» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

The Darkest Star

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: The Darkest Star   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:51 am

Brokka's PL: 361,500

A month had passed by in solidarity. Brokka’s small saucer crept through the void of space in complete seclusion. They had travelled far, far enough to avoid Freeza’s current trajectory, and the possibility of being found by the remaining Saiyan colonists. The General’s plan was coming together perfectly, and soon he would remain as the soul heir to the Saiyan throne, and ultimately the universe.

The semblance of a grin formed on his face, as he sat in the command room at the cockpit. The consoles bleeped and a holographic display projected a nearby world. Brokka raised his gloved hand and zoomed in on the planetary display. It was a large world, and the surface seemed to be covered in a dark mist. The ship’s sensors revealed that the surface contained breathable oxygen, however contaminants were writhe. Life was undetectable, but the General preferred this. The smog clouds made the world difficult to scan with any technological device, and thus he and his small army would be shrouded from the reach of others.

Standing from behind the cockpit, Brokka punched in the landing sequence, and the saucer churned and clunked as it changed trajectory. The command centre illuminated in a flashing red light which bathed Brokka’s body in its entirety. He pressed his eyes shut and breathed deeply. Here he would awaken all of the sleeping soldiers, and each and everyone of them would swear absolute fealty to him. Within moments the ship rocked and exploded with glowing flames as it broke the planet’s dark atmosphere. The sound of violent wind echoed throughout the command centre, and Brokka smiled, as he allowed himself to enjoy something other than synthetic sound. Space was a vacuum, and thus everything had been silent for the longest time, the particulars of planetary life certainly had been missed by the General.

After a short while the ship came to a stop, and hissed as it landed on what felt like an uneasy surface. The ceiling of the vessel unlocked and slid open, revealing complete darkness above. Without delay, the General dived out of the small vessel and onto a swamp like ground. If he remained in one place for too long he was sure he would sink. The planet seemed hungry, as if it was eager to swallow him. His scouter sounded, as it assessed the surrounding area. Gas distribution was normal, there was significant oxygen in this area of the planet, with a concentration of carbon dioxide and helium nearby. No life forms were detected but he’d hold his breath. Scouters had been notorious for their deception in the past. A good General trusted their instinct only, and technology served only to compliment their natural skill.

The General raised a flat palm into the air. He couldn’t see any of his limbs, the absence of light was astounding. Suddenly, his palm erupted with a piercing white light that stained his retina. A small ki ball formed in his hand, which quickly grew in size until it was metres in diameter. Then Brokka flung it high into the air, where it hung indefinitely, shedding light on a significant portion of the planet. Now he could see everything. He could see the uneven rock formations, the dark and deformed flora and a swamp that continued far into the distance. This world was dire, and it was perfect. He remained silent but laughed internally, his empire would start here.

After a moment’s contemplation, the General returned to the ship and quickly retrieved the thirteen pods. Then he lined them perfectly, so that each and every soldier would awaken in perfect procession. The final pod belonged to Celeria, he had decided to awaken her last, when the Saiyan troops had already been converted to his cause. Brokka knew Celeria’s psychology, and he understood that should she see her own people submitting to a ruler, than she too would follow suit. He would gain the tiny Commander as a follower, and then the entire world would bend before him.

Brokka activated twelve pods. They all hissed in unison and the defrosting process was underway. He stood firmly before the pods with his hands tucked behind his back. When the soldiers awoke, they’d find the General, clad in majestic black and golden Saiyan armour, with a long purple flowing cape. He had found the attire in the colony saucer, and it indeed looked authoritative, but it was his temperament that would result in the true obedience of his people.

And with that, they all awoke…

((OOC: This thread is now open to all new gamers who wish to belong to Brokka's elite team! XD))
Back to top Go down
Chardok

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 am

PL 10,000

A FEW MONTHS AGO

"Good work, sargeant."

"Thank you, sir."

"I'm about to receive a promotion, sargeant."

"Congratulations, sir."

"That means I'll be joining the officers, sargeant."

"Good for you, sir."

"Yes, but bad for that tongue of yours, sargeant."

"What ever do you mean, sir?"

"What I mean , my good sargeant, is that Beaner won't be as forgiving as I was, regarding your... excursions. Try to keep your temper to yourself. Off the battlefield, that is."

"I'll try, sir. Can't guarantee anything, though, sir."

Rows of sleeping pods, in almost total darkness, look alike. Nothing moves in this place, a huge circular chamber deep inside the facility. This area hadn't been visited by anyone for two decades. Just a barely audible whirring of life support, as well as tiny flickers of light on a box littered with instruments beside each of the pods.

"You cannot hope to conquer a whole planet in just a day, Chardok!"

"Why not, just skip the boring talk, sir."

"Planets are more valuable if they include a workforce, Chardok!"

"Very well, sir."

The body suspended in the sleeping pod reveals nothing of the turbulent dreams that fill the sedated brain. Laboriously trudging through the grey matter, trapped inside a chilled brain slowed down by chemicals, rage and helplessness battle for dominance over a conciousness that had been "stuck in the stinking pod" for too long.

"So therefore I recommend that Chardok and his team be excluded from the next mission, on account of their total lack of discipline and recklesness, sir."

"Didn't you state in your report that his team took control of the planet after nineteen hours?"

"Yes, sir, but-"

"And did you not yourself estimate this time at over two days?"

"Yes, sir, but-"

"Enough! Lord Frieza demanded quick action in the following mission, and, as much as I share your opinion on sergeant Chardok, we can use his rashness."

"Yes, sir, but-"

"That is all."

"Yes, sir."

The gauge at the side of the control box lights up, as it had many times before. The cerebral activity indicator climbs to the very top, just below the "AWAKE" mark. Under the instrument pannel, hidden circuitry comes to life, sparking while the stores of sedatives, now running almost empty, pump more of their light green content into the sleeping body. The last coherent thought slips away, and the warning lights dim back to tiny flickers.

"I'll have you demoted, Chardok"

"Yes, sir."

"Kayle!"

"What?"

"Look! Chamber 23!"

"What about it?"

"It says 'sedative reserves minimal'! But there's no one awake there!"

"Probably a leak. Check it out, and watch out... It may be slippery, what with all the spilt sedative."

"This is the last time, Chardok!"

"Sir?"

"I was lenient before, Chardok, on account of your past accomplishments, but now, you crossed the line!"

"We took the bloody planet, sir!"

"Took the planet? You interrupted my negotiations!"

"That worm insulted me, sir!"

"And Chardok, being as smart as he is, considers shutting up in front of officers an insult?"

"You heard it, sir! It said we were stupid apes, not fit to address it's 'queen'!"

"You couldn't wait for him to shut you up, could you? Maybe he was right, Chardok!"

"Did you just call me stupid, sir? No one calls me stupid, Sir!"

"That's it! You're done! Report to your chambers, private! I'll have your hide, Chardok!"

The warning sign reads "EMPTY", illuminating the chamber in a blinking red light. The Saiyan technician enters through the hatch carrying a container. He puts the thing down and leans over the instrument table.

"No spillage... but how... nevermind."

He pours the greenish liquid into the opening, and starts shaking his head.

"If there's no spilling, it means you quaffed it all, big guy..."

A light starts blinking again. He looks up and gasps in amazement. Behind the fogged glass of the pod, two eyes stare at him. The sedative warning sign is replaced by the cerebral activity indicator, flashing "AWAKE"

"What you lookin' at? Open this thing before I tear it open!"

"Oh, no you don't, back to sleep with you"

As the machine continues pumping the liquid into his body, Chardok sinks back into his dreams.

"Can you imagine? One of the Rowdy bunch actually woke up!"

"That whole level is filled with them. I think it's those smaller sedative pipes. I propose we move his pod to the F section"

"But, that's the Elites' level?"

"So? There's room, now that Commander Celeria and the others are awake."

With the cerebral activity gauge still flashing, Chardok's pod was transferred to F level, where it joined 12 other pods in their decades-long slumber...

Last edited by Chardok on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:23 am

Cayenna's power-level: 10,000.

And then there was light. And a splitting headache.

"Goddammit." - Cayenna thought to herself as she began regaining consciousness. What the hell was going on? Her thoughts raced. Ah, right. The colony. She was awakening from cryo-stasis. Cayenna wondered how long had it been. She was eager to stretch her legs and get back on the roll. But what the heck was up with this headache. The pod crept open slowly, but Cayenna couldn't take the god-awful hissing noise. She kicked off the lid of the pod, cracking it open. She staggered to her feet, bent over and vomited. After regurgitating what looked like a non-descript dark ooze, she breathed more easily.

When she stood up straight again, she became fully aware of her surroundings. Black, molten rock. A putrid swamp in the distance, she could smell it. Where were the buildings? What the heck was going on? Instinctively, she began flexing her muscles, noticing she had actually gained a considerable amount of muscle mass. Now she even had less of an idea what was going on. Aside hers, there were twelve more pods. Twelve? Weren't there supposed to be two hundred? Ohhh, so there was some trouble. This was getting interesting. She turned around to notice an older saiyan wearing ridiculous armor. And she thought Celeria's cape looked stupid.

She continued stretching while keeping a keen eye on the old-timer. She grinned at him playfully. Physically, Cayenna looked more or less exactly like Celeria, albeit somewhat younger. She had the same dark eyes, the same milky complexion and the same body tone. It is her bearing that was dramatically different. Her posture was relaxed, her gestures fluid and seductive and her expressions whimsical and daring, faithfully portraying her nature.

"Hey there. I like your cape." - she said, smiling sourly and seating herself on an adjacent pod. She glanced inside and noticed a small, green-haired runt of a warrior. She had seen this one before, back on Planet Vegeta. So these were the saiyans from the colony. What the heck were they doing here, then?

Cayenna stood up and ran her hand through her voluminous hair, flinging it over her shoulder. She then approached the guy. It was high time to get some answers.

"Just who the hell are you, anyway? Where's Celeria?" - She cocked an eyebrow at him, crossing her arms, eager for an interesting explanation.
Back to top Go down
Kenjiro N

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Letaus' PL: 10,000

In one of the thirteen pods sat a young saiyan adult whom was in a rather odd state, a lucid dream, actually. Back on Vegeta Letaus looked to his parents, but he himself nearly vomited. His parents flesh was burned, chunks were missing from their flesh. His mother looked at him "You allowed us to die. You could have saved us!" she yelled out her voice echoing in the saiyans ears. He backed away "We needed whom was needed!" he yelled back. Outside of his dream his pod had begun unthawing, and his body moving in reaction to the dream.

Back in the dream the abuse continued "You could have convinced them! You had the ability to save us!" it was now his father screaming at him, at this point Letaus was against a wall his parents closing in on him. "Stay away! I'll blast you to pieces if you come any closer!" back in the real world he was thrashing as his body gained more room to move. In the dream his parents were to his face and Letaus was growing in fear "Get away from me! GET AWAY!" the scream echoed out as the planet again exploded, only with no escape for Letaus.

A quick yelp was let out of Letaus' mouth as his body shot forward. The saiyan was in a cold sweat, he looked and noticed his pod "Right...This thing...Great." Letaus, being in no mood considering the situation he had woken up to, was happy to repeatedly kick the pod door until it fell off. "This...Is not the planet I fell asleep to." Letaus said looking around. "Actually it's slightly worse looking then the one before."

It was then Letaus had noticed two people a woman he had seen from the ship before they were frozen and "General Brokka?" Letaus remembered hearing about him often and seeing him once. "You survived? More importantly where are we?"

Last edited by Kenjiro N on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:45 am

((OOC: Could I please just remind everybody to place their current PL at the top of their first posts. Thank you)

And so they had all awoke. One by one they asked questions, each of them approaching the General with a different level of hostility. One very distinct female with a familiar face gave a particularly dismissive response, but Brokka simply grinned. He cared nothing for their curiosity, or even their suspicion. He had saved all of them, and they would repay him tenfold.

"Hey there. I like your cape."

"Just who the hell are you, anyway? Where's Celeria?"

"General Brokka? You survived? More importantly where are we?"

They all continued on like this, question after question, but the General remained silent until the crowd simmered down. Then, he took his hands from behind his back and examined them casually. He admired the linen work of his gloves, and his thumb played with the trimmings. His eyes focused on his hands, they scanned the particulars of his fingers and the creases that the gloves formed in his palm. These hands were powerful, they had killed thousands before now, and soon, with the help of these other Saiyans, they would kill many more.

“Silence.” He spoke. His tone was almost monotonous and flat. He didn’t care for questions, unless of course he was the one asking them. But he would abide them all, for the time being. He did not intend to mince his words, and it was not in his nature to deceive his own people, so he’d simply start with the truth.

“I am, as most of you know, General Brokka. I was the second in command of the Saiyan military beneath General Nappa before our planet was completely destroyed over twenty years ago. We standing here, are the last of the Saiyan race, the only surviving warriors of a planet destroyed by our ex slaver, Lord Freeza.” Brokka stopped fixing his gloves and he looked each and every soldier dead in the eyes. He’d seen those faces before, they were faces of arrogance and self righteousness. Soon he would shape them anew, so that they could truly boast such righteousness.

“King Vegeta is dead, General Nappa is dead. Every Saiyan that could possibly lead you all is dead…  besides me. I am the highest ranking and most powerful Saiyan warrior alive. And therefore I call upon my mandate to lead the remainder of this race to victory against our foes.” He stepped forward into the drudge of the planet. His boots dirtied and sludged as he approached his team. His smile faded, but his eyes welled with confidence.

“I won’t lie brothers and sisters, there were defectors. When I awoke on King Vegeta’s chosen destination for you all, Commander Celeria and a contingency of loyal followers challenged my authority and my mandate to lead you. I brought them to their knees, all of them, and I’d do it again to secure victory for my race. Thankfully, the traitors are no longer an issue. I am in possession of Intel that suggests that Freeza has destroyed them all. We are all that remains, we are the last ditched attempt of the Saiyan race.”

After his words, he returned to silence. He had placed his cards on the table. He trusted that these soldiers would follow him to victory and glory. If anyone openly opposed him, they would die. He would kill them for the good of his own people.
Back to top Go down
Chardok

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:19 am

A crass, loud voice booms from the cryo pod. "The hell we are, sir!"

Chardok, still fighting the drowsiness, crawls from the pod, slipping and tumbling to the ground. At first, he didn't even see the General, but then he elbowed his way up front. He stepped into something soft and squishy, but gave it no notice.

"Move aside, you whining lot! I'll be the first to say this: the hell we are the last! There is no way the Saiyan race can go extinct! We're gonna get back at Freeza and claim the universe for ourselves!"

He regarded the others: a miserable lot, still yawning and blinking. He noticed familiar faces from General Nappa's army, but none of his own Rowdy bunch.

"I just know we'll be able to, sir. Of course, if I had my boys and girls from the Rowdy bunch, things would be different, but these will do."

"Private Chardok at your service, sir. Used to be sergeant Chardock, but Captain Beaner demoted me for conquering a planet quicker than he wanted  me to, sir."

Chardok turned to address the others, and only then did he realise the bleakness of their current whereabouts. The swamp, illuminated only by the glowing ball of light, stinked all the way to the stratosphere. He flexed his knotted shoulders and yawned. Then his ears caught a muffled screeching from the murky waters behing a knot of gnarled, rotting bushes.

"Time to get something to eat," he said. "And if I'm lucky, a sparring session with a monster as well." -he thought to himself.

Then a girl caught his eye. Cannaya, or something. "So, been here long? Come here often? Wanna start rebuilding the Saiyan race, eh?" he said, scraping a puddle of black ooze from his boot, using a piece of glass from a smashed pod door.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:42 am

Damn. So King Vegeta was right, the old geezer. For a moment, Cayenna thought on the subject. There were the last ones, eh? I guess that meant less competition. Still, the death of the entirety of her race wasn't really everyday news. But as the saying goes, you win some you lose some. And Cayenna was bent on winning. Also, what was this nonsense about Celeria submitting? Celeria would rather cut off her hair, eat her golden jewelry and mate with general Nappa before she would be made to submit.

"You don't know my sister very well, do you, general? I'd say it's a matter of time before she comes back and bites us all on the ass, no matter if she's alive or dead." - she spoke with a half-grin.

"But I agree with shrimp-boy, here." - she said, pointing at Chardok. "We'll do whatever it takes to exert our power over anything that moves. Or die trying? Nope, I'm pretty sure they'll die trying to oppose us." - she chortled.

"Time to get something to eat!" The short guy said before dropping a line to Cayenna.  

"So, been here long? Come here often? Wanna start rebuilding the Saiyan race, eh?"

"Sure thing, shrimp. But make sure you can reach me, first." - she laughed out loud, mockingly.

But man, she was hungry, too. But what was there to eat on this barren rock, Cayenna thought as she looked around. "Aw man, it looks like I'm having alien dinner. Man, I hate eating aliens. Most of them taste like shit." - she shrugged before noticing something.

She looked at the pods and figured that most of them were either open or in the process of opening - all except one. Out of curiousity, she approached the thirteenth pod. It looked like the mechanism was recently triggered. Cayenna's eyes widened when she realized that the pod belongs to Celeria. Although she had never seen a cryo-pod in its various stages, the screen was clear enough to afford Cayenna a look inside. Whoever was in there, she would be able to see their face. Somehow, the fact that Celeria was lying in there filled her with disbelief. But there was always the chance... Cayenna hated playing chance. She needed to find out.

Cayenna leaned over the pod, but where Celeria's head should have rested, she saw nothing. She checked the pod again and realized the sensors indicated it was occupied. But how could it be occupied when there was no one in it? It was then that she noticed a tuft of black hair inside. She couldn't see any further because the pod was still frozen. Just what the hell was going on here?

"Alright, shrimp-fest. Let's go find some food."

"Ahem" - Cayenna cleared her throat, trying to get the general's attention -"Private Cayenna and Private shrimpfry, erm, Chardok requesting permission to go off on a foraging mission." - she assumed her best military tone. Ah, she remembered the good old days. Hopefully they'll all be back to doing what they do best soon enough. But for now, Cayenna was eager to leave the stuck-up sassy capeman with his mystery pod.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:54 pm

"Move aside, you whining lot! I'll be the first to say this: the hell we are the last! There is no way the Saiyan race can go extinct! We're gonna get back at Freeza and claim the universe for ourselves! "I just know we'll be able to, sir. Of course, if I had my boys and girls from the Rowdy bunch, things would be different, but these will do. Private Chardok at your service, sir. Used to be sergeant Chardock, but Captain Beaner demoted me for conquering a planet quicker than he wanted me to, sir."

Outrage and objection were amongst the first words spoken in response to the General’s speech. Just as he had expected from a band of Saiyan warriors. Accepting the destruction of their own race was not Saiyan in the slightest, not a single warrior of their race could resign themselves to the thought that the Saiyans were a thing of the past. Now however, thanks to Brokka, they would flourish more so than ever before. The General listened only loosely to the words of the small, stocky Private. He was more preoccupied with his vigour than he was the content of his speech. Finally, the woman spoke.

“You don't know my sister very well, do you, general? I'd say it's a matter of time before she comes back and bites us all on the ass, no matter if she's alive or dead."

Sister!? This was the sister of the tiny Commander that he had bested in battle? Oh the Saiyan colony truly had been a diseased invention. Celeria and her sister had both received safe passage from King Vegeta, and the mighty General Brokka had been cast aside. Bile welled in the pit of Brokka’s stomach, and he tasted pure adrenaline on the tip of his tongue. This one would cause complications, it would be easier to end her now. His scouter blipped and scanned her energy output. She possessed a pitiful 10,000. He’d be able to rid her stain with a single movement…

The female soldier eventually lost concentration and approached the closed pod. The General’s fist clenched. He had not planned on ending the lives of anymore subordinates, but she could prove difficult when it came to awakening his prize fish. Startlingly enough however, the soldier withdrew from the pod casually, her face kept with it no surprise or anger, she was simply blank. Brokka grunted, something was off…

"Private Cayenna and Private shrimpfry, erm, Chardok requesting permission to go off on a foraging mission."

Obedience? From the sister of a condemned warrior? Half of the General’s face formed a grin, this one was perplexing. She simply couldn’t cast all thoughts of her sister to one side, and if she’d looked into that pod and caught sight of her, then she’d already be planning some form of coup. Brokka strutted through the swampy earth and approached the pod. He extended an arm to repel Privates’ Cayenna and Chardok from his personal space.

“Standby grunts.” He commanded as he looked down at the pod. Everything was iced over, he was unable to make out the face inside, but he had definitely placed Celeria in cryo-stasis, he was certain of it. After a period of contemplation, the General punched the defrost sequence, and before long the door hissed open .As the frosty air cleared he was met by an impossible sight however. This was not Celeria!

“You!” He extended a finger to Chardok who appeared to be on standby as ordered. “Wake her now. And don’t be gentle.” He recognised this one. She looked like a Saiyan child, she was the one who had ferried Celeria’s body away from the battle zone. How had she done this? He would question her before she died.

This could only mean one thing however, Commander Celeria was still on the colony world, and thus out of Brokka’s reach! Fury ignited like an inferno in his gut, but he remained placid and collected on the outside. A single fist clenched at the General’s side however, and if a skull had been in reaching distance he would have shattered it to pieces. This wasn’t a good time to get on his bad side…
Back to top Go down
Chardok

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:12 pm

"Right away, sir!"

Chardok stepped up to the pod and dug his fingers into the steel rim of the hatch. With a slight grunt, he pulled, feeling his long dormant muscles protest and ache. "Come on, body... Ugh, I need training, and bad" he thought as the hatch twisted in his hands. Finally the hinges snapped and he threw away the crumpled mass of glass and metal. It flew far, and landed with a slurping noise. The swampy water swallowed it in an instant. This made his stomach growl. "Damn it, I'm hungry!" He placed both his hands at the sides of the opening and yelled, leaning inside to see the small body better.

"Hey, not bad! You have a hottie for a sister, Cannaya! Wake up, you! The General wants to talk to you!"

He reached in, took a fistfull of hair and yanked the little form out of the pod. In a cloud of coolant-vapour, shards of ice and strands of hair, she fell to the ground with a crunching noise. He winced, not expecting a Saiyan to just fold over like that. He crouched next to the prostrate body and lifted her head. A smear of blood trickling from her forehead made his gut feel as empty as interstellar space.

"Whoops! Didn't think she was that puny! Looks like I broke her, sir!"

He stood up and regarded her with an unapproving frown. As he plucked the last strand of hair from his glove, Chardok let out a snort of disgust. He was painfully aware, even without his scouter (where is the darn thing?) of the huge difference between his power level and General Brokka's. Could it be the General intentionally brought less powerful Saiyans to this wretched place. Then he turned to the tiny form lying at his feet. His hair stood at the back of his neck and he felt a tingle in his tail. We're all that's left, and we're this weak! Weren't this supposed to be the best of the best?

He stepped back to Cayenna's side and whispered:

"Personally, I like you better. Hope you're not as soft as she is..."

This was strange. He didn't have to use his brain much on planet Vegeta, so the thoughts that raced through his mind unsettled him a little. Ordinarily it was mount a pod, go to a planet, lay waste to it, get back, train, eat, and so on. The most demanding mental exercise so far was building a vocabulary of insults. This was different. This required brains. And training. Then it hit him.

"Erm... Sir... That's not Commander Celeria... Sir."
Back to top Go down
Ikolo
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:04 pm

PL: 29,000

The look on Celeria's face as she'd watched Ikolo take her place. It had been worth it. All of it was worth it. Even if she lost her life here the commander would know where she was, where Brokka was. She could regroup and rescue them or she could gather the remainder of the colony and get as far away from his as possible or- Everything had gone blank after a while. She had smiled at the commander as she slipped into the cryopod gripping a stray scouter. Was it Celeria's or Grape's or someone else's entirely? She'd barely cared to notice if it had belonged to anyone but she'd need to keep working on it and figure it out so she could do anything.

A few scant memories slid through the darkness. Her mother smiled down at her and told her the little boy was going to be all right now- A man stood over her with a face she couldn't quite remember and slid a stuffed oozaru toy into her little hands. He said he'd always be with her. He'd lied. Her world shifted and her stomach lurched into her feet. Azami loomed over her and sneered. "You are a white one, weak one, they will abuse your goodness and like all things good they will use you up until nothing is left of you!" The ice was thawing slowly. Too slowly, and then the world shifted again and the blackness kept a tight hold on her while her head exploded in agony. The sudden jolt of an upward tug on her hair aggravated her previous abuse.

A distant sound assaulted her eardrums and vaguely she wondered who was making the sound. A moment later it registered that she was the source of the noise; a piercing shriek that came from her lungs as though she'd never exhaust her air. Small hands shot forward and whoever, whatever had had a hold of her would find all her strength slamming against them telekinetically. There were no thoughts left, no memories, only a single screaming instinct. "GET BACK!" She shrieked in terror and flung the offensive hand and its owner as far as possible before curling up and cradling her head. She groaned softly and doubled up to heave whatever contents she had in her stomach onto the ground. By the stars her head hurt.

She barely registered the fact there was anyone else around her "Wonder if it'd work on myself..." She coughed and pushed herself up woozily and landed on her backside right next to a boot, a very large boot. Vaguely she thought she should address the owner of this boot. She carefully tried to get up this time and managed to stay standing but unsteady. Her brain felt like it was trying to leak out of her ears. Despite the pain she looked up, and up, and up and finally stared up into the face of the very man who had caused her this unpleasantness of a headache. The man sure ate his vegetables didn't he?

She offered a trembling and lopsided salute that she was sure wasn't near her head but was instead somewhere inside her own skull, pressing into her grey matter. "Healer Ikolo reporting for duty?" She offered weakly. There was no help for it, he could kill her now or she'd get a chance later to start putting her clever little idea into action, as soon as she could think of a clever idea. What was clever? Oh, she still had something in a death grip. Oh right, a scouter. Where had she picked that up again? She didn't remember. She slipped it onto her ear and adjusted it clumsily, trying so very hard not to look at the face of the man who'd hurt her and so many others. Vengeance wasn't her idea of justice though, his wickedness would catch up to him.

In the birth cry of the cosmos, the twin eyes awake
Above us they shine, the world made safe for our sake
The forests they flourish, the towers grow high
The four lights shine down, chaos withers and dies
But imbalance grows, forests turn dark
This is our doom, the tower breaks the sky;
Here come the dragons to bring it down...
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 pm

"It's CaYEnna, you leering dipshit!!" - she shouted at Chardok.

"Besides - my sister is three things: tall, stacked and green. I have no idea who that is." - she said, pointing at the small saiyan woman that was now lying at Brokka's feet, curled up into a fetal position.

"Tch, pathetic." - she muttered to herself, before leaning in to Chardok.

"But she could be the general's squeeze, and you might get roughed up for treating her like that, private Shrimp-fry." - she whispered to him, covering her mouth before she burst out laughing.

The girl then sat up and mumbled something. Apparently, she said she was a healer.

"Hey Shrimp-fest, what's a healer? D'you have those among you low-levels?" - she arched an eyebrow.

Cayenna mused on the situation for a while. So, Celeria was supposed to be in this pod. Why? Didn't the old guy say she tried to oppose him? Why the heck would he bring her with him, then? This guy had a few loose bolts, Cayenna was sure of it. And she was just as sure he was about to kill this girl. Would he end up doing the same to them all? Without a doubt, it was just a matter of time... She would have to find a way to end this one if she was to come out alive.

She clicked her scouter a few times, pretending to scan the girl, while she also grabbed a chance to scan Brokka. Three-hundred thousand... sod it all. How the heck was she going to contend with that kind of power? And the girl - thirty thousand, more than she and Chardok had. Where had they become so powerful? Darn it all! Suddenly, Cayenna felt cornered. She didn't like this situation one bit. Cayenna was sure a chance to escape would present itself at some point. And as soon as it did, she would seize it.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 am

"Erm... Sir... That's not Commander Celeria... Sir."

Brokka’s glanced up at Chardok briefly, his eyes meticulously scanned the Private’s face. He was not entirely brainless…

“So it would seem.” The General said, lurching forward and coming within inches of Ikolo’s small withdrawn body in the dirt.

"Healer Ikolo reporting for duty?" The small Saiyan stood courteously as Brokka approached, she assumed a weak display of decorum. The General frowned, and his lips pressed against one another in sheer bemusement.

"Hey Shrimp-fest, what's a healer? D'you have those among you low-levels?" Cayenna certainly had a tendency to say exactly what she was thinking. Brokka’s frown contorted into a sinister grin, as he looked the imposing women over from head to toe. She was indeed of the Commander’s blood, but perhaps she wasn’t entirely lost to him.

Brokka turned his back and joined both of his hands near his recently re-grown tail. He strutted a couple of metres away from the group and stopped in the middle of the festering swamp. This had been unexpected indeed. He had planned on bringing Celeria with him for a myriad of reasons. She had possessed impressive strength (be it inferior to his own), and her obedience would have settled the soldiers into submission. But now, he’d have to do things the old fashioned way, he’d have to shape this band of grunts into an army of super elites. Brokka grunted, thinking on his next move very carefully indeed. This young Saiyan who had smuggled herself aboard the ship had done so to secure Celeria’s safety. She was unequivocally devoted to her old master, there was little doubt about it. And her only purpose here would surely be to report back any relevant intel. Perhaps however, he could convince the child otherwise? Maybe he could even yield a level of use from her?

Aggression and blood-shed would have to subside for the time being. Brokka led by the sword, but they were living in fragile times, and first he’d have to lead by trust. He turned around again, facing the growing group of Saiyan troops. His cold stare fixed on the young healer and he finally answered Cayenna’s query.

“A healer has the ability to replenish the health of the fallen. Isn’t that right, my dear?” He smiled disingenuously at the small Saiyan. “You have deceived me young one, and deceiving a General is often punishable by death, do you understand? But if you can demonstrate these healing abilities of yours then perhaps I will reconsider your use to this contingency.”

Brokka opened his left hand and instantly summoned a miniaturised Earth Cutting Row. It was roughly the size of a blade and glowed a heated white. Them he ran the blade over his flat open palm, instantly causing blood to run from an open gash. He pressed forward again and approached the small Saiyan. He outstretched his hand towards her, watching it ooze with his own blood.

“Heal me.” He ordered, silence reigned for the seconds that followed. “…Heal me now.” His eyes siphoned to pin drops as he glared down at the small healer. Her life rested on her next decision.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Tiny streams of blood went down her face, filling her nostrils with that nauseating metallic smell. Her heart pounded in her ears and her breath was raspy, she felt as if someone was holding her by the throat and progressively tightening the grip. Her vision was hazy and her limbs refused to obey. The General towered above her - there was no way she could reach him unless she stood up.

S-stand up... I've got to... stand up, dammit! She thought to herself, eyes wide open in despair, tear ducts overflowing.

Wearily and with much effort, she managed to get to her feet. Eerily slowly, she raised her trembling hands so that the General's arm was between them. It took every ounce of restraint she had not to run away right then and there. But he would kill her, he would tear her apart right here. She had seen him do it to the others at the colony... Vivid images of violent slaughter filled her mind with terror.

She closed her eyes, although she was still quietly gasping for air - she had to clear her head, otherwise she wouldn't be able to channel her power.

I have to do it, I have to do it, I have to do it...

Ikolo shut her eyes tightly and grunted under her breath. Suddenly, her palms began to glow a soft golden hue. The small light intensified only little before fading away as the General's wound sealed up in perfect unison with the dissipating light. Ikolo suddenly dropped back to the ground, trying to support herself by leaning onto her trembling palms. Instinctively, she began crawling backwards until her back hit the side of a cryopod. Between muffled gasps, she looked on. She had to get away, but she couldn't do it now. Ikolo only hoped that she would remain alive long enough for the right moment to present itself. The faces of the saiyans from the colony rushed through her mind. The Commander... Espara... she had no idea where she was and she was absolutely certain no one could save her now. She was at the General's mercy, at the mercy of the man who bathed in the blood of his fellow soldiers before her very eyes.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Completely remarkable! The General’s wound transformed from a deep officious gash to non-existent in an instant. The child had previously quivered with pure fear, to the point that Brokka had momentarily considered putting her down to simply end the enduring misery. Astonishingly however, her trick had succeeded, and he was able to attach the stray pieces of the puzzle together at last. The tiny Commander in all of her insignificance had not managed to regain consciousness on her own accord, of course not, she had simply been healed. Brokka’s revitalised hand instinctively clenched into a fist as the alien magic knitted his flesh back together. He grinned insincerely and his onyx eyes threatened to scorch the child into a state of petrification as he leaned over her and minimalized her freedom to move.

“And what manner of Saiyan are you?” He leered at the small bundle of distress and lightly sniggered. “You’re a Saiyan female chosen by King Vegeta, with no discernable battle prowess, other than the ability to heal wounds. I personally would have put you out of your misery before I made the decision to preserve you. How fortunate for you that I wasn’t calling the shots back then.” The General made apt use of his replenished hand and gripped the adolescent by the collar. “But perhaps that would have been a folly on my part. You will prove to be of some superficial use to me at least, I’m sure.” Brokka’s grin widened, and with his free hand he promptly backhanded Ikolo across the face. A spout of blood erupted from her cheek and instantly she fell unconscious. Brokka then turned towards the colony vessel and lashed the child into the access hatch. Metal clanked as it met with her flesh, it would have no doubt stung had she been conscious. She would be most use in an incapacitated state for now, until the General could determine what her best utility would be. If no use could be found for the child then he would simply kill her and leave her on this world of shadows. Nobody would mourn a runt of the litter after all.

Brokka finally looked back towards his twelve remaining Saiyan subordinates. Now the planning could finally begin. His gaze met the giant source of light that he had created above the unit, until finally he scrutinised the visible surroundings. As previously observed, the General’s scouter had detected no advanced life forms and only mundane planetary gases. The technology gave this world the all clear, but Brokka’s intuition as a warrior and strategist prevailed over a machine attached to his face. He would advance with caution, especially with a rookie squadron. He couldn’t afford to lose anybody now, not before he could strike against Freeza and the Planet Trade Organisation.

“Retrieve scouters and standard issue battle armour from the ship. Do so immediately, and then return to me. We will forage this world for supplies and nutrition.” No doubt the grunts were confused, what could they possibly retrieve from a blackened wasteland like this? “The gravitation pull of this world is significant, and I suspect that vessels have been dragged into its planetary bowels on various occasions, we’re going to need everything we can get for now.” The General crossed his arms as his new squadron promptly followed his orders.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:37 pm

Boom, motherfucker. Cayenna tried her best not to laugh as she saw that little wretch flying all the way across and smashing against the ship. A clumsy chuckle managed to escape her lips before she covered them. Right after, though, the General ordered that they all go to the ship to get some proper armor. It was about damn time. The scuffle with the weakling relaxed Cayenna somewhat and she moved about in her usual cocky gait. She slammed Chardok on the shoulder so hard that he almost tripped onto the ground. As he traded her a death glare from way down below, Cayenna just laughed.

"Come on, Shrimp. You heard the General." She strolled at a quick pace, eager to get her hands on some proper armor. But there was a gnawing feeling in the back of her head. She had the strangest impression she had seen the General before. Something about him made her somewhat lax around him, even though he seemed like a ki bomb about to explode and blow them all the fuck up into space.

As soon as they got inside, they headed for the armor compartment. Cayenna threw off the meager bits of cloth covering her most prominent features and immediately slipped on a dark blue jumpsuit. When she sat down to slip on her boots, it hit her. She had seen the General's face before. And in the most unexpected of places. Cayenna's mind was suddenly ablaze, she had to break the news to someone else she'd blow herself up. Besides, this stuff was too good not to share. Casually, she glanced around the chamber. The other warriors were busying themselves in various ways - some were checking the vessel for emergency provisions, others had apparently forgotten how to put on their armor. Chardok, however, was conveniently close, so he would have no choice but to lend an ear. Or she'd just tear it off.

"Hey, Shrimp, you're never gonna believe this." She said, lowering her voice somewhat. "As soon as I saw that guy, he seemed familiar. The General, right? Well, guess where I saw him before?" She said, grinning smugly.

"He crawled out of my sister's gut! I still can't believe it! And she thought she fooled me! As if I were that stupid. Ahhh, sis... I gotta hand it to you, you had me going for a while."

When she was done marveling at her own realization in spoken form, she noticed Chardok's blank face. He clearly didn't get anything.

"Bah, you're dumber than you look! Listen here -" she said, pulling him in closer "When my sister was made Commander, she went on this mission with the General who was a Colonel back then, right? Then bam - she's suddenly pregnant! A few months later and you have Borosel, that oaf from the second squadron showing up to sign for the genetics record. Back then, I thought, hey whatever... until the kid grew up. I tell you, that little urchin was the most spoiled brat I had ever seen. And he was a strong little bastard. I play-trained him a couple of times. Man, I tell you, some of the times I actually had to break a sweat! And he was just a kid! He was named Raditz." She chatted on, making sure her boots fit snugly.

"So yeah, years later, when little Raditz grew up, I noticed he looked nothing like the bulking Borosel. He had also risen in the military ranks faster than anyone else in the family. I think it's because Celeria never cut him any slack. She must have wanted to impress the General or something. Anyway, whatever she did, it sure as hell paid off, the boy became a member of Prince Vegeta's private squadron. And they had only like three members... the young Prince, his nanny Nappa and Celeria's little brat. I have no idea what happened later, though. I don't remember seeing him in the colony gathering. Celeria was probably bummed out, but heck, the big boss Vegeta was calling the shots and she wouldn't be the one to argue. The model soldier!" Cayenna said, standing perfectly upright in a mock-military stance.

"And yeah, if you tell this to anybody, I'll tear you a new one, 'k?" She laughed to herself as she hit Chardok on the shoulder again. She kind of liked this new band she happened to be in. But her amusement was interrupted by a violent growling in her stomach.

"Dammit, I hope we get to eat something soon." She mumbled as she put on her gloves.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:32 pm

As the squadron dispersed, Brokka continued to survey his surroundings. Everything he had said was the truth. This world possessed a stronger than average gravitational pull. Any ship, be it cruiser or capital ship, that came within a certain vicinity of the world and did not employ reasonable caution, had no doubt been dragged into the swamps of the planet. This was advantageous to Brokka of course, because this system was on the fringes of PTO space, and therefore crossed a popular trade route. All he needed to find was a single capital ship belonging to Freeza’s men that was preferably quite modern. Then he could access the PTO data banks and he’d know just how much of the universe he had missed during his cryo-sleep. Furthermore, the General needed supplies and food. He had a contingency of ravenous Saiyan warriors on his hands, and if they weren’t provided with sufficient sustenance, they would no doubt descend into savagery. He’d seen it before, and time and time again he had ended the existence of insubordinate warriors that had lost their minds. He would have to set up a base of operations quickly, before the same plague infested these sole remaining Saiyan warriors.

The General paced slowly and his fingers dug deep into the leather-like skin of his hands. He was itching for confrontation, it had been weeks since he had silenced the Commander and her subordinates, his appetite for destruction had not been sated in some time. A part of the General hoped that something malignant was waiting in the dark for him, he needed to test drive the strength that the fruits of the Tree of Might had provided him. This planet was of course completely unsuitable to plant the seed, the world was already dead. But from here, if he could locate a recently downed ship, he would know what planet was safe from Freeza’s view to begin the harvesting process. As Brokka’s meticulous planning persisted, he hardly noticed that the orb of energy that he had created to form a source of light was beginning to distort.

Hmm, it’s burning up already? This world is like a poison even to ki. As the General raised a hand to strengthen the orb of light, he heard a not-too-subtle whispering. His warrior senses automatically increased in their sensitivity to the content. It was Cayenna, the sister of Celeria, and she was saying the unthinkable.

“When my sister was made Commander, she went on this mission with the General who was a Colonel back then, right? Then bam - she's suddenly pregnant! … So yeah, years later, when little Raditz grew up, I noticed he looked nothing like the bulking Borosel. He had also risen in the military ranks faster than anyone else in the family!”

Raditz? A son that Celeria had conceived after the Outbound assignment thirty years ago? This was an impossible coincidence to be sure. The Commander couldn’t possibly have birthed anything other than the child of the General himself. Brokka’s two fists clenched even further against his flesh. He felt his skin pulling and threatening to tear as he mulled through the ramifications of what Cayenna was saying. She spoke of him as a great warrior that travelled the Saiyan ranks quickly. Only a boy of Brokka’s blood could be so bold, only his offspring could make such an impact on the race. Brokka’s mouth opened as he inhaled the stale swamp air. How had he missed the creation of an heir? Had he been so preoccupied in the final days of planet Vegeta that he had missed a mere child gaining a warrior’s prestige? Of course it made complete sense when he picked the situation apart. He had seen little of the bitch after the Outbound incident as the General had withdrawn to pursue his own personal goals. But the War Council meetings, how had he not noticed a gravid female in all of that time? Why had he not employed his own agents to monitor her for the slimy creature that she was?

No matter, the General smiled. There was now a slight amendment to the plans. After his squadron had acquired the Tree of Might, they would return to the Saiyan colony world. If anybody had survived, be it a woman or even a child beneath the Commander’s service, they would feel the wrath that the great General Brokka could only deliver. Any survivors would pay a great debt for the sin Celeria had committed of keeping Brokka's personal property from him.

Finally, Brokka raised a hand to stroke his scarred chin. Knowledge was power, and loud mouthed private Cayenna would prove useful to him yet. Eventually the troops returned in full fighting gear, and finally the squadron was ready to make a move.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Cayenna patted herself down to see if everything fit properly and then turned to Chardok, whacking him on the shoulder and motioning him to the door.

"C'mon, shrimp! Let's find us something to kill!"

"Back off!" Chardok grunted as he shook her hand off his shoulder, freeing himself of her grip. He then scurried forward, exiting the vessel promptly.

"Hah! You're not getting away that easy!" Cayenna tripped and grabbed him by the collar, only to let him fall on his arse a second later. She laughed loudly as she took the last few brunt steps down the exit platform.

A peculiar figure was the last to leave the platform. The warrior was young, surprisingly young in fact... To Cayenna, she looked no more than a teenager. The girl stepped out onto the soil, took a deep breath and smirked as she approached the group. Cayenna immediately leaned in to Chardok:

"Hey shrimp... we got a fucking kid on board. Bet you she's gonna die first. Younguns make such asses of themselves, it's too much!"

"Whatever. She does look pretty green... no scars or anything."

The young female paid little attention to the scuffle on the other end of the line. With slow but confident steps, she took her place among them, going over their faces furtively with dark, inquisitive eyes.

They all stood in silence, awaiting the General's command.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed May 07, 2014 11:15 am

"Men..." He said, in full knowledge that females were in his presence. "Tear through everything you see. Burn branches and shred rocks until you find anything of worth on this bleak piss hole. We will divide into four teams. I'm going alone, I won't be held back by any-" Brokka was interrupted by a piercing wail. His scouter momentarily blipped before suddenly going dead. Instantly his senses were everywhere, as he scanned the surrounding blackness for signs of any kind of life.

The screech erupted again, this time at greater decibels, and it was as if it was joined by a chorus of other analogous sounds. There was more than a single entity out there in the blackness. The General remained silent and without movement, quickly he entered a state of battle readiness. He could feel that his squadron acted accordingly, all of the previous chatter and banter had died down, and the Saiyans had become a united bulwark.

"It's been such a long time!" A heavy voice cried out from the shadows. The General quickly ascertained that the sound had come from his right side. "Visitors are rare in these parts"

"Very rare indeed..." A second voice quickly replied from Brokka's left side. The General huffed in bemusement. Two possible threats, two directions, one big mistake. They'd made him aware of their presence before an attack, now he was more than prepared for them. He clenched a fist and a half-grin formed on his face. He hadn't tore a living thing to shreds since his battle on the colony, he needed this.

Before Brokka could formulate a plan however, the light source that he had created quickly shrunk and diminished to nothing. In less than a second they were in complete darkness, the General couldn't even see his own hand directly in front of his face. This planet was completely void of light, what life could possibly thrive in such deprivation?

"Scrumptious absolutely!" The brooding voice from his right side called out. "Delicious, I want more."

"I'm so hungry, you should have shared. No matter, I'll drain the light from their eyes instead." The voice from his left side chortled.

Brokka had just seen his energy dissipate and one of the disembodied voices describe it as 'scrumptious'. Had it consumed his ki like some sort of meal? His brow puckered in confusion. He'd never heard of such monsters, even in all of his years of planetary domination. Again he remained still, but finally he replied to the voices. "Where are your resources. Tell me everything and I'll let you see the end of this 'day'." He mocked, in full knowledge that daytime was a distant myth in an uninhabitable world like this one.

"Oh I want that one, give it to me! Give me his light." The voice from his left side said with increased volume.

"You are our resources now meat. We have dwelled in this blackness for too long without feed, and you will illuminate us" The voice from his right side erupted into incessant laughter. Brokka's rage suddenly flared at their intolerable manner. He had no time for games, and he would not be threatened by creatures that festered in the darkest and most pathetic pit of the universe. He extended an arm directly in front of him and fired a single ki blast. The energy quickly illuminated his surroundings but was quickly interjected by the sight of two tall bug-like creatures converging on it. Suddenly the beasts quite literally sucked the energy dry until it was no more, and darkness reigned again. So they did feed off of energy! That must have been why this entire world was so black to begin with.

"More!" "More!" "More!" "MORE!" Voice after voice cried out in elation. The General's head fell forward as he listened to not two, or three, or four voices... But literally tens of voices. Now he knew that his squad was surrounded.

"You will be our first feast in a long, long time meat!" The original voice said with a snicker.

"...No, you'll be ours." A wide grin filled Brokka's face.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Sun May 25, 2014 7:43 am

Cayenna stared at the creatures that emerged from the darkness for a few moments before letting out a dissatisfied grunt.

"I fucking hate eating bug aliens." She muttered, cracking her knuckles.

Although she was a brutish warrior, tactical intelligence was not lost on her. It did not even take the general's second blast for Cayenna to deduce that the creatures feed on energy. The thought that she never cared much for energy blasts made her grin sinisterly.

Within a second, she powered up. Her muscles tensed and bulged as the young woman became more imposing, her eyes glowing with murderous intent. After many years, she was finally alive again. And she was damn hungry. The rotten bugs would have to do.

"Say, shrimp... I bet you I could take more of these freaks. Whoever wins gets the bigger share of the meat." - she spoke, licking her lips eagerly.

All of the warriors attacked simultaneosly, but most used ki blasts to no avail. I guess some heads were just too thick. Cayenna herself blasted off the ground and dove directly into the head of one of the creatures, sending it crashing to the ground. Two more tried to flank her, laughably. Cayenna jumped up into the air, above the two. As she rose up, one of the creatures grabbed hold of her leg. As she felt the creature's grip around her ankle, she started laughing.

"Stupid fucking aliens!" She yelled as she performed a quick rotation, bringing down her free leg with full force upon the creature's joint, releasing a massive dynamite kick, breaking off the creature's claw or whatever it was, clean at the joint. Cayenna landed on the ground gracefully and was instantly surrounded as the creature wailed in pain.

"Come on. I'll tear the lot of you limb from limb, ugly space waste motherfuckers." - Cayenna snarled, her every muscle and bone ready for the alien onslaught.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:52 am

The creatures were bipedal, tall, and armed with razors on their arms. Brokka had managed to make that much out in the second that the beasts had consumed his ki blast. They were a remarkable discovery in this wallowing pit of space. But how had they managed to survive, if like they had declared, they had been without sufficient sustenance for so long? Perhaps these creatures, though repulsive in their squalor, were formidable warriors...

Brokka clenched his fists and his senses ignited. He had no use for his eyes now, they couldn't adjust to this level of darkness without a small light source. Even the sky was scorched with smog and blackness in this place blocking out starlight, there was no chance he could rely on his visual perceptions here. Suddenly, the General leapt into the air, his speed causing him to cut through a group of the beasts like butter and double back on the fools.

He swung a fist in a direction that he heard movement, but the creatures were very fast and quickly leapt to another tree. He followed the sound source but again they ran, fleeing in groups as if this were some sort of game. The General cursed quietly, what kind of cowards were these monsters?

"Mobilise, now!" He said to his dozen strong team. They were far weaker than he was, but they were still Saiyan warriors, and Brokka expected them to cut through the cowardice beasts like jelly.

"We're so hungry, give us more! Feed us your delicious energy!" Said one of the ghastly creatures. The General activated his scouter, and within seconds it identified six separate energy frequencies.

"So eager for my energy are you?" Brokka snickered quietly, "Ask and you will receive."

The General fired a low energy blast into the centre of the beast congregation. Quickly like scurrying ants, the creatures leapt to absorb the energy, but Brokka acted on the opportunity. The General utilised his super speed to suddenly appear in front of the temporarily illuminated monsters, and he swung a flurry of devastated combos in their direction. The monster's howled and hissed and quickly dispersed. FOOLS! What kind of creature fought so spinelessly? Brokka ground his jaw in frustration. They were trying to coax him into using his projectile attacks by keeping their distance! This wasn't how the General preferred to fight, but he'd have to come up with a plan quickly before casualties on his own team could occur.

"Cowards-" Announced Brokka, but before he could complete his taunt he felt a shift in the air. With barely time to react, the veteran moved a few inches backwards to avoid an incoming razor claw. He wasn't completely successful however, as the razor gnawed into the breastplate of his armour.

The General held his breath. These beasts, although privy to cowardice tactics, were advanced hunters. Their speed and methods were quite impressive, and perhaps they would prove to be the challenge he had been seeking since he had awoke from status.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:16 pm

Cayenna powered up with a mighty scream as she flung her fist at a monster's mug and as she burrowed into it, she felt her stomach growling. Darn it all! She couldn't remember the last time she felt this hungry. But this darn things stank too much to be eaten raw. She had to bash them harder and kill them faster so she could finally sit down and eat.

A bunch of things had happened in such a short time, waking up at the butt-end of space after who knows how long under the strict rule of her sister's ex-boyfriend, no food, no water, no nothing. And on top of that, slimy arse aliens not even fit enough to eat raw! All that made her blood boil, to say the least.

"I've had enough of-" - she was smashed into a rock formation by a head-on tail slam from one of the creatures.

"Oh you gone done it now."- she muttered through gritted teeth before blasting from the rock straight into the creature, running her arm clean through it's torso. She then shoved her other hand into the gap and split the creature apart, groaning from strenuous effort.

Cayenna was then kicked forward and into the ground once more while she was off-guard, but she was able to backflip to her feet and jump away from danger before the assaulting creature could make use of the opportunity to attack.

"Darn these things!" - she said, her breath heavy with exertion.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:33 am

Cayenna, although ostensibly of a simple mind, possessed some tactical and physical prowess. This lowly grunt had managed to reduce one of these bipedal bugs to dust through means by which Brokka appreciated. Yes, she behaved in a docile manner, but if she had the mettle to survive the current confrontation, the General anticipated that she would become a proficient utility. Brokka quickly dropped into the shadows, until his entire body was a silhouette cloaked behind an amalgamation of wild foliage. He wasn’t hiding per se, he was simply reciprocating in this game of cat and mouse that these cowardly beasts had established. Whilst shrouded by the earth, the General’s keen eye scrutinised the hunting behaviour of this scavenger species. First, he noted that the beasts bore a pack mentality, as Cayenna’s ruthless slaughter of one of their own had caused a conglomerate of vultures to converge on the private. So guerrilla tactics was a primary part of their hunting repertoire? That was mistake number one. Second, through use of his scouter, Brokka analysed that during a brief skirmish with Chardock, the giant bugs had a preference for toying with their prey. No doubt this was a by-product of their egotism, a trait that had become apparent to the General when they had foolishly revealed their presence before initially attacking. This was mistake number two. And their final mistake, and perhaps their most fatal flaw, was that the species as a whole had dared to wage war on General Brokka.

The General’s scouter illuminated in a frenzy of numbers as more and more of these bugs surrounded Cayenna, eclipsing her completely. A fool would have interjected there and then, possibly by firing a ki barrage to draw the pack away from the private. But Brokka was no fool, and she had yet to prove that she was even worth aiding. Instead, the General’s senses ignited, and he observed their power level fluctuations and their respective movement speeds. They were goading the private, drawing her into a flesh made prison. Then, no doubt they expected her to retaliate with a river of her own energy so that they could bleed her dry. They were thoughtless.

Brokka hung long, arching his back until he lurched predatorily. He was already aware of the fact that his visual perception had been rendered useless in this darkness, so he instead sharpened his remaining senses. They were large creatures, and thus their ground movement created small vibrations through the swampy surface, this caused moisture ripples to ebb at his shins. The strength of the vibrations and the direction of the ripples helped Brokka to ascertain the beasts’ general proximity to him. The fools were also quite vocal, their grunts both visceral and deep. There was no distortion in the sound waves either, which told Brokka that no solid matter stood between him and the closest bug. Now was the time to strike.

The General ground his jaw together, his molars grated at the thought of annihilating this entire species from existence. Suddenly, he bound over the unkempt foliage and silently lunged toward the beast congregation. His speed was stifling, and he closed the distance between himself and the battle instantly. Then, when just a stone’s throw away from the closest bug, Brokka dropped into a flying kick and drove his heel deep into the spine of the creature. It squealed, but the sound was muffled by the crunch of shattering vertebrae. And before the beast could ricochet forward, the General extended his fists and took hold of the pincers on each of its arms. With brute force, Brokka pressured the creature into the butt of his heel, his foot continued to drive through bone and cartilage, until the sound of a snap and the splodge of warm and congealing liquids indicated that his heel had penetrated all the way through the bug’s chest. The mewling instantly subsided, and the beast fell limp. Next, with each hand Brokka tore the large pincers from the carcass’ flesh, and wielded them as blades. He swiftly shifted to his left side, and with a swipe of the pincer, seared the throat of another beast. Liquid erupted from the gash as the creature recoiled, and Brokka’s face and torso were awash with curdling blood. Then, without shifting his posture, the General clenched the razor in his right palm and drove it backwards. The blade instantly penetrated the gut of another beast, wreaking havoc to its innards. It too fell, and before long the entire hunting pack descending on him, leaving Cayenna in the clear. The Saiyan General didn’t withdraw, nor did he flinch. Instead, he tightened the grip on his makeshift weapons and began to spin on a full 360 degree rotation. As he spun he gained momentum, and he and the razors became a deadly blizzard. Moment after moment bugs dived at Brokka, and each was lacerated by their former companion’s appendages. Before long, the General was surrounded by corpses, and he was soaked head to toe in alien fluid.

In desperation, the remaining bugs fled, seemingly taking to the surrounding trees and planetary formations to gain a tactical advantage over the Saiyans once again. The General cracked his neck and spat, even his saliva was a cocktail of his own DNA and bug residue. This was what it was to be alive. His Saiyan blood now throbbed through his every fibre, and for the longest moment he thrived in the sensation of battle. Why had they fled? He had only just got into the correct rhythm. Now the hunt was turning; now he was going to lead the offensive.

“The landscape, wipe it clean.” He growled, his tone carrying with it absolute authority.

If the bugs were intent on scurrying into the trees and hills then Brokka would simply assure that no such habitat remained.
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:14 am

Cayenna fought the onslaught of the creatures with great glee. Although a few of them had managed to land hits on her, she was ecstatic about being able to flail her kicks and fists about like there's no tomorrow. She had spent such a long time in that pod, asleep, basically dead and it was so bloody good to be alive, she thought to herself as she bathed in a mixture of the creatures' juices and her own blood. That was until, suddenly, all the creatures went from her to Brokka.

"HEY!" - she exclaimed "I was killing that! Get your own!" - she ran after them, but to no avail. Brokka had basically decimated all of them with what looked like the pincers of one of them.

"Whoa." - she mumbled to herself, eyes wide open.

This guy was definitely something else. Sure, Celeria was powerful back in her day but this guy was UNREAL. After a moment's consideration, Cayenna decided that she would try to stick around after all. She figured she could definitely learn a thing or two from Cel's loverboy.

She cracked her knuckles eagerly and ran over and onto the pile of corpses.

"Awww yeah, food!" - she tore out a chunk of flesh and wolfed it down, before tearing off a limb and tossing it at Chardok, laughing as he struggled with eating it.

"You're supposed to rip it apart first, idiot!" - she mocked him.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!" - Chardok retaliated as he bit down into the meat.
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General
General

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:44 am

Not a moment after issuing his edict to the unit, the General’s eyes panned to the swamp filled earth. There, in primordial fashion, was the private Caynenna ripping to shreds the remains of a corpse he had just annihilated. Brokka’s brows furrowed and a frown etched into his face.  Disobedience bred discontent, and discontent led to insubordination. She possessed physical merit, but he ran a very different ship to the one this grunt had been accustomed to. And her slack attitude would have to yield if they were to thrive.

Although he could barely see a metre in front of him, the General clamped his foot over the head of Caynenna’s gourmet snack and crushed the skull until it resembled the very swamp it was embedded in. Alien ooze gunged out of all orifices, and washed over the private’s face, stopping her from indulging in the carcass instantly. Brokka was discombobulated by the ease in which these grunts had lost sight of their goal. Stopping to feast before the end of a battle was the signing of a death warrant. Emergency training in the appropriate combat decorum was therefore necessary immediately after the genocide of this bug-like race.

“I said, wipe it clean. Now.” Even though they were a mere silhouette, his eyes could melt flesh.

Suddenly a chorus of Saiyans charged at the blackened forest, as tree after tree toppled into the swamp and shook the world. Soon there would be nowhere to hide...
Back to top Go down
Cayenna
NPC
NPC

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:54 am

What the heck was this guy thinking? They had gone hungry for heck knows how long! Cayenna's heart sank as she felt her lunch sink into the putrid swamp.

"But-" - she attempted to retaliate but the General's low-pitched growl assured her he meant business.

"Alright, alright, I'm going! Uh - sir! Let's go, shrimp!" - she gestured to Chardok as more of a reflex - the planet was still in near-complete darkness.

Cayenna and Chardok charged forward into the throng, tripping occasionally on what were no doubt vines of surrounding foliage. Or, well - whatever. Cayenna decided she would rather not find out just what she was tripping on. This planet was enough of a dump already.

Soon enough, they picked up the sound of more of the creatures.

"Hey shrimp, watch this!" - Cayenna said to Chardok as she jumped forward and performed a precise landing onto one of the creatures. Without warning, she grabbed one of its appendages and pulled with all her might until the limb started giving way. As the creature swung at her, it had actually aided her in severing the pincer which she then employed the way the general had done.

"HAH! Take that! Bits up, face down!" - she laughed as she jumped off of the creature she had beheaded and ran over to Chardok, disemboweling the one he was engaging.

"Snuffed it, haha!" - she dropped the pincer to the side and jumped at her third opponent. Although the General's strategy was effective, it was too damn fast! And if there was something Cayenna loved, it was being knees deep in the blood of her enemies. She yelled out in excitement as she pounded her way into the creature, tearing it apart bit by bit and sneaking a few bites behind the General's back, snickering at her own ingeniousness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darkest Star   

Back to top Go down

The Darkest Star
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next