» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

The Slug's Domain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:07 pm

A moment after the minions had vanished, Rhea got an elbow to the face that knocked her back, sending her flying into the air and crashing through the wall of the chamber. As her head connected with the wall behind her and hammered through it, Rhea nearly fainted. She lay in the rubble for a few seconds, before the two came upon her in perfect sync. However, the only thing they stomped upon were piles of shattered rock. Rhea reappeared behind them, her face stained with blood. Adrenaline surged through her, her heart was pounding and she had trouble keeping her footing as the two assaulted her from all sides.

Rhea didn't pay too much attention to it all, in her mind, she kept rewinding Piccolo's words. Wait... bide your time... She thought, as she dodged their blows. Sooner or later... one of them is bound to... MAKE A MISTAKE! In a flash, one of them opened up and Rhea immediately seized the opportunity and headbutted him as hard as she could. She then recoiled to deliver a second headbutt to the one behind her. It hurt as she slammed her already injured head into the beast, but her pain only fueled her anger. No matter what, Rhea knew she would win this fight - even if it was the last thing she'd ever do.

With that thought in mind, she jumped into the air, immediately beginning to collect ki in the palms of her hands. Finally, she raised her hands over her head and released a huge Masenko wave at one of the grunts, who was still dazed from her previous attack. The creature was obliterated, but Rhea had no time to celebrate her victory. A swift strike fell upon her neck and she plummeted to the ground, managing to land on her feet, albeit barely. The other henchman assaulted her with a flurry of punches and kicks and Rhea soon realized that she had burned too much of her energy with that wave. Each hit she suffered hammered that particular point into her brain. Still, she wasn't faltering. She concentrated on her defense the best she could, waiting to recover her ki, if even a little.

The creature sniggered:

"Is that all you've got, little boy?!"

Rhea's eyes inflamed with pure anger.

"I AM NOT A BOY!" She yelled out as a burning red aura exploded around her. She seemed to have instantly turned the tables - Rhea easily had the alien on the ropes, she could see the struggle to keep up in his eyes. The struggle these creatures were so indifferent to, back when it was in her eyes. She buried her fist deep into the monster's face, only to get a kick to her side in retaliation. She was getting sloppy, letting her anger get the best of her. But in that moment, Rhea didn't care. She was glad to deliver a few slices of anger to these douchebags. And there were a lot more where these came from.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Slug disappeared in an instant. Piccolo had only ever seen two others move at such a speed, and they were no less than Freeza and Goku. The Namekian gritted his teeth, and his fangs fell onto his lower lip. He clenched his fists and assumed an impenetrable defensive stance. His extensive Namekian hearing scanned the room for any hint of a sudden movement in the air, but all he could detect was the sound of Slug’s minions engaging Rhea. For the time being, his student would have to fend for herself, as much as Piccolo was uncomfortable with the idea of throwing her to the dogs, he had now been led into a corner he couldn't walk away from.

Suddenly, the warrior heard a shrill laughter explode from all directions. The bastard was taunting him! His glare siphoned until he scrutinised even the air, and finally he saw a semblance of a moving form. Instinctively, Piccolo bound into the air and forward somersaulted, barely dodging an incoming uppercut from the tyrant. He quickly spun around until he was facing Slug’s back and descended quickly. He outstretched his foot and focused a great deal of his energy into a kick, but before he could knock Slug off his feet, he bound to the other side of the hall.

“Careful Piccolo, you wouldn’t want to hurt your helpless friends, would you? One misplaced kick and the tanks go BOOM. Come to think of it, the same can be said for blasts... Wahahahaha!” Lord Slug extended his hand and a barrage of energy blasts fired in rapid succession at Piccolo. The warrior could have easily bound free of the attack, but in doing so helpless villagers would perish. Instead Piccolo extended a purple energy field around himself and the tanks in the blast radius. This technique was taxing however, and cost him a good portion of his energy. The Namekian let out a screech as he battled the incoming attacks, until finally Slug stopped.

“You’re like clockwork, so predictable. Not that I’ve ever owned a clock, mind...” Slug suddenly disappeared, and in less than a second was in front of Piccolo. He forced a fist into the warriors gut causing him to fall back. Then he grabbed a fist full of the fighter’s gi, and pulled him in, butting him with the blunt of his forehead. Piccolo cried out in pain as purple mist sprayed from the collision. He was momentarily blinded, but in the confusion he forced outwardly with his ki and fired Slug several metres away.

“Is this the best New Namek’s got? Guru really died to defend this cesspool of weakness? You’re pathetic Piccolo, I thought this world’s greatest warrior would at least make me break a sweat. I guess I’ll have to figure out new ways of motivating you, huh? How about I mess with your male companion over there?” Slug’s brows lowered and he let out a low sinister snicker.

Piccolo’s bloodshot eyes widened in dread. Not Rhea, she wasn’t ready for this, not yet. He’d had it these threats and with this game, and most of all he’d had it with Lord Slug. Piccolo unleashing a bellowing scream as his aura exploded around his body, his energy quickly climbed causing the surrounding tiles to shatter and hover in the air around him. “Enough games Slug. You might be powerful but one thing’s for sure, you’re completely crazy. Did you really think you could destroy this peaceful planet and nobody would come to stop you?” The Namekian’s fists were clenched so tight that purple blood oozed from the gaps between his fingers.

“Actually, that’s exactly what I thought...” The maniac laughed mockingly.

“In that case, let me show you a little something I learned on Earth.” Piccolo smiled, fury bubbling below the gesture. “MAAAAAA-SEEEEEEN-KOOOOOO-HAAAAAAAAAA!” His hands ignited in a golden hue, as a large beam fired from the Namekian’s fingertips and right to Slug. The maniac simply extended his arms to guard against the blast as it made a collision. Suddenly the room lit up, Piccolo took this opportunity to assess Rhea’s progress, and she appeared to be handling herself just fine. He smiled slightly, but soon the light dimmed from the blast and Lord Slug was visible once more. As much power as Piccolo had put into that blast, it appeared that the Super Namek had been barely singed. The only damage which had been done was superficial at best. Slug’s vibrant yellow jacket had been burnt on the arms, and he had shallow scorch marks on his flesh, that was all. Piccolo would have to take it up a notch from here out.

“Earth you say? I tell you what, I’ll go there and take that planet for my own once I’m done here, how does that sound?”

“That sounds like you’re delusional.” The Namekian screeched and used his super speed to disappear. Suddenly he was on Slug, and both combatants engaged in a high intensive brawl. They both disappeared into thin air and battled at super octane speed. Both Namekian’s traded blow for blow, neither backing down as the standoff continued. Piccolo was all too aware however that as insane as he was, Lord Slug possessed the superior strength. His skin literally stood on end being so close to this maniac, his power was that intense. The Namekian had not felt anything like this since his last battle on Namek!

“Resist as much as you want, I’ve got a tank just for you Piccolo, and then the union of the whole Namekian race will be complete! They should call me Slug the Savour Bwahahaha!” The ranting of a lunatic! Of course, this would have been the case if Slug had actually lacked the power to make this nightmare a reality. Unfortunately, Piccolo couldn’t guarantee that this fate could be averted, and with his power dwindling quickly, he’d have to come up with a counterstrategy to prevent it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:56 pm

They were both upon her, assaulting her ruthlessly and systematically, almost in perfect unison and it was a matter of time before Rhea started losing grip on the situation. Slug’s goons really had her on the ropes. But each punch she allowed to hit, each jab and each kick only made her angrier. She was angry at herself, angry at her helplessness. Rhea had never been in an actual fight before, fighting Piccolo was different. He wanted her to survive while these two wanted her to die. No matter how hard they swinged, she would block them, even though it hurt. She could feel her soft skin bruising and breaking, she tasted blood and saw stars. But she would not give in. Rhea gave them back each blow, hitting harder and kicking faster, her breath heavy with exertion and adrenaline. She would give them all back. All the pain and suffering they had caused, she would make them feel it tenfold. As they made their assault, Rhea overheard a few words over the commotion:

“How about I mess with your male companion...“

It was Slug and he threatened Piccolo. He threatened he would harm her. She was not considered Piccolo’s sidekick, his backup – she was his weakness.

Rhea’s eyes suddenly flashed bright with ki as she felt her rage explode in her chest. Slug’s soldiers cornered her with full force, kicking and punching high and low. Rhea allowed the hits to land, because suddenly, she no longer felt them. All she felt was a warm torrent of ki charging her, warming her, tensing her muscles with immense power. Commander Zeeun drove his knee into Rhea’s stomach as she bent over. The air began to pulse with the power that emanated from Rhea and her two enemies seemed dazed by the occurrence.

"You... monsters..." – she whispered.

She then raised her eyes, her beaming gaze piercing them both.

"You will all pay."

Rhea clenched her fists and focused her power.

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

She screamed out, unleashing a staggering amount of power. Within seconds, she was on Zeeun, driving her fist deep into his gut and then reappearing behind him and knocking him down, the force of the blow sending him crashing deep into the ground, splintering the floor from the impact. The other one was instantly upon her, his knee deep in her back, but she disappeared and reappeared behind him and sent her own Dynamite kick at the back of his head.

As he was propelled downwards, Rhea raised her hands above her head and charged a massive attack.

"MASENKO-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!“

A huge wave of ki unleashed from her palms, catching Medamatcha in mid air and Zeeun on the ground. Rhea screamed louder and reinforced the beam until she felt the lifesigns of her enemies fading away in its power. She had buried the wave deep into the ground, leaving a vast crater in the chamber floor. As the smoke cleared, Rhea turned around to face Piccolo and Slug, finding that both were in fact looking at her. Rhea looked over Piccolo to make sure he was ok and then turned to Slug, extending a pointed finger at him.

"If you think I am my master’s weakness, you are mistaken. I am my master’s strength and I will bring you down! And just like your goons...“ – she looked down to the crater where she had annihilated Slug’s henchmen before looking back to Slug once more and raising her voice.

"... I will make you pay for all the suffering you’ve caused!" – her hands clenched into fists as she powered up and assumed a defensive stance, ready for meet whatever awaited her head on, with all her might.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Piccolo and Slug were ablaze with combat until everything suddenly stopped. The Namekian’s feelings caused all of his muscles to freeze, and his gaze found itself wondering to Rhea, who had just unleashed impossible power for a human being. Try as he might, Piccolo couldn’t help his jaw from falling slightly agape. Rhea, his pupil who was not much older than Gohan, had just done something incredible. And if she could cling to that power, even if only for a few moments longer, then there could be hope. As Lord Slug was distracted by the sight of the enraged human, Piccolo buried his fist into the maniac’s face, causing him to plummet in a plume of his own blood to the floor. As the tyrant landed, tiles splintered, causing a fissure than had already begun to split the throne room in half.

“I was wondering when you’d come out to play little human. I must say, I’m not impressed by your tiny stature or your feeble muscles that look like they’re supported by that glue stick you call a body, but that little performance was wonderful!” Slug danced up and down on the spot, he raved and animated himself in the most erratic of fashions, he didn't even care that Piccolo had just landed one in his face. Piccolo’s eyes widened in the presence of such insanity, but there was little time to dally.

“It’s the same story, Slug. Over and over again, tyrants like you underestimate those around you, until in the end you’re a cat without its claws... Hmph.” The Namekian warrior wiped away a trickle of blood from his lip and let his power explode from him. Now he knew what to do, the answer had been in front of him all this time. He didn’t need to be stronger than Slug, because just like Freeza, the madman was ignorant to what was around him. As long as he could make Slug think he was winning, then that’s what mattered. Now he just needed to transmit the plans telepathically to Rhea...

“Take this!” Shouted Piccolo, his aura still racing around him like a typhoon. A bombardment of ki blasts left the warrior’s hands and homed in on Lord Slug. The ground ignited in a white glow, and Piccolo’s senses detected the maniac dive into the air. Concealed by the thick smoke that now hung in the air, the Namek used his super speed to quickly drive his knee into Slug’s back, and then he head butted him in Rhea’s direction.

Come on kid, you can do this. Keep hold of that power, just like before... Piccolo thought to himself as the loose form of Slug plummeted towards Rhea. Then, after a second, the Namekian formed a telepathic link with Rhea.

“Kid, don’t be afraid, and listen to every word I have to say...” Soon he’d transmitted all of the plans into Rhea’s mind. The odds of success were slim, but if anybody could pull this off, it was the two of them, together.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:00 pm

“Master Piccolo?” – Rhea was surprised to hear his voice as she readied herself for Slug’s attack.

“Listen up, kid. You have to be strong. Take Slug with everything you have, but let him win. Pretend he beat you. Then leave everything to me. I have to let him take me, it is the only way I can defeat him. When he takes me, you have to find a way to disable the machine and free my people.” – Piccolo explained.

“That’s insane! What if-“

“You have to trust me on this one! It’s the only chance we’ve got! Do you trust me, Rhea?” – he urged.

Rhea pursed her lips anxiously.

“I do, Master Piccolo. I will do it. Wish me luck.”

“You can do it, kid.”

Rhea focused her energy as Slug came down upon her, parrying all his blows and even landing a few of her own, making the monster cackle with delight. It made her sick. Rhea had kept her power up for a considerable amount of time, fighting Slug head to head but her strength began to slip as Slug’s grew and soon she found herself on the losing end. Slug had beaten her badly and seemed to enjoy every hit. The pain was unlike anything she had felt before, but she knew she had to endure, no matter what. Tears streamed down her cheeks and it only made him hit her harder. As Slug taunted her, she pushed them down and broke free of his flurry of blows, charging all her ki into her palms and forming a small ki blast that grew exponentially and flung it at Slug who simply deflected it back at her. Rhea stood her ground and met the attack head on but Slug reappeared behind her and struck at her neck with the edge of his palm, breaking her concentration and having her suffer the full force of the blast. Rhea tore through it and engaged Slug immediately after.

“I won’t fail you, Master Piccolo. I promise.” – she thought to herself as she used her remaining strength to propel herself directly at Slug, disappearing and reappearing behind him, unleashing a kick at Slug’s skull that hit full force.

However, after taking the hit, Slug simply grabbed her leg and punched right into it, breaking her leg at the knee. Rhea screamed from the pain and fell to the ground, her vision completely dimmed by the tears in her eyes as she instinctively threw her arms up and fired at Slug who responded in kind with an even greater blast that easily toppled her own and hit her head on. As she did her best to endure it, her consciousness dissipated along with Slug’s ki.

“Master Piccolo...” – she reached out weakly in Piccolo’s direction when she lost consciousness completely and her hand fell limply to the ground.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:39 pm

It was horrifying; Piccolo had seen this kind of brutality only from Vegeta, Nappa and Freeza before. Slug fought Rhea without mercy, reversing her own attacks and disintegrating all of her efforts with little trouble. He truly was a monster, and Piccolo could see why he had been exiled generations earlier. The Namekian grimaced and kept himself at a distance from the maniac and charged his ki. Before long his power level was at maximum, and not a second too soon. The plan had to be executed now, Rhea had not sacrificed her health for nothing, Piccolo would make sure that all she had given would not be in vain. Still, he couldn’t help but beat himself up for the way he had thrown his pupil into the fire like that. Rhea WOULD survive this, and when he saw and spoke to her again, he would make sure she understood his gratitude.

Thank you, my friend. Your sacrifice may have just saved an entire race from extinction. I hope you come to know what that means someday.

Piccolo smiled as he contemplated his student’s bravery. But no soon as Slug was finished with Rhea, he was on the Namekian. The two disappeared in a blur of combat. Piccolo’s energy imbued him with just enough charge to battle the maniac toe for toe for a time. Bash after bash both combatants traded mammoth blows. Piccolo spun and formed a roundhouse which connected with Slug’s neck. The tyrant propelled from one end of the throne room to another, smashing through walls and causing the structural integrity of the building to destabilise. Instantly, rocks were falling around them. There was no time for reprieve however, and the warriors instantly commenced. Slug sent a flurry of punches into Piccolo’s gut, and then in turn, Piccolo hooked Slug’s jaw with both fists and back flipped, volleying Slug into the air as he raised his feet. The battle continued in the air, with Slug firing a shower of ki blasts directly from his open mouth. Piccolo’s super speed assured that nothing got him, he did however have to deflect several orbs from breaching the Namekian pods.

The battle wore on, and the Namekian grew wary. Nail infused Piccolo with a great deal of power, he could feel the Dragon Clan warrior in his veins and in his soul, but even the power of two Namekian fighters was not enough to stop a Super Namek. Piccolo’s muscles ached, and his ki supply was running dry. Now he bound around the throne room, using his super speed to confuse Slug and possibly tire him out.

“What’s this? Tag? I’ve played this on other world’s I’ve destroyed. It always ends the same way... In a pool of my adversaries blood! Bwahaha!” Try as he might, Piccolo was unable to keep up the game, and Slug pinpointed the warrior with a precision mouth blast that caught him in the right shoulder, causing him to fall immobile to the floor.

“I didn’t wanna have to teach you this lesson Piccolo. I’d hoped you’d just comply.” Said the tyrant as he landed just feet away from Piccolo’s exhausted body. “No, no... Don’t listen to that, I think I’m lying, I actually think I hate you.” Slug scratched his chin in contemplation.

Piccolo snickered under his breath and clutched at his beating wound which ran freely with his blood. “You’re a diseased maniac, and I’ll never willingly join with you. Even if you defeat me, there are others who will surely destroy you, you just don't know it yet. You call yourself a Super Namek but really you’re just an old fool.” Piccolo continued to laugh, wilfully antagonising Slug.

The tyrant frowned, and raised a hand which suddenly pulsated with a ball of ki. “You’ll pay for that. I think I’ll punish you to an eternity of detention... IN MY BODY!”

First Piccolo saw a blinding ray of light which was accompanied by full bodily agony, and then he saw and felt nothing. In seconds he faded out of consciousness, and in minutes he felt something familiar take hold, something he hadn't felt since Nail. Suddenly, it was as if the Namekian’s faculties were returned, and as he opened his eyes he was standing in the centre of the 23rd World Tournament arena. He remembered this well, this was where he’d first met Goku in combat, years ago...
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Pain had jolted her back to consciousness as Rhea's eyes flew open and she instinctively reached for her broken leg, her eyes instantly welling up with tears as she tried to silence her sobs. The pain was mind-numbing, made her entire lower body feel paralyzed. Even though she had trained intensely and suffered serious bruises and cuts and even dislodged joints, she had never had a fracture. She wrapped her arms around herself and laid back down, trembling and desperately trying to calm herself.

"Think, I need to think, I must... save Piccolo..." - she grunted as she looked around, dragging herself to a loose rock formation and weakly supporting herself into a standing position. Her first instinct was to fly but she remembered Piccolo's warning about leaving too great of an energy signature. So, she crept slowly and painfully along the walls lined with pods that imprisoned the Namekians. She was looking for a panel, any kind of screen or technology that would help her affect the machine and disable it.

To her horror, as she progressed further into the chamber, she found no such thing. Each agonizing step only brought her more frustration - nothing but pods and strange stone tubes coming out of them and connecting in the middle of the...

"CHAMBER!" - Rhea thought to herself as her eyes instantly darted to the throne at the centre of the room. She did her best to quicken her pace, albeit the pain being almost too much to endure. With much effort, she dragged herself to the throne to find that there indeed was some kind of display with two buttons beneath it on one of the arm rests. She raised her trembling hand over it, but decided that she should not press any buttons, considering that she might raise an alarm. However, she had noticed that the screen displayed writing in a language she had never seen before.

Rhea groaned and fell to the floor, feeling a cutting pain in her leg as she met with the ground. Her fists were tightly clenched as she cried hard, helpless. When she opened her eyes, she was met with the underside of the throne, which showed several similar rock tubes, like the ones she had seen coming from the pods.

Her gaze went to the pods and back to the throne a few times before she decided to focus her ki to get a better understanding of whether or not her hunch was correct. She felt the Namekians, felt their ki, which was slowly being sapped into the throne. Apparently, Slug had begun transferring their essences into himself using the throne as a conduit. Unfortunately, Rhea had no knowledge on how to operate the system.

"Damn it." - she mumbled to herself.

She had to end it, had to put a stop to it somehow. She only hoped that the only thing she could do was the right one. Rhea raised both hands upwards, gathering all her ki and launching it into the throne. She turned to her side and curled up, shielding her head from the debris. As the dust settled, she saw that all the hatches on the pods suddenly flew open. Rhea smiled, bracing herself, allowing herself to enjoy this small victory. Slug would not have Piccolo's people, not so easily. But Rhea's smile faded from her face as she thought of Piccolo. She had prevented or at least temporarily hindered Slug from absorbing his people, but she did not know if what she had done had helped her friend and master in any way.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:43 pm

He remembered that day perfectly, but perhaps more than that, he remembered how full of hatred his heart had been. The 23rd World Tournament was when Piccolo Jr. had come in search of Goku and his comrades, to seek revenge for what had been done to his original form, the Demon King Piccolo. Although time had distanced Piccolo from these events, when he stood here at the centre of the confrontation, with sun setting on him the very way it had done those years ago, and the crowd cheering at him melodically, he felt like Jr. again. His first instinct was to shake away this vibe as his history was best buried; after all he’d committed terrible crimes as the Demon King. But as Piccolo further scrutinised the situation, and what exactly it was that he was doing standing here, nothing made sense.

“I... don’t belong here. I’ve already done this, it-it isn’t right.” He looked around briefly, his mind filled with bewilderment, until finally he remembered. “SLUG!”

“I was wondering how long it would take you to come around Piccolo...” The Namekian turned around to see Slug standing in the centre of the arena opposite him. “So, this is interesting. Your memories are full of excitement. Who would have thought, Piccolo Jr, the Demon King incarnate! You are a dark horse Piccolo, I’d never realised...”

Piccolo scowled and closed his eyes. “Don’t call me that. That’s not who I am, not anymore.”

“But why, you were so fun... Just look at these memories!” Suddenly, Piccolo saw shadows of himself and a teen Goku battling it out in the centre of the ring. The blows were fierce, and the hatred was intense.

“If you can see my memories, then you can see why all of this was a mistake, Slug. I was the Demon King for a very long time, and in that time all I did was destroy. And no matter how mighty I pretended to be, it all came crashing down around me here.” Piccolo crossed his arms. He couldn’t ever hope to redeem one such as Slug, but if he could buy Rhea time, then that was what was important.

“Oh cry me a couple of rivers. Let’s see this Demon King then shall we!” The scenery suddenly changed, the chanting of the crowd faded, and slowly the image was replaced by a ruined and subjugated city, in the heat of the final battle between King Piccolo and the child Goku.

“Hmph... do as you will.” Huffed Piccolo.

“The Demon King himself. Pompous title, I must say, I prefer Super Namek... or simply God, bwahaha.” Slug rubbed his large hands together and his laugh pierced Piccolo’s ears. You ruled this whole planet, it looks beautiful, ripe for so much destruction and domination. How about it Piccolo? Give in to me, stop fighting this and join me, and we can rule together as one... You can be so much more than a simple Demon King, you can be a god...”

The Namekian responded through gritted teeth. “Haven’t you listened to a word I said? We’re nothing alike, not anymore. The person I was, he’s dead, he died a long time ago and he’s not coming back. Piccolo is who I am now, and nothing else. And I’ll never surrender to you, not while a single breath is left in my body!”

Slowly, Piccolo and Lord Slug began to circle each other, stirring each other down. In the backdrop the Demon King could be seen being impaled directly through the torso by a young Goku, a memory that clung to Piccolo still. These were all redundant images however, they showed Piccolo a life belonging to someone else, someone who had made very different decisions, and who had not known love the way he had. He had been reborn long ago, and he preferred it that way.

“Well then, prepare to stop breathin-“ A shudder ran through Piccolo’s memory, and Lord Slug watched as the memories began to dim, fading into an oasis of blackness. “What’s this? How are you fighting me? You should be fading, not getting stronger!”

“Oh don’t worry about it.” Piccolo smirked, his fangs hanging over his bottom lip. “You just keep talking to me...”

“What did you do!? Tell me!?”

“Or what, you’ll beat the life out of me? You’re in my head, you can’t do a thing to me here.” The Namekian laughed in satisfaction.

“Then I have your thoughts, and I can see-“ Slug’s eyes exploded until they were as wide as supernovas. “The human, she wasn’t dead... She’s destroyed the conduit. DAMN IT ALL!”

Slug suddenly faded out of Piccolo’s mind, and the warrior's smile quickly turned sour. If he was in the process of being released from his pod then it had to be soon. He couldn’t allow Slug to be alone with Rhea, not in the condition she was in. If Piccolo didn’t wake up fast, he’d destroy Rhea, Dende, and all of Namek! He willed himself over and over, he needed to wake up now!
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 am

Rhea's felt both Piccolo's and Slug's power level, they were approaching the room. She still had no idea what had happened, so she found it best to try and hide. She did her best to crawl behind and under a shattered rock formation as quickly as she could. Resting her back against the cold wall, she curled up and pushed down her power level as low as she could.

This took much effort because her fear was in her throat, choking her. Her first instinct was to fight with all the strength she had left, but it wasn't very much at all. She didn't want to think about it, but she knew she didn't want to die. Not to mention Master Piccolo would scold her for rushing into the battle like that.

So she steadied her mind and her breathing, entering an almost-meditative state. She needed to calm herself and recover. With a broken leg, she did not have much chance, so in case she got discovered, she needed all of her remaining power at the ready. That was the only way she could survive long enough for the Namekians to awaken and help her. But she couldn't be sure they would help her. Rhea only confirmed what she had known all along, Master Piccolo was her only hope.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 am

“I’ll find you!!!” Shouted Slug, frantically swiping his fists in the air at invisible targets. “Don’t think I don’t know who broke my machine little boy, because I know it was you and your pathetic spaghetti body!” The maniac stretched out his hands and fired a ball of ki that caused the far wall of the throne room to crumble. Now that his machine and plans had been compromised, he had no reason to keep the pathetic people of Namek safe, for all he cared they could be crushed like ants by the falling debris.

Slug moved quickly, his large muscular frame scanned every inch of the open space as the throne room fell in on itself. He could feel the human’s energy signature, but it was weak, and pinpointing its exact direction was cumbersome. Although he couldn’t see the boy, he knew the human could hear him, and that was all that was necessary. If he couldn’t have ultimate power like he had originally intended, then he’d settle for ruining the human's life instead.

“Your friend’s mind is very interesting human.” Said Slug as he fired another barrage of ki waves, which began to rapidly collapse the ceiling. The glow of New Namek’s neighbouring planets peaked through the open roof, bathing the littered throne room in a red glow. “He never used to be so dull you know. In his memories I saw the things he tried to hide. Piccolo the Demon King... Did he tell you that that’s his real name?” A ki blast fired from his mouth and all the debris on the ground disintegrated. There, huddled into a protective ball was the human. Slug smiled in satisfaction, the small alien would pay for this.

“Oh he’s a maniac alright. He killed so many people, and enslaved the entire human race! He even captured children, what a monster, huh?” Lord Slug grinned, his tongue stroked his thin green lips as he chortled in satisfaction.

----

“Grand Elder, he’s waking up. Piccolo, can you hear me?”

Through a feeling of disorientation which was coupled with a sudden flooding sensation of agony, Piccolo heard the familiar voice of Dende. His eyes peeled open, and his irises were attacked by a blinding source of light. The Namekian shielded his vision and gripped his beating head with both hands. He felt as if he’d just gone twelve rounds with Goku or Vegeta, he could barely contain his pain. What was worse was that he wasn’t sure whether the agony was from the prior physical beating, or from being strapped into the pod.

Eventually, the warrior slowly clambered from his pod and leaned against Dende who was directly in front of him as support. As the Namekian looked around, he saw all of the villagers gathered round him, and they all seemed to be in perfect condition. The pain, then, must have been a side effect of the aggressive beating Piccolo had received at the hands of Slug. After a passing second, the warrior remembered Rhea, and his eyes shot to the far end of the throne room, where he caught a glimpse of an enraged Lord Slug who was in full pursuit of her.

“Rhea, I need to help her, she’s in trouble...” He said through a gasp, his strength rapidly failing him.

“No Piccolo, it would mean your death, let Dende heal you first.” Said Moori, who rushed towards Piccolo to inspect his wounds.

“There’s no time, Rhea will die if I don’t do something right now!” Piccolo raised his voice and attempted to increase his power level, but nothing happened. Eventually he fell to one knee, unable to even walk unaided.

“Even if I do heal you, you won’t have the power to stop Slug. If only the other fighters from Earth were here too. Gohan, Krillin...” Dende shook his head in sorrow. The whole Namekian race had just been pulled back from the brink, yet here they were still at the mercy of their most foul brother.

“...I hate to admit this, but for once I wish Kami was here. If he and I fused, I’d have the power I needed to wipe the floor with that maniac.” Piccolo gripped his shoulder, now it was bleeding profusely.

Dende’s eyes suddenly widened, and he jumped up and down on the spot. “Grand Elder, that’s it! Piccolo could use fusion to defeat Lord Slug!”

“Dende... We are all non-warrior caste, Nail was the last of us. No single Namekian would suffice. Even with Piccolo’s great strength we would fall short.” Moori frowned, stroking his chin in contemplation.

“But not if he combines with the entire Namekian race. We can use the machines to lend him our bodies, just long enough for him to defeat Slug!”

Piccolo’s eyes widened and so did Moori’s. The other Namekians began to chatter amongst themselves at the very idea, it was obviously a controversial idea. Could the very weapon Slug had intended to use to flatten the universe really be used to defeat him? It was worth more than a shot.

“Do it.” Piccolo said, with conviction in every syllable. “Do it quickly, Rhea hasn’t got long left.” He nodded, blood freely ran down his face and he’d certainly seen better days, but right now, his urge to win had never been stronger.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:41 am

Rhea knew that it would not take Slug long to find her, but she still hoped she would have more time. When he finally uncovered her hiding place, he spat all sorts of obscenities about her Master at her. She had never heard anything similar in her lifetime. She did remember that kid Kenji saying something about Piccolo being defeated by a boy with a monkey tail, so perhaps Piccolo was guilty. Perhaps he had committed all the crimes Slug was accusing him of. True or not, it was not the Piccolo she knew, not the Piccolo she would rise to defend.

"You've never really looked into his eyes, have you..." - she spoke softly, more to herself than to Slug.

Rhea slowly rose in the air, a shudder passing through her from the pain. She stared down Slug directly in the eye.

"You haven't heard him talk, you haven't seen him live his life. There is not a person that respects and protects all life as selflessly as Master Piccolo! I don't know who he was, but I know who he is." - Rhea spoke, her voice trembling with anger.

"He is the one who will bring you down."

• Character profiles:

Last edited by Celeria on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:30 pm

“With our combined strength you will become the strongest fighter in the known galaxy Piccolo. But, you will have mere minutes before the fusion becomes permanent, and we are unable to separate ourselves from your form.” Moori said, as he ushered the whole Namekian race back into their pods. His voice was calm in the face of all of the insanity, and Piccolo could feel the wisdom of Guru bleeding into the Elder’s words.

“A minute is all I need.” Piccolo climbed to his feet, although the pain was intense and he was slowly losing consciousness, his drive to succeed kept him more alive than ever.

“Nobody should control such power Piccolo, and I cannot guarantee that you won’t be permanently changed from the experience. Are you sure you wish to proceed?” Moori moved in closer and laid a hand on the warrior’s shoulder.

“There’s no other way. If I don’t do something now, my entire race will perish. I’m the only one who can do this, I know that now. It’s not always this way, and most of the time there’s others, a whole team in fact. But this time, there’s just me and Rhea over there. And Grand Elder, that’s all we need.” Piccolo gave a half grin, his lips thinned and cracked, but the strength of his words alone empowered him.

“Very well, brother.”

Moori entered his pod, and within moments Piccolo felt the entirety of the Namekian race charging its ki. Slowly, each of them, the children, the workers and even the elderly began to fall away, melding into a single energy source that gathered traction faster than anything he’d ever felt. The power was torrential and impossible, and essence by essence it began to fill Piccolo’s being. At first he could keep up with the energy fluctuations, but in the pursuing seconds, the power that filled him was so gargantuan and unconstrained that he exploded with incomparable energy. The Namekian screamed out, his lungs first of all only allowing a meagre screech from his battered body. But the combined energy of the entirety of his race instantly healed his wounds, and his voice bellowed with the power of a hurricane, causing the remaining walls and de-stable structures to crumble under the volume.

The power finally meshed with Piccolo until the line between himself and the others was blurred and uncertain. A pure and dazzling white aura pulsed slowly from the new Namekian, rippling calmly like a lily pond. His skin shone with the glaze of an emerald, adopting a lighter tone than usual, and the whites of his eyes gleamed like the purest of light. What stood here now was not Piccolo, Dende, Moori or any other single Namekian. He was the prodigal son of New Namek, and the destiny of the Namekian people incarnate. And now, the entirety of Namek had come together as a single entity to do what it had never been able to achieve in singularity. This new being, with all of his might, would destroy the evil Super Namek once and for all.

In between where Rhea and Lord Slug stood in their menacing standoff, the new Namekian instantly materialised. His glowing eyes fixed themselves on the insufficient form of the maniac Slug, and then turned to inspect Rhea.

“Hang in there, kid.” He warmly smiled, his vibrancy lifting Rhea from both her fear and rage. Then, he turned back to a puzzled looking Slug, who could no doubt feel the depth of this new power just inches away from him. “You were talking about monsters?”
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:40 pm

As soon as she saw Master Piccolo, Rhea felt herself enveloped in warmth, safe and sound. All her fears and all her anger was whisked away.

"Master Piccolo..." - she said, smiling. Suddenly, he had so much power, he glowed as bright as a star. The light he radiated did not hurt her eyes, to the contrary, it refreshed her and soothed the pain from both her physical and mental wounds. He was a star of hope. To her, he always had been.

"Go get him, Master Piccolo." - she nodded, tears of joy in her eyes. She turned around and proceeded to fly away to a safe distance. She knew her part in this was over, all she had left was to continue learning from her Master. Rhea would watch him fight and memorize every move for later use. She swore that she would work even harder to make him proud.

Perched on a bare pillar on the far side of the auditorium, Rhea made sure her sore leg was comfortable so she could fully focus on the battle ahead. She sensed it would be a battle unlike any she ever imagined.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:40 pm

“W-What? You’re not Piccolo...” Slug recoiled and stepped back several feet. He clenched his fists in an involuntary act of rage and confusion.

“No, I’m not. I’m so much more than that, Slug.” The New Namekian’s eyes shimmered from warmth to fury at the sight of the evil maniac.

“You, you merged with all of them. But how? The machine was broken! That was MY destiny, and you stole it from me!” A sudden ki blast formed in Slug’s mouth, and the New Namekian became ground zero of a ferocious blast. The energy exploded upon impact, and the light from the collision drowned the entire room, eventually dulling and leaving a thick plume of smoke in its wake.

“That showed him-” Slug’s eyes gaped and his face became gaunt as he saw the impossible sight of the New Namekian stepping out of the smoke completely unscathed. “That was nearly my full power, that’s not possible...” He blabbered, stepping further and further back.

“In this form I can see all things; space and time, the turn of the universe itself... And you, you are so small, just a kernel of darkness that will be suffocated into nothing.” The New Namekian marched forward, his gaze ever stalwart as it fixed itself on Lord Slug’s expression of absolute dread.

“Stay away, I’m a Super Namek, the only one left!!!” Slug swung with his right fist, but the New Namekian caught it in his palm effortlessly. Then, without repositioning his glance, with little pressure he crushed Slug’s fist, causing it to crumble into a mass of flesh and bones.

“Uggggh!” Lord Slug fell back and clutched his fist in agony, but instantly retorted with a flurry of kicks. The New Namekian never moved, and instead blocked each manoeuvre with a single finger. Finally, when Slug stopped to regain composure, the warrior responded with a single high kick to the maniac’s skull. In an instant his body plummeted like a ragdoll into a mass of rocks and was buried beneath the growing pile of debris.  

After a moment the rocks exploded into dust, and Slug climbed from his ditch more enraged than ever. “I guess I’ll have to change my plans. First I’ll crush you, and then use the dragon balls again in another couple of months. I WILL have my wish one way or another.” He smirked, and quickly his body began to bulk, until he doubled and tripled in size over and over until he broke through the whole palace. Suddenly, the entire structure collapsed, and Lord Slug towered over all trees and structures on New Namek. Of course, the New Namekian knew this technique well; Piccolo had used it on Goku during the 23rd World Tournament, and it had imbued him with impressive strength. But this time, such a technique would prove inane.

“This is over!” The giant maniac swung at the New Namekian, but each swipe was repelled with a single fist. Size meant nothing in this battle, and only served to illustrate just how inferior the maniac had become. Then, the New Namekian sent a single telekinetic wave of energy at the giant, and like a baby learning to walk, he tumbled to the floor. The ground suddenly shook, as if it was the beginning of an earthquake.

“You were given chance after chance to reform your ways. The Namekian people, although peaceful, were in the end given no choice but to exile you. And in all those centuries you’ve stayed the same; cruel and unchanged. And what happens here, right now, is a consequence of your own evil deeds.” The warrior’s voice was sharp like a blade, and wielded the authority of the whole of Namek. It wasn’t enough to simply sentence Slug, but the maniac had to understand why he must be destroyed.

Slug slowly climbed to his massive feet and spoke. “Enough lectures, your words mean nothing. I am a god amongst my people, and I am the scourge that will make this world and the entire galaxy yield before me, bwahahahaha!” His laughter caused the oceans and even the valleys of New Namek to rumble. Finally, he lifted both of his hands and summoned a gigantic ball of pure golden ki energy. “Now it’s time to silence you, Piccolo.” The maniac snickered. “Any lasts words?”

“...I have just three.” The New Namekian smiled, and his white pulsating aura suddenly grew exponentially. His energy was like nothing this world had ever known, and the perfect expression of this power was in one simple phrase. “SPECIAL... BEAM... CANNON!” The New Namekian raised two fingers to his head, and they instantly ignited in a blinding array of light. Suddenly he pointed then in the direction of Slug and his blast, and as the maniac fired his ki attack, the warrior let free his cannon beam, which effortlessly cut through the larger blast and exploded into Lord Slug’s chest. Suddenly, the tyrant’s body glowed with an unnatural orange hue, and he began to cry out in intense agony.

“I can’t be-”

Lord Slug’s entire body ignited in a single instant, and exploded in a flurry of colours which lit the skies of New Namek as if dawn had come early. In that second, Lord Slug, greatest evil and tyrant to come from the planet Namek, was no more.

As the seconds passed, and the night time returned to New Namek, the New Namekian allowed the union of his people to fade. And one by one the entities separated until each and every Namekian stood before Piccolo as good and new as ever. Piccolo simply stood with his eyes closed, basking in the peace that had returned to this world for the subsequent moments. He drunk up the sound of celebrating children and merry elders and he allowed their joy to wash over him. Eventually he opened his eyes, and in front of him was his pupil Rhea. She had been here for him from the very start of this journey, and without her, the Namekian would have been unable to destroy Lord Slug and end his tyranny. But of course, Piccolo remembered that there was still something he had to say to his student, something he had found highly important to express.

“Thank you, Rhea. I couldn’t have done this without you.” Although the mighty Namekian often wore a warrior’s face which was stern even in the face of celebration, this time he smiled sincerely. Together, Piccolo and Rhea Reikon made one hell of a team.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Rhea had just barely managed to keep herself steady on the pillar due to the immense waves of energy that emanated from the two warriors. But in a display of sheer power, Piccolo had defeated Lord Slug effortlessly. No, it wasn't just Piccolo, Rhea realized when she saw the other Namekians running out, cheering happily. It was all of them, and they all gave their strength to Piccolo. She looked at him, hovering in the air, the sun reflecting on his emerald skin and his cape billowing beneath the violent winds. As she touched off the pillar, she began floating in Piccolo's direction, as if drawn to him instinctively. Looking at him, the moments of their first meeting formed in her mind. And then, each day of training, so many experiences, both arduous and wonderful.

This man, her Master Piccolo, had shown her a world she never knew existed. No, he made her a part of it. And Rhea never felt more happy to be alive.

He turned to her and smiled.

“Thank you, Rhea. I couldn’t have done this without you.”

Rhea grinned from ear to ear as she flew straight at him and locked her small arms tightly around his waist, nestling her bruised face into his soft robes. She then looked straight into his eyes, her own eyes tearing up.

"You did it, Master Piccolo! We did it!" - she exclaimed happily before burying her face in his chest once more.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Rhea exploded with glee and gripped onto Piccolo like he was the last being in the universe. His eyes widened and for an instant he froze in his tracks. He’d never been hugged before; even Gohan hadn’t gone that far. He had no idea what proper hugging etiquette was, as it was such a human tradition after all. After a couple of awkward moments, Piccolo finally looked down at the teenage girl squeezing her life away and meekly smiled. Gently, he patted her on the shoulders, until finally he awkwardly chortled and pulled away.

“I’ll let you have that one; we did after all just get the tar beaten out of us to save an entire planet.” He smiled once more, before broaching another subject altogether, something he knew Slug had confronted Rhea with. “What Slug said about my past Rhea, it’s true. I never told you because I never thought it was important.” He took a step forward and folded his arms, what he had done here today was an action that King Piccolo had never been capable of. And for that, he was immensely proud.

“King Piccolo was the name I was given from birth, but Piccolo is who I chose to be.”
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Rhea crossed her arms and pouted at Piccolo because he had just vanquished a mighty foe but chickened out of a simple hug. Her face turned more serious when he proceeded to open his heart to her. But he didn't tell her anything she didn't already know.

"I know that, Master Piccolo. I've always known."
- she nodded with a smile. "And I'm behind you one hundred percent." - Rhea gleamed with determination.

She then looked around, back down at the Namekians and then to Piccolo.

"So, uh... now what?" - she shrugged playfully.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Piccolo nodded at Rhea’s affirmation. Now that everything about him was out in the open, they could move onto the business of what happened next. He searched the celebrating Namekians until finally Dende appeared from the crowd.

“Piccolo, you did it!” He exclaimed, his face glowing.

“We did it, kid. All of us.” The warrior nodded.

Moori eventually emerged from the crowd and patted Dende on the shoulder. He released a hearty chortle and spoke to the small group. “If it weren’t for the might and bravery of you and Rhea, Piccolo, our people would be no more. And Dende, you too should be thanked for your role in bringing them here, and in devising the plan that would stop Lord Slug.”

“It is my honour Grand Elder.” Dende smiled, in him Piccolo saw the future of the entire Namekian race.

“Thank you Grand Elder. But there’s the simple matter of getting back to Earth. Me and Rhea were in the middle of a training session when you interrupted up...”

“...Piccolo, we used the Dragon Balls to bring you here, and they are the only means for you to get back.” Said Dende.

Suddenly, Piccolo realised. “And they reconstitute themselves every 130 days. Until then, the balls are inert.” He responded, remembering the laws of Namek’s Dragon Balls. Suddenly, Piccolo turned to Rhea. “I guess we’re here for a couple of months longer...” He huffed.

“Please, stay with us in the meantime. You know, when I stayed on Earth after that nasty event with Freeza, I played the most pleasant of games. What do you know of ‘Golf?’” Moori led Piccolo and Rhea back to town, all the while giggling and making merry. After all, New Namek would again live to see another day.
Back to top Go down
Gelth
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 pm

((Thread completed

PL reward:

Piccolo - 200,000

Rhea - 500,000))
Back to top Go down
Brokka
General