller than it should be…”

“For a grunt like me, I’m up there with the best of them father. They exonerate me by the day! My squad barely climbed out of Bissmark alive, but I made that victory my own. They would have been obliterated if it weren’t for my prowess…”

“…And it took you a week to dominate that small planet?”

“My team had been ambushed, they were fighting for survival by the day, the Intel we received was incorrect. General Nappa swore that-”

“You dedicated too much time to your ego, to protecting your squad.”

“Without their cooperation I would have died too…”

“Are you so sure? The blood of the elite runs through your bones, and every second that you spend stroking your ego by… performing… to the lower class is a second wasted. When that team became a liability you should have cut your ties and focused on the mission objective. One week to obtain such a small victory is not victory. You shame your family and your name when you pander to these urges to achieve heroism by risking everything to help the weak.”

“…They call you hero, father. They sing your praises in the bars, and they speak about  your historic assault on the Tuffle Capitol during the Civil War. Is it wrong to want to be a hero like my father… The great Colonel Brokka?”

The two warriors, armour clad and decadent, strode the winding halls of the outer palace. They spoke without whisper as if the attendants and the lower class platoon grunts were not present. The taller and older of the two walked the fastest, all the while his gaze never meeting anything other than the space directly in front of him. This was Colonel Brokka, and beside him -lagging significantly behind- was his son.

“The words of simple fools.” Brokka almost spat.

“How can you detest your own heroism? You’re a living legend, that’s why you sit on the War Council with King Vegeta himself… How many others are chosen directly by the King? Just General Nappa, and that’s because he’s sworn to protect the King’s heirs.” His son quickened the pace, nearly matching Brokka, but still lagging in momentum.

“The titles they give me have their merits, and their uses, Colly, but they create nothing more than a fitting smokescreen. The barrack troops see me as a hero because they do not know what is behind this mottled war mask. And it is that ignorance and that willingness to accept legends and fiction that makes them weak.” Brokka peered for a long moment at his son’s young and inexperienced face. He was yet to experience any real battle scars, his skin was still soft and his eyes did not erect barriers like the eyes of a weathered soldier, which made him easy to read.

“But you do admit that it has its merits…” Colly’s voice rose, he was confused and frustrated.

“Let them delude themselves. Let them inflate my image and exaggerate my achievements. I rise all the quicker for it…”

“And you deserve to rise, father. You, more than most have shaped our military society.” Colly stopped and piously bowed. His actions caused Brokka to similarly halt in his paces, the older man frowned.

“I don’t want humility, I demand loyalty. Rise.” The Colonel quickly turned and marched towards a narrowing hallway that had a great doorway in the distance.

“I mean no disrespect. I just want your approval…”

“My approval of what…?”

“That I am a warrior like you. Many of your children have already failed in that task, Sprew the most recent…” Colly’s voice hardened in its conviction as he spoke the name of his fallen sister.

Brokka’s pace slowed and he extended a hand to his son’s shoulder. “You will have my approval when you stop seeking it. Reach out and take reverence Colly, from everybody, from your father, your allies and most of all your enemies. Shed the desire to be a hero and a legend, and simply be a leader. I raised you to covet victory and kill without mercy. Do not disappoint me as the others did…”

“I won’t.” Said his son without hesitation.

“Good, my lectures have taught you something then.” The Colonel said as he approached the large majestic doorway. “Return to your barracks, when I need you, you will know.” Brokka finally opened the large doorway and entered.

Inside was the War Cabinet, a collection of the greatest warriors of the Planet Vegeta. At the table were many generals, colonels and great warriors. Every man and woman had gained a seat on the War Council through brute strength. It was an honour to sit at the same table as the King, an honour perhaps wasted on Brokka. The Colonel took his seat as always at the large rectangular table. He sat close to a corner, and adjacent to the throne in which the King would soon sit. He was of growing importance to King Vegeta and he was fully aware of it. It was an advantageous place to be of course, but it was also noisy and distracting. Brokka used his influence to propel his race higher and higher, but the recent interest in his people  from a galactic tyrant made association with King Vegeta dangerous. He walked the thin line cautiously, as any warrior would.  

After some time the General heard the approach of the King and his large and boastful entourage. Council was underway…
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm

"Commander Celeria."

She turned around to see none other than King Vegeta himself.

"Your majesty? I-"

"You heard me. Commander Celeria."

They stared each other down for a few moments. During the exchange, everything became clear. She had been promoted, and to the rank of commander, nonetheless. She was surprised, but her expression betrayed none of her apprehension.

"You are required to attend the War Council meeting. Immediately. Understood?"

"Yes, your majesty." Celeria nodded respectively and the King turned on his heel and proceeded down the corridor, his heels clicking on the smooth floor. She was expected to follow, that much she knew. Throwing a quick glance to the congratulating faces of her teammates, she quickly moved forward in order to keep up with the procession.

As she walked along in silence, she could not help but think something was off. She had outperformed herself on each consecutive mission, but she did not estimate her progress as deserving of this kind of advancement. Not only had she been made commander at least several years before her time, she had instantaneously been given a seat on the War Council. All this required an explanation, it unnerved her to consider the logic behind it all.

"If you disgrace me by failing to demonstrate your aptitude in this matter with sufficient confidence, I will be sorely disappointed." King Vegeta grunted under his breath.

"I will not disappoint you, your majesty." Celeria replied, in a cold yet convincing tone.

Out of nowhere, Celeria felt herself rammed against the wall. She felt pressure on her upper arms. The King had gripped her tightly and fixed her with his piercing gaze. Celeria was shaken, but visibly unmoved. Her expression remained calm and collected.

"You get the job done well. You get it done clean. And your crew always seems to manage to return in one piece. That team's life expectancy conveniently rose in the very moment you stepped into the picture." He grunted. "Now you better continue doing your good job or I swear you will regret it."

His gaze betrayed despair more than anything. So she didn't get the spot because she was special. She got it because the King was desperate, so he threw some influence upon the first rising star he came across. Fair enough. She would make sure it was the best decision he made in his life. She leaned in closer and her gaze became more intense as she uttered:

"I. will not. fail you." She soon remembered to add "your majesty".

He loosened his grip on her and the procession went on until reaching the council chamber.

Light fell upon her, a tall young woman with a muscular and voluptuous build. Her green hair went down to her hips. She was wearing a standard female spandex leotard, a standard issue armor and a single golden band around her upper arm.

"Brothers and sisters, I present to you our newest member. With many great battle successes under her belt at such a young age, I am proud to present to you - Commander Celeria. I have decided that she shall be a vital asset in our newest mission. She will be the one to accompany Colonel Brokka in carrying it out. Brokka, meet your new right hand." He gestured towards Celeria, as if he was showing her off.

It certainly felt like she was being showed off. The new gladiator superstar. So be it. She cracked a faint smile and leaned in, bowing curtly, but respectfully to the congregation. Her eyes then sought out this Brokka. She had heard of him before, or rather, of his military successes. The early stories left her in awe. But the fact that they kept repeating and became more grandiose with each interpretation made her question the mettle of this Colonel.  

And then their eyes met. And she instinctively felt threatened. Perhaps the stories were true. Either way, she would find out. And, either way, she wasn't afraid. Cautious, yes, but it would take a lot more than a solemn stare and a nasty face to make her hair stand on edge. She smiled somewhat sourly:

"It is an honor and a privilege, Colonel Brokka." She said as she took a seat by his side.  

Without further delay, King Vegeta began outlining the details of the mission.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:37 am

A woman, with straight emerald hair and a tall slender profile. Brokka’s gaze followed her as she moved across the chamber and spoke directly to him. All the while his senses were heightened, after all, if the King himself was now recruiting unknown soldiers to the War Council, then something vital was missing that he needed to know about. The Colonel’s eyes were relentless in their scrutinising of the soldier. Ostensibly she looked tough, but so did the back alley criminals of this planet, she needed more than that. Her gaze was also solid and unwavering, she was fearful, he could feel the fear of others in his bones… but she hid it almost perfectly. Brokka leaned forward and placed two heavy hands on top of each other onto the iron table, his metal wrist bands clanked and the noise resonated for a while. She spoke, she sounded how he’d expect her to sound… rudimentary, but brave.

"It is an honor and a privilege, Colonel Brokka.”

A Commander huh? A Commander had never been admitted to the Council, Brokka concealed a frown and instead sniggered beneath his breath. She was respectful enough, but he preferred to choose his own right hand. This one could however, serve a purpose in his left…

As the Commander took a seat next to the Colonel, he quickly scanned her facial expression, she was blank and well concealed. He quickly diverted his attention to Vegeta, who immediately began to speak.

“To business then, I won’t dally any longer. Freeza contacted me a couple of hours ago with a high profile assignment. He was very sincere in his belief that only we could confront this task. Nappa…” The King cued the General that sat directly next to him. Like an obedient hound, Nappa continued the mission brief.

“The objective is planet Daris, in the Daris system.” He grunted, “Wish I knew who came up with these stupid names…” he continued grumbling for a second. “This isn’t the usual wipe out and conquer mission, it’s something else. I’m not sure why we’re the best suited for this, but…”

King Vegeta briefly glared at Nappa, aptly bring him back on course.

“Anyway, our target is some galactic gangster named Marble and his gang, who’s been messing with Freeza’s planet trade for too long. He’s competition to the PTO and his base of operations is on Daris. Hell, I’d head this mission if they’d let me, but they insist that I’m best served elsewhere. So you’re up Brokka, and so are you… eh… New guy.” The General pointed in Celeria’s direction and slammed his hand back down on the table. “Take a small squad, we don’t need ‘em getting wind that we’re on their tail with an army. The system has three moons, you know the drill, transform and stomp on the little bastards.”

“What about the planet, General. Is it collateral?” Brokka said as he sat back and crossed his bulky arms.

“Freeza says if at all possible, extract the target and leave the planet in tact, the more planets added to his collection the better. But it’s not the primary mission objective, if it goes up in flames then be sure to piss on it before it disappears forever, I don’t care.” Nappa laughed, and King Vegeta grinned, showing his own amusement.

- - - - - - - - - -

After council had adjourned, Brokka lingered in the Council chambers with the Commander. He supposed he’d have to learn the basics about his second in command, with any luck she wasn’t completely incompetent. He strutted towards the door and motioned the Commander with a flick of his two fingers, bringing her alongside him. He marched, his cape billowing in the wind created by his speed. He spoke, but kept his eyes fixed directly in front of him.

“Age and assignment history?” He said not too warmly but without sounding completely rude.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:53 am

Although she still felt residual disturbance from the first sight of the colonel, what remained was wiped away as soon as Nappa began speaking. She attuned to the details they were given - already she had tactical scenarios forming in her head, visualizing them all and estimating the failure percentage. It did not take long for Nappa to finish - the General was as brief as ever. However, as the council members slowly retreated, Celeria was still engaged in deep thought. So much, in fact, that the thoughts of her new mission partner completely left her mind. That is, until the point when she realized everyone had already left and Colonel Brokka was at the door, gesturing her to follow him.

She shrugged and rose from her seat, reaching Brokka and following him in stride. She looked straight on as he did. But she needn't eyes to examine him. His attire was exaggerated much like the stories surrounding him. It worried her. She was expected to trust this one with her life and the lives of the rest of the crew without even being allowed to survey his profile. No, she didn't like this at all.

After a few steps, he broke the solemn silence.

"Age and assignment history?"

Her eyes were immediately upon him as she darted an eyebrow at the question. Instead of answering, Celeria simply moved her gaze back to the front, her face assuming her stern and expressionless grimace once again as she lifted her hand up to her scouter and clicked it a few times. Within seconds, Brokka' scouter beeped. And then it beeped again. And again. Celeria was a commander with an enviable amount of accolades and it took quite a while for all of them to register. She didn't care much about them. But he obviously did. So she'd let him have an enjoyable read.

"My file, colonel. Read it at your leisure."

Celeria had other things to think about. She knew well enough why she was assigned. Most of her accolades were awarded for performing missions with surgical precision, leaving the planets immaculate. But whether she would be able to repeat this success with an unknown crew was the question of the moment.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:10 am

Brokka immediately saw his scouter spring to life with names and dates of assignments that the Commander had been assigned to. There were many, which was endearing to see of course, but the role she played on the battlefield was not written in the words on the screen. The Colonel sifted through the lists and focused on the few important ones that he noticed. He’d only ever been indirectly involved with some of her assignment history. Most of all, he remembered one in particular.

The Commander had been brief with him, but Brokka thought nothing of it. She probably had the eloquence of a goose, or something similarly as succulent. But no doubt a predator would have trouble taking a bite out of this one. He grinned slightly, and raised a finger to deactivate his scouter once again. He kept walking at a competent speed, but this time turned towards Celeria. She was young, and inexperienced at all of this, regardless of what her service history said. Somehow he enjoyed that fact.

Of course, she misunderstood the point of this whole exercise, he responded.

“I oversaw the conquering of Auton, it was a clean and precise job. No Saiyan causalities at all. Your file says you lead the ground assault. Impressive. How did you coordinate the attack?” He knew these answers already, of course. After all he WAS a Colonel, and details were his business. He slowed his pace, and waited for a response.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:19 am

He simply refused to let her be. And Celeria was feeling more uncomfortable with each step. Brokka quickened his pace and so did she, albeit instinctively. This time around, he actually turned in her direction.

“I oversaw the conquering of Auton, it was a clean and precise job. No Saiyan causalities at all. Your file says you lead the ground assault. Impressive. How did you coordinate the attack?”

Celeria grunted under her breath. Next to her missions, if there was one thing she was as meticulous as possible about, it was writing reports. Detailed, clear-cut reports. Unless he skimmed through the entire thing, there was no way he could not know how she handled the situation. And if he was reckless to that degree that he actually skimmed through her report, she refused to dignify him with an answer. Instead, she chose to reply in a way that both illustrated her performance on planet Auton and her feelings regarding this situation.

"By not wasting time on trivialities."

"Sir." She quickly added, facing towards him as she pronounced it. She was no longer wary, she was aggravated. If there was one thing Celeria did not appreciate, it was being toyed with.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 am

Brokka stopped, his cape billowed briefly and finally came to rest at his back. He smiled, the corners of his lips curling in amusement. He could feel her agitation, her upper jaw worked circles against her bottom, and her gaze was unwavering. The Colonel peered down at the Commander’s fists and they were knotted into rocks. Brokka raised an eyebrow and huffed with the slightest inkling of laughter. What a cocky little bitch she was, and yet here he was laughing about it. Her emotions were easily manipulated, this was a certainty. She was quick to irritate and her body posture revealed her inclination towards violence. Her eyes however, they gave nothing away…

He’d play the game another time of course, when he felt like entertaining himself with the opinions of his subordinates. The Colonel’s smile receded, and in its place was the mottled war mask. He didn’t care much for the look she traded him but it sufficed to bolster his nerve even further.

“You’re a cocky little bastard aren’t you, Commander?” He said, lowering both brows until they siphoned in on Celeria’s face. “But actions speak volumes louder than that attitude of yours. So, I’ll ask again. How. Did. You. Coordinate. The attack?” The Colonel continued to stare into Celeria, there was something vivacious about her idiocy, he found it slightly unnerving to admit. “And this time, answer your superior adequately.” He smiled once again.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 am

“You’re a cocky little bastard aren’t you, Commander?”

That's it. She didn't care who she was, this son of an Arlian manwhore was about to get a fistful of pain. As her fist clenched for the delivering the blow, the image of King Vegeta appeared in her mind. He was shaken, desperate. Who knew what the reason was. But Celeria knew that he didn't need an insubordination report filed against his newest protégé. She would stay her hand, this time. Exhaling slowly, she began in a low tone, trying her best to make her reply as brief as possible:

"Thorough research resulting in reliable foresight. Fortified inter-crew communication and interaction. Simplified, direct orders." She muttered, her eyes tracing the floor until she suddenly raised her head, turned to Brokka and looked him dead in the eye.

"I didn't just coordinate the attack, I coordinated my crew's every move. I supervised the mission from beginning to end, while each of my crew utilized their unique skills to the best of their ability."

They would soon approach a cramped little cubicle that was considered a post-training lounge chamber, where a warrior would go to catch their breath or to lie still and await medical attention, should they require it. Since Celeria didn't frequent this area, she hoped this one would have an adjacent training chamber.

As soon as they reached the door, Celeria bowed slightly:

"Now if you will excuse me, Colonel - I have things to attend to. I will see you on the next mission briefing."

Without as much as waiting for a response, she turned sharply and entered the chamber, almost frantically scanning the chamber for the entrance to the training room. There wasn't one. Celeria's eyes widened with outrage.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Too easy… he thought. She had been trembling with frustration, how he’d wished to have forced her hand. He needed a good fight, it had been sometime since he’d met an opponent that could possibly match him for even a couple of rounds. Of course, Brokka wasn’t interested in committing subordination by defying King Vegeta’s orders. He’d been instructed to take this soldier and use her as his right hand, and he would do just that. Of course, it wasn’t going to be easy for her, his right hand had been in some nasty ditches.

He watched her leave, and intrigue filled his eyes. This Celeria, who was she exactly? Her case files revealed a history of success after success, she’d even been contracted by agents of the PTO itself for special assignment. Of course, she’d always worked hand in hand with a team, and like his son Colly, she allowed herself to be carried on the backs of others.

Brokka opened the Commander’s assignment files again. He’d already meticulously considered some of the details, now it was time to get a true grasp of who this fiery little bastard was. He took his time and left the palace, returning to his quarters. There he reviewed each battle, each conquest, each casualty and loss. The victories were the least important to him, they painted the same image of the Commander that fools had painted of him. Such a glowing record only spelled out ‘hero’, and when those alarms went off in Brokka’s mind, he knew he couldn’t be further from the truth.

Some time passed, and he’d seen enough. The files told him that she exceeded many expectations and had made several executive decisions that had led to most of her victories. But a weakness existed in all of these files. This hardened Commander had a soft spot for her various teams over the years. One assignment report detailed how Celeria single-handedly flattened a foreign city with a severely injured team mate over her shoulder. Heroic… Or from his perspective, weak.

The Colonel was displeased with what he saw. She’d obviously come from the rabble of the lower classes because of a somewhat above average ability. And now she no doubt sought to employ the same impertinent tactics on the current mission. He’d have to manipulate her puppet strings just right, or everything could come toppling down.

He crossed his arms and lowered his head, during the mission briefing he would be relentless about his expectations for the team. And on that note, he realised he still had to choose the other members. He began to scroll through his scouter for able bodies when the holo device sounded at his desk. He suddenly opened a channel and a familiar face came into view.

“Ah Colonel Brokka, it’s been too long…”

“Lord Zarbon…” Brokka said, tilting his head respectfully.

“I trust you’re aware of the coming assignment?”

“Of course.”

“How very informed of you.” Zarbon smiled.

“I make it my business to be informed, Lord Zarbon.” Brokka lifted his head and looked directly at Zarbon.

“Then perhaps you can explain to me why the mighty King Vegeta has made a last minute addition to this assignment, in the form of… a woman?” Zarbon chuckled.

Brokka’s eyes widened. The reach of the PTO really was vast, it both sickened and intrigued him. He began to talk, revealing just the necessary details, no more.

- - - - - - - - - -

The Colonel was the first to arrive at the briefing room. Soon, the team began to assemble, in total he had chosen 4 more, but Zarbon had insisted that Freeza wanted more. After his ’recommendation’, the Colonel had taken all night to pick 10. As they currently stood, 12 able bodied Saiyans were assigned to Daris, one of which was his own son Colly.

In no time at all, every soldier was on standby for his briefing....
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:57 pm

After the debacle with the missing training room and Celeria managing to shake off the nuisance regardless, she retreated to her quarters. After failing to go to sleep due to the recurring image of her fist rammed into Brokka's face, she jumped to her feet and went for a late-night training session. She gave it her best in a short time, considering the fact she would have to sleep at least a little while in order to ensure maximum concentration during the upcoming briefing. After she had done the last set of sit ups and rose to her feet, she saw a towel hurled at her face. She caught it and, seeing where it came from, she quickly wiped her face and made an effort to at least look presentable.

"Your majesty." She stood upright in a salute.

"At ease, Commander." He grunted. His eyes then surveyed the training chamber. "Though it seems 'at ease' isn't your way of things." His mouth drew into a slight grin as a chuckle escaped his lips. However, his face was once again stoically expressionless in seconds. He stepped into the chamber and closed the door behind him. He fixed Celeria with his gaze and began.

"I want everything. I want mission details, progress reports, everything. Not a trace of this mission will go unreported, understand?" - he growled at her.

"Understood, your majesty." - Celeria spoke in a low and respectful tone.

"Everything you need to know is on this datapad, study it thoroughly. And when you've done so, you are to devise a strategy alongside the Colonel. I don't care much what you'll come up with as long as it's effective. And it better be."

He handed her the data pad and immediately moved to exit the room. Before leaving, he directed another one of those judging and scrutinizing gazes that reiterated his statement that she'd do well not to fail. She expected as much from the King.

Wrapping everything up for the night, she went to her quarters, showered and spent the rest of the night studying the data she was presented with. She then slept a while before waking up, donning her armor and proceeding to the chamber where she was instructed to discuss tactics with the Colonel. She dreaded the thought of seeing that one again. But her personal discomforts would have to be disregarded if this mission was to be done properly.

After she had arrived to what was a dimly-lit chamber with two chairs around a round table. The hologram containing the intricate details of the mission, including probability graphs and on-location images was already up. Celeria sat into a chair, crossed her arms and waited.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:04 pm

The first to arrive -after Brokka of course- was the Commander. She entered the room with characteristic silence and faced the Colonel. He remained blank, his gaze fixing on his subordinate for only a moment, before he deprived her of his attention. Brokka flicked the switch at the side of his scouter and the briefing information appeared in its droves. All of the particulars of the mission were spelled out in front of him, and of course he’d already absorbed all of the relevant details. Plain and simply, this was a surgical attack. His team had to as quickly and precisely as possible land on Daris and eradicate any resistance to the PTO and its operations. And most importantly, they had to take out the mob gangster, an alien named Marble.

After a couple of moments, the entire team had entered the briefing room and crowded around Brokka in a semi-circle. This form of address was very Saiyan by nature, with the most dominant and powerful of the pack quite literally standing in the centre. The Colonel raised both of his muscular arms and neatly crossed them, then frowned.

“I hope you understand just how lucky each and everyone of you bastards are…” Then he revealed a slight smile before continuing. “The great Planet Trade Organisation has deemed our race the only people in the universe who are suitable for this operation. And furthermore… men…” He traded the few ladies of the room a sudden glance, before continuing, “I’ve handpicked each of you for this operation because you might just be the deadliest sons of bitches this world has spat out.” Brokka laughed deeply, it resonated from his throat thunderously. He looked to his right and saw his son, Colly, absorbed in the pride of his father’s speech, he was so easily captivated by grandiose words. As the Colonel looked to his left he spotted Celeria briefly before focusing on the rest of the men. Each sniggered and nodded along to his speech…

“This is Operation Outbound, and it’s no different to an ordinary mission. We turn up on the doorstep of our enemy and we take every living thing and its mother out. The spirit is the same, the precision is the same, and most importantly, the brutality is the same.” He paused, he could feel his team being drawn in, they felt inflated by the Colonel, and powerful… “But there’s something extraordinarily unordinary about Operation Outbound too. The planet Daris, our target world, is the home of a mortal enemy of Freeza himself. I’m sure you all know what that means.” His grin widened and it lingered on as he spoke, “we’re all going to return from Daris as titans amongst regular soldiers... Freeza's finest! As long as we kill the leader, Marble, at all costs.” Brokka reached for his scouter and deactivated the display. He looked his son in the eyes before he concluded. “The eradication of this pathetic lowlife gangster is the primary mission objective, that accounts for any resources or bases of operation that he has. You’re to put his death above even your own lives, is that understood!?” A chorus of nodding followed the Colonel’s words. He himself sharply nodded in response. “Good. That leaves the second mission objective. If at all possible we maintain the planet in a state of habitability, Freeza could probably do with another holiday home…”

Finally Brokka extended a flat palm in Celeria’s direction. “Men, acquaint yourselves with my number 1 officer, Commander Celeria. For the rest of the mission she’s your direct superior officer. Treat her with the same respect you would me, especially when I’m not standing next to you on the battlefield. Throughout the operation, I will delegate certain responsibilities to her, and you’re to accommodate this without question.” The Colonel returned his hand and crossed his arms once again, “Commander, take centre stage, let them all see that you’re not just a pretty face.” Brokka sniggered and made way for the Commander. He was enjoying having her around already, especially if what Zarbon had said was definitely true…
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:38 pm

Well this was a change. And Celeria didn't like it one bit. Of course, she didn't flinch nor did her expression change at the Colonel's lavish introduction. She simply traced the faces of everyone present and gave a curt nod. She had recognized most of the faces present. They were all good soldiers, outranking her by a certain deal. Celeria could tell some of them were puzzled, no doubt because so much responsibility was placed upon her. Regardless, she was here to get the job done, not to have an opinion of her own, or consider anyone else's, for that matter.

“Commander, take centre stage, let them all see that you’re not just a pretty face.”

She would deal with Brokka's sudden and inexplicable servility later. The young woman rose from her seat and proceeded to the front of the desk. With a few clicks upon her scouter, she returned the holograms, albeit slightly different ones. The images shown were the newest surface scans delivered to her by the King. Special areas were highlighted and diagrams were drawn out, indicating the tactical formations they would be expected to take. Probability graphs were added for consideration. She cleared her throat and began in a solemn and commanding tone:

"Although we were originally to consider it as routine, the newest intel suggests that this mission will be problematic. Marble's army is well-equipped in terms of weapons. Furthermore, all key structures have powerful energy shields enveloping them. We will have to go about this cleverly, seeing as how the PTO demands it be delivered intact."

She raised her hand and pointed to the first diagram:

"Upon arrival, we will make our approach here-"

"Just what do you know about what the PTO wants? Last thing I knew, you were still a rookie licking elite ass." - A tall, bulky mass of a man got up from the middle of the road.

Celeria squinted and disappeared, only to reappear directly behind the man in question. Within an instant, she applied an arm lock that made the man bend over. She then placed her boot over the side of his face, pressing his head into the table. He struggled with all his might, but it didn't take even a fraction of hers to stop him from moving. It seemed to her that as soon as he became aware of that fact, he went limp. Celeria then proceeded to answer in a chillingly calm and collected tone:

"And last thing I remember is that I was your superior." She pressed the sole of her foot deeper into his face. "And if you even think of interrupting me, I'll make sure you never speak again. Now, is that clear?" The man nodded grudgingly, but fearfully. Celeria released him and proceeded back to her position.

"If any of you have any issues with me or my command, you are free to discuss them with me outside the War Council walls."

From the looks on their faces, Celeria deduced she would have no more disturbances from this congregation.

"Now then... moving on."

Celeria proceeded to elaborate the details of her plan. As she was an up and coming tactical expert, her plan was innovative, practical and very likely to be effective. She managed to explain complex maneuvers in simple terms. Thus, it didn't take her long to outline the whole operation successfully.

Celeria sat back into her chair, her eyes still locked on the hologram. She would stay a while after everyone left, just to go over the plan one more time, in case she happened to miss anything or if better alternatives to the existing layouts sprang to mind.

• Character profiles:

Last edited by Celeria on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Newest Intel? Brokka thought silently. What sort of Intel would a simple Commander be privy to that he, a grand Colonel was not? The Colonel frowned secretively, his eyes expelled his emotion however and left nothing but a cold exterior. He didn’t like this, he didn’t like it at all. Whoever she was, she was the Saiyan embodiment of a buffer. This docile soldier was the bargaining chip of King Vegeta against… something, and Brokka simply didn’t know what that thing was. Of greater importance perhaps was the fact that King Vegeta had fallen so far as to recruit somebody who was so young and so lacking.

The Colonel became so immersed in this line of thought that he was void of response entirely when Celeria began roughing up his team. After a moment’s contemplation he fully returned to the room and to the image of one of the stronger soldiers keeled over in pain. He frowned again, this time visibly. Her battle ethic was entirely wrong, she failed to see that her squad was an instrument –be it a fickle one at that- and beating it too hard broke that weak yet vital instrument that was necessary to success.

As the Commander began to discuss the particulars of the plans, the Colonel focused his view on the 3D planetary display and pointed to an important yet neglected specific. Without waiting for the correct time to interject, Brokka simply butted in.

“Here.” He extended a finger and pointed to a marginally small yet recognisable installation marring the landscape. “There’s three of these installations. This is the easterly base, and I’m experienced enough to deduce that if I…” He strolled to the other side of the planetary display and smirked, now that he wasn't delivering a pep talk to the lower classes he could return to his meticulous nature. “Ah yes, and this is the westerly base just as I anticipated. Which means up top there in the polar regions is the northern main installation.” The Colonel looked at all the troops momentarily before focusing his gaze on the Commander. “Do you know what this setup means Commander?” He said dryly, immersed in his own superior initiative.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 pm

"A similar setup occurred during the war with the Tuffles. These are outdated structures. The best course of action would be a team that would systematically disable all three bases while the rest of us handle the influx of targets." Celeria spoke while gazing into the distance, occasionally focusing on the faces of the soldiers who were also present. Only when she had finished speaking did she turn towards the hologram, where Brokka was now standing. He had a knack for pointing out the obvious which irked her, to say the least.

"Normally, three different teams would be dispatched. And that would cause a breach in the lines, leaving us severely exposed."
She decided to add. Something told her that was the initial plan. Well, even if it was, they wouldn't be sticking to it, not while she had an ounce of command to herself. Her task was to execute the mission, procure the planet and return the team, all in mint condition. And she was not particularly keen on failing.

Celeria leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms, in uneasy expectation of further mental aggravation she would have to endure before this meeting had run its course.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:19 pm

“No.” He responded bluntly, all the while looking at the 3D projection. “You’re wrong, at least in part Commander.” The Colonel huffed in bemusement, and reminded himself that as always comrades were simply a mechanism, and often a lacking one at that. “This is called a triad setup. You were right that the Tuffles had similar installations in the war, but you’ve overlooked a very vital point.” The Colonel raised his index finger and waved it from left to right teasingly at Celeria. Her vacant expression made it all the more entertaining. “This is a modern setup, more intricate than what you read about in the history books Commander. Those two smaller installations, located to the east and the west, they’re generating a protective field over the main installation to the north. They’re completely unimportant but completely necessary to destroy before we can access the northern base.” He paused and circled around the 3D display slowly. “We can’t have you sending these men on some kind of pincer attack of the main installation, and it’s lunacy to divide the group by three and try to flatten opposition with inadequate guerrilla tactics.”

The Colonel crossed by Celeria again and lowered his tone. He was all for displays of public embarrassment, but for the sake of maintaining morale and a sense of CO unity, he spoke only high enough for the Commander to hear. “Keep your head in the game, no sloppiness on my watch.” He shifted his attention to the rest of the group and concluded on the brief.

“I’ll repeat. The smaller installations go first. They’re feeding directing into the northern base. That’s a powerful energy field and no doubt something more sinister. A frontal assault is below us. We’ll divide into two teams, the first team headed by myself and the second by Commander Celeria. The Easterly installation is mine, it’s the most armed, which requires a warrior of my skill to lead. Commander, that leaves you the westerly base. It goes without saying that we meet at a rendezvous point when both installations have gone dark. I’ll forward the coordinates of such a destination nearer the time.” After a second he made a final point. “And Oozaru transformations are off the table, this assignment requires too much precision for that kind of assault."

For the next few moments Brokka divided the group. Five soldiers to himself, and five to Celeria. He’d originally intended to keep Colly with him, but he’d eventually decided that it was in his son’s best interest to work with a less experienced leader. With a hustle, the groups formed in two halves of the briefing room.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Did he really think she would go for the main installation first? And wasn't "triad" just a fancy way to say "three"? Right now, she would love to plant a triad on him, two on either side of his face and one far lower South. Pompous prick. She wouldn't give him the pleasure.

Celeria rose from her seat, along with her team. She promptly ran her eyes over them. The Colonel's son was on her team. Well, that was great. Though, he did seem a great deal more malleable. Perhaps a decent soldier could be made of him. She would certainly try. Without much else to do, the two teams saluted each other and went to the shuttle that would transport them to the planet.

A little more than a transporter, the shuttle didn't afford luxury or much space in the way of personal quarters, which seemed more like capsules than actual rooms. Then again, Celeria never cared much about visual luxury, only the practical assets a room could provide her. As soon as the vessel took off, Celeria arranged a briefing for the following day via scouter com-link and retreated to her quarters. She then entered the small cubicle of a shower and doused herself with borderline-scalding water.

Celeria enjoyed the intense heat on her skin and the soft vapors which rose from it, filling not only the shower, but the entire room. She found focus, enveloped in that mist. She would stay in the shower a while longer, before retreating to her makeshift bed to go over the mission details once again.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:01 pm

“Come on you bastards, I bet I’ll drink you under the table before this ship even leaves the ground!” Said one of the more rowdy soldiers as the team moved in tandem towards the small vessel.

“That ship won’t even get us out of the solar system, it’s a heap of junk…” The Colonel heard another soldier behind him whisper to a comrade.

Brokka visibly scowled at the soldiers words, but didn’t budge or turn to display his satisfaction. He continued at his advanced pace, all the while several steps ahead of his team. This is how the Colonel liked it, he wasn’t much for fraternising with the lower classes, and he didn’t care for small talk. He had a job to do, and he was going to take it upon himself to get it done to the satisfaction of his superiors. As Brokka approached the small military grade vessel, he halted. He raised his right hand until the troops similarly came to a stop.

…But it is damn perplexing. Why not send us in a PTO saucer. They’re faster and better equipped. Was this King Vegeta’s decision, or somebody else’s? The Colonel thought, as he suddenly began to mull the possible scenarios over in his head.

After a moment, a landing port on the side of the ship hissed and opened into a circular entrance. Brokka snorted and looked back at the soldiers. They all remained still and respectful, waiting for his further instruction. He smirked, he certainly couldn’t deny the enjoyment of his authority at moments like this. Finally the Colonel leapt into the air and entered the ship, before long the rest of the unit followed.

- - - - - - - - - -

“This is a small ship father, I wonder if the King or General Nappa remembered that it was going to be harbouring a Colonel?” Colly inspected the flight deck with crossed arms and a puckered brow. He extended his finger and worked a layer of dust off one of the consoles. “Ridiculous.”

“Your focus on aesthetics is unnecessary. This ship is a mode of travel, nothing more. Be grateful that you weren’t hulled up in a space pod for the week’s journey ahead. True warriors have spent months of their lives in those pods, with very little room to even more. This is a luxury in comparison.” Said the Colonel as he removed his cape and folded it into a small container.

“Still, I can’t help wondering why Freeza would tell us that we’re the only warriors for this job, and then exonerates us with this…” Colly said, trailing off.

“That, my son, is the right chain of thought.” Brokka smiled and extended an open palm to his son’s shoulder. “But you’re not here to think, you’re here to kill. Don’t dishonour yourself in the coming days by failing. You will survive this stronger than before.” Brokka looked his son dead in the eyes, his tone was more commanding that it was supportive. After a long moment the Colonel left the flight deck and retired to his quarters.

While the ship was under equipped and resembled a cargo box more than a military grade vessel, the Colonel was happy to see that there was enough room in the hold to satisfy his training requirements, and ideally, his room was looking out onto his soon to be private training space. As Brokka entered his small quarters, he received a transmission from his scouter. It was an external channel, not of the Planet Vegeta. It could surely only be one person.

“Colonel Brokka, we need to stop meeting like this.” Zarbon chortled down the line, Brokka’s skin immediately simmered.

“Lord Zarbon…” Responded the Colonel.

“I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with Lord Freeza on the matter of your assignment to Daris just now.”

Brokka’s eyes widened, Freeza’s direct involvement was new, even for an assignment that Brokka himself was involved in. “Please continue, Lord Zarbon.” He felt uneasy, but avoided a tremor in his voice.

“Ah yes, Freeza is very cautious about Vegeta’s last minute alteration to plans that my Lord feels quite honestly have nothing to do with him.”

Brokka paced about his quarters but his thoughts travelled faster than his legs. Was he still talking about the amateur Commander? Why did she deserve so much attention? She was a simple grunt! And for Freeza to be so meticulously following this assignment… Perhaps matters were far worse than the Colonel had previously anticipated.

“With all due respect my Lord, she is a simple Saiyan warrior instilled in this mission to make up the numbers…” Brokka never believed a word he was speaking to Zarbon, but he didn’t need to convince himself.

“Yes, she would appear simple indeed. But what if I told you that Lord Freeza decreed that King Vegeta must inform him of all actions taken by the Saiyans regarding special assignments?” By ‘special assignments’ Zarbon was of course referring to the planetary domination assignments that Freeza delegated to the Saiyans frequently. Brokka frowned.

“I’m quite certain that King Vegeta is acting in Lord Freeza’s best interests. His micro-management of this assignment is simply so that Lord Freeza does not have to concern himself with the particulars.” Again, lies protruded from him effortlessly. Brokka was as stumped as Zarbon, but the way he saw it there were two factions: The Saiyans and the non-Saiyans. He knew perfectly well which side he belonged to, and as much as he felt trivialised by the presence of the Commander, she belonged to the same team.

“Well unfortunately for you, Lord Freeza doesn’t believe in the sincerity of the good King’s actions. You are commanded to speak with… Celeria.” Zarbon said her name with some effort, it was as if his tongue had difficulty pronouncing this native Saiyan name. “Find out how she found herself on the War Council, and do report back to me. I believe we’ve developed a relationship of trust you and I, I wouldn’t want to spoil that Colonel.” With that Zarbon giggled and broke the line. Brokka remained stood in the centre of his quarters, for the moments that followed he grimaced and clenched his fists. Against his better judgement he would have to speak to the Commander, Zarbon was simply too powerful and influential to be ignored, he had the ear of Freeza after all.

This is becoming ridiculous. I must know what King Vegeta is plotting. Zarbon may be paranoid and eccentric but he’s right, she has no business accompanying me on this assignment. And for the good of the mission I will have to… find out more. The Colonel remained in the centre of his quarters for a few moments longer, before leaving to find the Commander.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:18 pm

When she felt relaxed enough, Celeria exited the shower and went to her piece of mattress that was supposed to pass for a bed. She sat down and let herself fall back. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Her chest heaved. She still felt tense, but she tried to concentrate. That was the only thing that could calm her now.

Celeria was honest with herself. She felt uncomfortable about the whole thing ever since King Vegeta assigned her to this mission, as soon as he mentioned the War Council. Were things really that bad that they demanded secrecy out of a race so simple as the saiyans? Since when did saiyans have covert protocols? Since when-

Her scouter beeped. A transmission from the planet. She adjusted it and clicked it a few times to open the channel. Then, for an unknown reason, it occurred to her to scramble the incoming signal, as if someone else would actually be listening.

"Celeria." King Vegeta's voice. "Commander Celeria, are you there?"

"I'm here, your majesty."
She instantly sat up. "How may I serve you?"

"Listen to me, Celeria and listen well. They know you are on the mission. It is imperative that you keep the details of your assignment to yourself. Do you understand me, Commander? Utter one detail and I swear you will regret it."

His voice sounded differently. It was more raspy, breathy... one might even imagine he was... anxious. Perhaps even... scared? The King? She didn't think on it too much. Heck, not even she was aware of just how she made it onto this mission. So keeping quiet about unknown information seemed an easy enough task.

"You can count on me, your majesty." She said confidently.

"Report upon landing and halfway through the mission. Understood?" He retorted.

"Understood, sir."
Celeria added.

The line was cut abruptly. And it couldn't be at a more convenient time, as Celeria heard footsteps in front of the door. Not taking her eyes off the entrance, she took off her scouter and placed it on the table. She then laid back down. Why was she on alert? Why was it so hard to concentrate? Celeria closed her eyes tightly. Concentrate, damn it. Concentrate.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:09 pm

“Commander Celeria.” Brokka exclaimed after a moment of pure silence. In front of him was the Commander’s door, and behind that was no doubt the Commander, perhaps honoured that the Colonel had decided to give her a house call. Brokka grunted silently, he resented having to probe this issue, but he had little choice. He’d never been the type for deception or cunning, he was in fact against such cowardly techniques. Perhaps then, there would be another way of ascertaining the details of her recruitment to the War Council and this assignment?

Brokka opened his mouth to call Celeria’s name a second time, but before he could the door hissed open, and at the other side of it was the Commander casually lying in her… bed… if that’s what that mess could be called. The Colonel scowled, but suppressed the brunt of his expression. After a moment he said, “At ease Commander, this isn’t a drill.” He walked past the threshold and fully into the room. It was warm, he could feel the condensation of recently heated water, he inhaled. “But it’s not a social call either, so don’t get too comfortable.”

What could he possibly say? How could he extract Celeria’s being here out of her without giving rise to suspicion? And if he received an answer that wasn’t fully to the benefit of the PTO and Freeza, then how would he manage to deceive to Zarbon? He wasn’t entirely sure what situation he was in, but he didn’t like it. Warriors were bred to confront obstacles, not work a way around them. He chewed down on his bottom lip in frustration and finally gave in to the temptation of honesty.

“I haven’t got time for games Commander, and I’m not interested in half-cut responses. Tell me, how did you make it onto this assignment?” Brokka forced silence in an attempt to suffocate a response from the Commander...
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:44 pm

The moment Brokka entered her quarters, Celeria's eyes flew open, despite the fact she was in deep concentration. She wanted to jump out of her bed and speed-evade him, pretending she had to go somewhere. But then again, why should she? At this point, she felt she had enough. Enough with the questions, enough with this guy and enough of the mission. She was here to do her job and it was all that concerned her.

Celeria slowly lifted herself up into a seated position, running her hand through her silken hair as she motioned herself to face the Colonel. She rolled back her shoulders and cracked her neck to one side. This whole mission was stranger by the minute. It was made stranger still by the fact that this self-absorbed cur suddenly found it fit to visit her himself. She found it hard to believe his ego had dropped so dearly within a matter of hours. No, something else must've been the case. And she would find out what.

Slowly, but surely, she rose into an upwards position. Her bed sheet slipped off to reveal her muscular body wearing a basic two-piece leotard. In different circumstances, she would have considered donning her armor. But at this point, she simply didn't care. Instead, she approached the Colonel nonchalantly, deliberately invading his personal space until they were but inches apart. With her gracefully arched posture and even the steady rhythm of her breathing, she made sure to clarify she wouldn't be so easily cornered. Celeria was done giving this one free hits at her integrity. She began in a somewhat detached, yet challenging tone:

"I don't deal in games, Colonel. And the truth is I am as surprised with my being here as you are. One moment I was talking to my crew and the next, I was in the War Council chamber, discussing this bizarre mission. Now, Colonel..." She paused, taking the opportunity to draw even closer until she was sure he felt her cool breath on his skin.

"... can You tell me why this conversation wasn't done via comlink?"

• Character profiles:

Last edited by Celeria on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

“Then it’s as I expected…” Brokka whispered, leaning somewhat personally into the Commander’s ear. “You’re a component of a very clever plan.” He inhaled slowly, the concoction of warm sweat and condensed water flooded his nostrils, causing them to flare reactively. Slowly, he crept his head away from the Commander’s nape and looked her in the face. “You’re a very confident woman, to confront me without a shred of armour, but fortunately for you I…” He paused exhaling Celeria’s myriad of scents back at her. “…Respect your reproach.”

What a shame it would be, Brokka thought, to neglect the situation before him. The Commander may have lacked subtlety, but the Colonel always did prefer a frontal assault, and Celeria seemed appropriately fitted for the challenge. He grinned, the corners of his mouth extended ebbing at his cheeks until his gesture appeared genuine. It had been sometime since an assignment had proven to be so promising. “You do know of course that we’re in the epicentre of a storm?” He pulled away, slowly. She was drawing him in whether she intended to or not, but he wasn’t ready to bite, yet. He walked to the corner of her room and came only a metre from the wall. His smile remained, and he continued to speak. “King Vegeta has placed you here in direct opposition of Freeza’s orders. Long story short, Freeza’s pissed, and I’ve been set the unfortunate task of figuring out the details.” He turned to the Commander, he knew that news of Freeza’s direct involvement would grip her as it did him. If he had been a lesser man he would have professed fear, but instead he was filled with caution, and he could already feel that sensation resonating through Celeria.

Again he came within inches of the Commander, she was tall but not as tall as him, he lowered his head ever so lightly to match her gaze. Perhaps they had one thing in common after all, this impossible situation.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Celeria had expected a lot of things from the Colonel at this point. She had expected a reprimand, a condescending remark, even a full-frontal assault. But she did not expect him to speak the truth. Frieza. What force in the universe made Frieza cognizant of her existence? It seemed that the circumstances were particularly keen on testing her. A spark of rage ignited within her, sending a slight tremor through her body, as she clenched her fists instinctively. She pressed her back against the wall as her muscled tightened. She considered the tyrant, considered his power and then considered the boot of his Empire on her face.

Celeria's eyes were locked on a blank point on the ceiling until Brokka's stern, cold eyes blocked the view. And she thought she managed to intimidate him into withdrawal. Hah, actually, no, she didn't expect that to succeed. She wouldn't be feeling so alarmed around him if he was indeed so easy to brush away. As he loomed over her, she breathed slowly, her face an expressionless mask until a chuckle escaped her lips and soon turned into a sinister laugh. Her lips drew into a wide grin as she stared him dead in the eye.

"I was assigned to this mission because I get the job done. And as for Frieza, hah, well... I intend to piss him off even more by passing his little test..."

She leaned closer to him, her gaze intense and confident as her voice lowered into a growl.

"... with flying colors."

• Character profiles:

Last edited by Celeria on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:06 pm

The Colonel sniggered, and both of his hands extended until they slammed flat against the wall. The metal ricocheted and he felt the tremor reverberate through his and Celeria’s body. He pressed in more closely, and his breastplate brushed firmly against the Commander’s scant tunic. She wasn’t resisting, and nor did she look uncomfortable, on the contrary, she appeared to be holding the rod. Brokka scrutinized Celeria’s face fastidiously, and then his gaze travelled the length of her body. She was asking for it, no, she was demanding it. His jaw extended until his grinning lips slightly unfastened. He forced the cold air out of his throat and pushed in onto the Commander, and he watched as her skin stood on end. “Why don’t we take the test together?”

Brokka closed in unabated, his mouth searched for Celeria’s and urged for a taste. His lips pressed against her with force, any thoughts of restraint had left the room before he had even entered. The arms that formed the makeshift cage around the Commander closed into her agile physique, and they gripped relentlessly at her curves and muscular grooves. After a moment of exploring her intimately, the Colonel came up for air and lifted her around his waist. He could feel her strength, and he could feel her dominance clashing with his own. This was like a battle, but the satisfactions were different, for this he didn’t need armour, and he wasn’t anywhere near as merciful.

For a time they battled it out, passion for passion in the centre of the room. Finally Brokka’s breastplate fell from his muscles, and eventually so did everything else. And for a moment here and there throughout the encounter, Brokka felt something other than caution toward Celeria.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

As soon as Brokka clenched her into his embrace, Celeria felt an energy surge rush through her body. The warmth that his body radiated rushed into her bones, his strength was vast and raw. There was truth to those stories. Celeria felt her confusion and outrage transfuse into carnal desire as she gripped him tightly, running her fingers through his thick grey mane. It was as if they were wrestling in the arena, one constantly fought for dominance over the other. She was exhilarated; each move, each touch and breath created an unique addiction that demanded more - an addiction paralleling the smell of a rival's blood. And as a true Saiyan, Celeria gave in to the challenge with all her might and ferocity until it was as if they were one body, one beast.

Much later, when they jointly collapsed from exhaustion, Celeria saw Brokka staggering out of her quarters, from the corner of her eye. The room was hazy with perspiration and Celeria breathed deeply and soon fell asleep. As soon as she managed to wrap her head around the occurrence, it confused and borderline outraged her that she had partaken in that experience. They were perfectly dismissive of each other during their daily duties, and Celeria was even close to interpreting the previous night as nothing but a raging nightmare induced by the whole situation. Until it happened again, and again - and each night until the day of the mission. He would appear at the door of her chamber and they would lock on into a crushing embrace of unrestrained passion.

---

Celeria's long viridian hair waved madly in the raging winds of the planet and the roaring of the thrusters thundered in her ears. She was the second to exit the ship, right after the Colonel. The wind filled her nostrils with his scent and her chest instantly swelled with rage. She exhaled roughly and pushed the thoughts from her mind, becoming herself again. As the rest of the crew exited the ship, they all gathered around Brokka in case of any last-minute instructions.

• Character profiles:

Last edited by Celeria on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Brokka dismounted the ship enthusiastically. As the CO, he was always the first to stretch his legs after any journey, and the first to assess mission parameters. Daris was a frozen wasteland, both mountainous and gargantuan in scale compared to the many planet’s the Colonel had conquered in the past. Its terrain was inhospitable, and the horizon was obscured by natural but hostile mountains and forests of absolute mammoth scale. Brokka likened the dimensions of this world to a dwarf star, or something equally as colossal out in the void of space. Now he could see why Freeza had asked specifically for Saiyan help.

Eventually, the Commander disembarked the vessel, she was sombre -as per standard address- but focused. The Colonel permitted her only a glance and a moment’s thought, before activating his scouter to receive a full blueprint of the planet’s surface. Now that he was on the ground, the logistics were more accurate. The three stations that made up the triad formation were more heavily guarded than they’d appeared during the briefing, and they each appeared to have a substantial number of energy signatures surrounding the respective areas. The plan remained static however, and Brokka was certain that two teams could infiltrate the east and west installations and destroy them entirely before immobilising the north installation enough for a frontal assault. The Colonel deactivated his scouter’s display and waited for the team to naturally form a circle around him.

“I’m not here to sugar coat anything for any of you. There’ll be no pep talking or pampering from me. We’re ruthless bastards and we know what we need to do. This entire world’s inhabitants will learn the hard way why the Saiyan race is at the top of a very long food chain ending with them. And guess what men…” Brokka’s cold black eyes siphoned in on every single warrior standing somewhat tribally around him. “Today we’re not hungry, we’re ravenous. And we’re going to eat every bastard ALIVE!” In succession the warriors roared in sanctimony and began to smash their fists together as a primal symbol of battle. The Colonel smirked, it’d been a long time since he’d had to drench his knuckles free from the pulp of another’s blood, too long even. He needed this, he craved it.

Brokka again activated his scouter and transmitted the rendezvous coordinates to Celeria. The position was exactly three miles south of the north installation, and both teams would convene there after the west and south installations were compromised. As the group divided into two teams the Colonel traded Celeria a solid stare, he felt her a chime of her seduction but quickly suppressed all primitive desire. She was not to fail him, under any circumstance, he knew she had to understand this, regardless of their previous experiences together.

Finally, the Colonel led his team to the east, to the largest and most armed of the support installations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outbound    

Back to top Go down

Outbound
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragonball: Shintai :: The Universe [Roleplay area] :: The Past-
Jump to: