» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

Okara Zalidah

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Okara Zalidah
Worthy Opponent
Worthy Opponent

PostSubject: Okara Zalidah    Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:43 am

Name of your character: Okara Zalidah
(name is a strange play on words of okra salad)

Race: Saiyan

Age 17

Power level: 106,000.

Appearance:
Sketch of the character, Sorry for the crappy drawing:

Background: Okara was originally born in a lower class saiyan family. When he was first born he showed a power level much higher then the average child, this interested the other saiyans to put him with a higher class family to watch his power level. Growing up with the higher class saiyans Okara was living the life. He got to eat whatever he wanted and got to do whatever he wanted outside of his very few fighting lessons from the lower class saiyans. Unfortunately as Okara got older his power level began to decrease until he his power level became half as large as it once was. Then at the age of 9 he was forced to go back to his lower class family.

Back with his old family his life was alot harder. He had 5 brothers and sisters each one stronger then the last one, and Okara being the youngest was the weakest by far. Everything they got or wanted had to be fought for. If someone wanted a hunk of meat, he/she had to fight each and every one of his/her siblings, and no matter what Okara wanted he'd always be on the losing end of the brutal fight he and his siblings would engage in. This slowly caused Okara's power to slightly increase slowly but not enough to match the power level he had as a newborn.

Then it came the time that Saiyans began to be pulled together to escape the planets destruction. At first it was the high class saiyans being sent first, then military, then finally the lower class saiyans. Unfortunately it wasn't like just any lower class saiyan could go on the ship, some had to fight for their place on the ship. Of course the lower class saiyans were chosen through a tournament, unaware of the prize being the escape from the planet.

The fight was set up like a normal battle royale it was a tournament that any saiyan could join and the prize was said to be "something special". Due to the fact that Okara had spent most of his childhood fighting in that style he and his siblings quickly began to rise in the tournament. Then slowly the tournament became a death match, multiple saiyans were being killed for the spot for the prize, rumors even went around that it was to be a duke of the royal family or to be a general for the military but luckily Okara and his siblings weren't touched... Until it happened.

Okara and his siblings were all put into one match with a larger saiyan. He was obviously was a higher class saiyan but he was probably just wanted the prize like everyone else. The match didn't take long but after 10 minutes each and every one of his siblings were slaughtered by the man. Okara was stunned, though he was bullied by his siblings he grew an attachment to them in his 7 years of knowing them. Feeling his rage grow inside of him he confronted the man knowing he wouldn't stand a chance.... at least in a fair battle. Instead of fighting with the pride of the saiyan and caring about whether or not he would be allowed to recieve the prize he did whatever it took to bring the other Saiyan down.

Groin punches, Sucker punches, headbutts, Tail grabs and tail biting nothing was sacred in this fight. Okara pushed himself to the limit to keep up with the obviously stronger saiyan. But after a good 5 minutes which felt like an eternity Okara was able to bring the saiyan down. And with a smile he passed out. While he didn't win in the tournament which the prize was just a mountain of meat (ain't that a let down) Okara interested many of the higher class Saiyans and earned his unconscious self a place on the ship. When he woke up he found himself being melted out of ice on a different planet, wondering where he was, when it was, and why he was here.

Personality: Okara can be defined by two words. Lazy and Crazy. Okara is probably the person that will do almost anything to get out of something he doesn't want to do. He will do things such as fake injuries, play sleep, and even run to avoid most unwanted situations. The only thing keeping him from keeping him from being considered a cowardly saiyan is the voices in his head. Due to watching his siblings being dispatched in front of him and then being shoved into a cryostasis chamber he never had anytime to grieve over their demise. This causes him to hear their voices dictating him to train and to do things even if he really doesn't want to.

Techniques:

Energy Barrier - is both a defensive and an offensive technique. The user charges their ki around them, forming a transparent barrier of either golden or silver energy. This technique can be used to deflect or dampen attacks or it can be used as an offensive attack, damaging the surroundings and opponents it touches.

Dynamite Kick - is a seemingly normal kick. However, once it impacts the opponent, it releases a massive concentration of ki, resulting in a damaging explosion.

Scatter Shot - is an energy wave technique. It consists of a combination of many energy waves fired at a very rapid rate and guided to the target.

Multi-Form - also known as the 12 eyes technique or Quadruplication, is a technique in which the user powers up and splits into two, then those two split clones into four. Unlike the Afterimage technique these are tangible clones not just imprints left by speed. The technique’s primary weakness is the fact that it divides the speed and strength of the user by four, thus weakening the user. The user reverts back to the normal state once suffering a significant deal of damage.

Wolf Fang Fist - is a technique of rapid, charged melee strikes empowered by a wolf totem. It is a unique attack in that no energy is directly expelled from the user, rather ki energy empowers the strikes with incredible force. The technique is shown as a flurry of punches and kicks that seem much more effective and powerful.

Theme Song (optional): Turn it up- sonic syndicate

Last edited by Okara Zalidah on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 pm

I really like your app! And even though my original idea was that there was a list of saiyans who were conscripted to migrate to the new colony - I'm loving the idea that there was a battle royale tournament held for lower classes, to determine who'd get the chance to go! And it's cool how his power level went up then down, great stuff.

Oh, and there's no ice cream on Planet Vegeta. Or sweets of any kind. Just meat and booze, basically. It's a cruel planet like that. Very Happy

Everything seems ok to me, I'm gonna wait for Gelth to give the final a-ok!

Oh, and I'll have to change your username to your character's name when he's approved - it's website policy, so I hope you're ok with it. Smile

• Character profiles:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Okara Zalidah
Worthy Opponent
Worthy Opponent

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 pm

No problem with that... This name is usually my moniker so I can remember my username but I'd like to thank you for your time in checking out the character.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Alrighty, then we're just waiting for a heads up from Gelth. I expect it'll all go smoothly. Smile

• Character profiles:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:22 am

Hey there Blade, I've had a read through your app and I'm willing to approve it subject to just a few changes. Okay, I really like what you did with your character. There's a nice spin on a child who was gifted with natural strength who then loses that edge and returns to the lower classes. That's quite a new concept and I enjoyed reading it. The battle royale however is slightly problematic! In our storyline the colony was kept a complete secret, with King Vegeta sending certain Saiyans over to the new world below the radar of Freeza. You should alter your battle royale idea so that it was a generic tournament, in which your character caught the attention of the upper class when he performed really well. It was only then did he get placed in cryo-stasis.

If you can alter that, and just have a prood read through the application, fixing the sentence structure a little bit, then I'll good to approve you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:43 am

A battle royale tournament with a hidden purpose, that's even better. Very Happy

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Okara Zalidah
Worthy Opponent
Worthy Opponent

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 am

Ok edited. I made it clear that none of the participants knew what the true prize was. I would think that with the way the Saiyans are impatient and enjoy battle with their brutality that a battle royale would be quite normal to them, kind of like how you put a bunch of poisonous creatures in a cage to determine which one has the strongest poison (this is my thoughts on it but if you want me to change it to the generic tournament I will). But I did edit it so that he technically lost the tournament but gained the attention of upper class enough to on the ship but he was unconscious when they put him in cry-stasis. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am

Okay, all good! You are approved. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okara Zalidah    

Back to top Go down

Okara Zalidah
View previous topic View next topic Back to top