» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

The Slug's Domain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: The Slug's Domain   Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am

“Great Porunga, hear my call and my three wishes!”

The signature green sky of New Namek darkened, and a familiar shadow fell over the land, as a piercing energy erupted from the seven Dragon Balls and the Eternal Dragon Porunga came forth from the mist. Moori, the Grand Elder of New Namek, stood humbled before the great dragon, his face was sombre and full of doubt, and his body stood without resolute before the man he once called brother.

“What are your three wishes?” The great dragon spoke with incredible authority, as his words shook the very canyons of New Namek. Every single Namekian of the village was assembled, and they watched without jubilation, as their race was threatened anew, this time by one of their own.

“You must understand Slug, that there is a time to live and a time to die. You have walked this universe for many generations, and you have watched it grow and change. Your end is near, such is the way of all life. I beg you brother, accept it as I have, and as Grand Elder Guru did when he made peace with his mortality…” Moori preached in desperation, his eyes filled with melancholy as they gazed into Lord Slug’s aged face.

“Silence him!” Commanded Slug, and one of his soldiers delivered a strong punch to Moori’s stomach, rendering him immobile on the floor.

“Grand Elder!” Yelled Dende. He scrambled to approach Moori, but one of Slug’s goons held him tight. The young Namekian was forced to watch in horror as another tyrant abused the Namekian way of life. In this moment he hoped and prayed for the heroes who had come and saved the Namekian way of life from Freeza in the past. “Please, stop this!”

“And now I shall have my wish granted. The great Lord Slug, commander of worlds and one and only Super Namekian, shall return!” The tall and aged Namekian spoke out in the native language of the Namekians, even in old age his voice was shrill and commanded great fear. “Dragon, return my youth to me!”

“It shall be done!” Porunga’s mighty eyes glowed in a yellow hue, and as if by no effort at all, his old wizened form reversed, and again he became young, bulky and mighty. Everything about Slug changed, and he stood tall again, without a hunch and with a spring in his youthful step. He laughed manically at the wish he had been granted by great Porunga. Dende could only observe in complete horror as his worst nightmares were being realised.

“This is excellent! Truly marvellous. I feel great!” Slug yelled at the top of his lungs, as many Namekians around him winced with the sheer power of his voice. He spoke in Namekian again, “And for my final wish Dragon. Give me a great palace here on Namek. One so tall that even the aliens in space can see it. I want authority, I want a domain fit for Lord Slug!”

And simply the Eternal Dragon said, “It shall be done!” A palace sprouted from the ground like the wild fauna of New Namek. It crushed Grand Elder Moori’s temple and flattened the surrounding town. The palace grew and grew into the clouds, stretching for as far as the eye could see, until finally it fully formed. It was colossal, and appeared like a giant tumour on the surface of New Namek. Dende thought this to be a fitting comparison, as this world was sick. The return of Lord Slug heralded a great plague that was set to destroy all Namekians. Unless… somebody could help.

Shouting out with a small but resilient voice, Dende announced the last wish before Lord Slug could be given time to commit another atrocity. “Great Dragon, I wish for great heroes to come to Namek again. The type of heroes that can reverse what is being done here! Please!” Slug turned towards Dende, rage filled his young features. He placed out a hand and a small blast instantly send the child tumbling to the floor, barely clinging to life. But it was too late…

“It shall be done!” As the Dragon Balls raised high into the air and scattered throughout the world, they left behind New Namek’s bastions of hope. In a blinding flash of light stood two warriors. It was Piccolo and somebody else!

- - -

“Hya!” Piccolo extended his arm with the use of his inbred Namekian abilities. He clutched Rhea’s shoulder from ten metres away and dragged her towards him. His young pupil propelled towards him quickly, before he raised hi knee sharply and forced it into her stomach. Then he grabbed Rhea’s face with another hand and lifted her above his head, before flinging her to the ground beside him. Next, two of the Namekian’s fingers glowed with a purple flicker as he prepared the powerful Special Beam Cannon. Rhea probably knew that should he choose, she’d be fried in a second.

“Remember what I told you, distance from your target doesn’t mean safety. You're never safe when you’re in battle, and you underestimate your opponent every time you let your guard down.” Piccolo let the energy concentrated into his two fingers dissolve, and he placed his arm back at his side. “Believe it or not, you’ve come a long way kid. I barely recognise the little girl that I started training 6 months ago. But we’re not finished yet, you still have further to go. Don’t think a real opponent would be so easy. Remember what we agreed on. If you’re not sleeping, you’re training, if you’re not eating you’re training…”

As Piccolo spoke to the exhausted Rhea, he noticed the wilderness begin to shimmer. His eyes and ears picked up and he quickly scanned the surroundings as they morphed before his eyes. Everything seemed to be moving… “What the-” With instantaneous speed, the wilderness of Earth was replaced by a familiar green drenched planet. As the Namekian continued to look around in confusion, he saw a gathered crowd, and a familiar world. “New Namek?”

Last edited by Piccolo on Mon May 27, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri May 24, 2013 7:00 am

This training session was as harsh as any other, but Rhea felt herself slowly starting to get the hang of things in these recent times. It's been a long time she's been training with Piccolo, six whole months in which she not only went head-to-head with Piccolo's demands, but also graduated from high school. All that pressure, however, sometimes got on her nerves. Now was one of those times. She was down right tired of getting beat up all the time. So she was pretty pleased with her evasive tactics, until Piccolo extended his arm and beat the living daylights out of her, fingers pointed straight at her face, ready to unleash his most destructive attack. Luckily for her, he had let the energy he gathered dissolve into thin air. Rhea let out a heavy sigh and let herself fall to the ground below.

“Remember what I told you, distance from your target doesn’t mean safety. Your never safe when you’re in battle, and you underestimate your opponent every time you let your guard down.” Piccolo let the energy concentrated into his two fingers dissolve, and he placed his arm back at his side. “Believe it or not, you’ve come a long way kid. I barely recognise the little girl that I started training 6 months ago. But we’re not finished yet, you still have further to go. Don’t think a real opponent would be so easy. Remember what we agreed on. If you’re not sleeping, you’re training, if you’re not eating you’re training…”

"Yeah, and if I'm not going to the bathroom in the bushes, I'm training." - she closed her eyes and muttered under her breath. However, when she opened them again, there was something different that she couldn't quite place. Wait a second. The sky was a different color! Rhea sprung to her feet and grabbed her head.

"Piccolo, you gave me a concussion!! You heartless green... WHOA!"- Rhea jumped up into the air seconds before a blast of some kind of laser disintegrated the ground she had moments ago sat upon. Little could have prepared her for the sight that she came to behold. A tastelessly huge building in front of which stood a huge Piccolo, in front of which were some soldiers, one of which had some kind of gun that was still smoking. Then, in front of them were some more Piccolos in various shapes and sizes. The big Piccolo murmured something she couldn't make out and retreated back into his palace.

"The heck... HEY!" - three of the soldiers flew straight at her. Dodge, dodge, jump, flip, kick one, elbow two, uppercut three. One, two, three. Three craters in the ground. Damn, her head hurt.

"Just what is going on here, Piccolo?!" - although she had assumed it at first, this turned out to be far too random and sudden for some kind of test. She stared at Piccolo with blank and surprised eyes.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
http://monamiyamoto.deviantart.com/
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 am

"Just what is going on here, Piccolo?!" Rhea was just as confused as Piccolo, but her mind wasn’t quite as attuned to combat as his was. Piccolo immediately noticed a tall and imposing Namekian jolt into the sky and issue a command.

“My final wish! Idiots! Destroy this village a make an example of them all.” His voice was unwavering with rage. “And kill the two intruders.”

“Aye, aye!” A band of about twenty subordinates shouted in unison, as they began to charge on Piccolo and Rhea. They were humanoid in appearance, with completely blue skin and mock-Saiyan armour that looked more primitive. Piccolo quickly felt their power levels and sighed at the prospect of having to defeat them all. They were barely worth his attention, but the tall Namekian who seemed to by flying towards the large palace was another breed entirely. Lacking the time to further dwell on the situation, Piccolo turned to Rhea.

“Shut up, we’re in combat.” He then assumed a defensive position as five of the blue goons reached him. They flung a flurry of punches and kicks his way, but without breaking a sweat the warrior danced around them until they all lost breath. Then charging into the middle of the goons, Piccolo revealed a small grin and place both of his fists out either side of him, and spun on a 360 degree axis. The goons all toppled to the ground unconscious.

The Namekian could see that Rhea wasn’t having much trouble dealing with the situation herself. In fact she seemed to be doing quite well. He did however give an instruction every now and then to aid her , as was the way with student and teacher. “Rhea, watch your back!”

As another goon approached Piccolo he fired a wrist blast, but Namekian didn’t bother to dodge the flimsy assault, and instead charged through the plasma burn and kept running until he held the goon by the throat. Then charging high into the air, Piccolo stopped until they were at least one hundred feet.

“L-Let go-” the goon urged.

“Sure thing.” Piccolo dropped him and watched as he tumbled helplessly towards Namek’s surface. Using his telepathic power he reached out to Rhea.

“Remember the technique we practiced? Now’s the time kid.”
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 am

She got the heads-up from Piccolo. Right, so this wasn't a test. She would have to perform as well as she could. Rhea couldn't lie to herself, however - she was scared. She had no idea if anyone else would come at them. Also, she had no idea where she was. The thought alone filled her with terror. But she managed to keep herself collected by deciding to focus at one problem at a time. The formation. Got it.

Piccolo had already begun exacting the steps by engaging the goons in battle, gradually rising higher and higher into the air. Rhea floated without moving and immediately started gathering her ki. The fighters below had even forgotten about her. She figured it was because Piccolo was starting to have fun, leading the goons along, having them think they still stood a chance. Until some of them got some lucky shots. Rhea was confused, they weren't supposed to actually hit Piccolo. She eyed the situation desperately, looking for an explanation. Then, she noticed one of the goons attaching some sort of tube to his gauntlet and slowly beginning to bulk up, his muscle mass increasing doubly in mere seconds. Oh, damn it.

Rhea gathered her ki and flew straight down, running her knee deep into one thug's stomach and elbowing another who lunged straight at her, right into the chin. It occurred to her that they still might be able to do the maneuver.

"Come at me, bros!" - she exclaimed as she flew straight into the air. She was pleased to see about half of them follow. However, the other half was still going straight at Piccolo. Just as she was about to fly down again, she saw a silver energy erupt around Piccolo and realized that, in a flurry of punches and kicks, Piccolo had sent them all flying towards her and crashing into some that were already after Rhea. Now!

Rhea turned around while still flying upward, flung her hands over her head and charged all the ki she had been gathering.

"MASENKO - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" - she cried out as an expanding wave of ki crashed down upon the group of thugs, defeating them all in one raging torrent of energy.

As the last thug limply fell to the ground, Rhea lowered her hands and breathed heavily. She found herself truly hoping the thugs were unconscious. Only then did it occur to her - she had never killed anyone before. A wave of horror overcame her, but she managed to restrain it from flooding to the surface. Although her eyes swelled up with tears, the only impression she gave off was one of cautious focus.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon May 27, 2013 3:15 pm

These goons were surprising to say the least. They were weak and no match for Piccolo, but very creative. One of the goons activated some sort of pump that fed directly into his body, and in seconds he doubled in size, and send a barrage of energy blasts towards the Namekian. The blasts collided with Piccolo, and bit at his skin with a mild sting. It was nothing but a superficial strike, but the Namekian was impressed that they had made it this far. Soon after, Rhea led the goons into the air, before unleashing a powerful Masenko wave on the poor fools. In seconds the band of weaklings was flattened, and both Piccolo and Rhea returned to the ground to inspect the mess.

Piccolo towered over the bodies that lay flat out on the ground. They littered around his feet and all the way to where the Namekian villagers were standing. Speaking of the villagers, Piccolo noted how terrified they all looked, as if something beyond terrible had just occurred. He was very confused, but abrasive nonetheless. For all he knew, Freeza could have returned, or something equally as terrible (if that was even possible). Harnessing the part of him that existed as Nail, the Namekian was instantly familiar of many faces. Most notably, he noticed Moori, who was being supported to stand by two Namekian’s of large stature. If anybody could tell him what was going on, it was the Grand Elder himself…

“Rhea, stay alert. This is dangerous.” He knew that he was being brief, but there wasn’t time to explain the situation, and quite frankly, Piccolo didn’t know where to start.

As the two fighters approached the traumatised Namekian crowd, one of the goons clung to life on the ground before them. He placed out a hand towards Piccolo and Rhea and croaked, “Help me…”. Piccolo looked down at the stupid fool without mercy. He had been partly responsible for what had seemed to befall Namek, and now he wanted mercy? If Goku were in this situation, then perhaps he’d help the goon, but Piccolo wasn’t Goku. Piccolo placed out his hand slowly, and the goon extended his own to attempt to grab his, but before he could complete the action, the Namekian unleashed a blast wave of ki that roasted the fool’s head, and left it smouldering. He was where he belonged now, in hell.

“Piccolo!” Moori weakly exclaimed, his voice filled with horror.

“Grand Elder, what’s happening here? How did I get to New Namek?”

One of the Namekian’s supporting Moori helped him find a sizeable rock that he could sit on, before he responded to Piccolo. “It was Dende, the boy is very brave and full of spirit. He wished for heroes, and here you are. It is your lineage that probably prompted the dragon to choose you, and your bond with Nail, the last of the Namekian warrior clan.”

“…Dende” That name filled Piccolo with instant emotion. Memories from Nail’s consciousness flooded the Namekian’s mind. He saw young Dende as a promising young boy, on the crop fields of Old Namek with his siblings. They looked joyful as they played games and ran for hours. Nail considered Dende to be his closest little brother, he was protective over him, and thus Piccolo felt the same. “Where is Dende? I don’t see him…”

“Gone. Taken.” One of the Namekian’s said who stood by Moori.” His eyes looked heavy with anguish.

“Taken!?” Piccolo’s voice bolstered in tone as he felt a twinge of rage bite at his gut. Who had done this? He would get to bottom of everything.

“Lord Slug has returned Piccolo. The most hateful and feared of all Namekians…” The name brought with it a familiar feeling. Piccolo knew Lord Slug, but not personally. Perhaps he only knew of him? These were more memories of Nail that he could feel. Slug had been an exiled Namekian, originally cast out by Guru for his savagery and evil manner. “He was banished hundreds of years ago by Grand Elder Guru, him and other Namekians who proudly called themselves ‘Super Nameks’. They were cruel, and they killed those who they considered to be weak.” Said Moori weakly.

“Yes. I know.” Piccolo’s face ran cold, he was sure that if he hadn’t already been so green, he’d be turning completely white around about now. The loss of Dende, the return of Lord Slug, all of this was too much. Every ounce of Nail that existed in him was urging Piccolo to take action, to stop what was happening. He ached with sorrow at the thought of what Slug might be doing to Dende, but it was the rage that boiled through his veins the most.

“He is in the palace that he has erected for himself. He has no doubt taken Dende there.” Moori gasped, struggling for air due to the pain. “But I beg you Piccolo, and YOU, friend…” He spoke directly to Rhea, knowing no doubt that if she was in the company of Piccolo, then she was brave and capable. “Slug has other minions, stronger minions of his own creation. They’ve taken other villages around New Namek, and I can feel the pain of many of my brothers and children. They must be stopped first…”

Piccolo looked towards Rhea. She had never seen him this way, she had never seen him truly angry, but he was. Memories and emotions of Nail welled inside him, and thoughts of Freeza and his campaign to gather the Dragon Balls reminded Piccolo of the discomfort he had felt in watching his own people (no matter how estranged he had been from them) die at the hands of a tyrant. This was happening again, and he was furious.

“Rhea…?” He spoke only her name, but that single word asked a thousand questions. She no doubt was deeply confused, and had an opinion on all of this. Before they did or went anywhere, he needed to hear from his pupil.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue May 28, 2013 9:19 am

"Piccolo, I..." - Rhea began, but stopping at a loss of words. She was taken aback by the realization that she found herself on another planet, who knows how many light years away from her home. As many pairs of perplexed and frightened eyes stared at her, Rhea realized she had no one here, no one but Piccolo. But who was Piccolo? How much did she know the person she had spent half a year with, day in and day out? The answer she found was so little, that it made her shudder. Why again did she trust him with every aspect of her life? How did he manage to earn that trust of her?

Again, she felt her heart swelling with a familiar feeling. She HAD trusted Piccolo. She always had and always would. For all the trust she had given him, not once did he make her regret that decision. However, she did not know how to go about the situation. She had never been in an actual battle before, let alone planned the downfall of an apparent tyrant. Piccolo looked angry, angrier than she'd ever seen him. His eyes were different, though, they were somehow beckoning. She felt as if her opinion was never as important as it was now. And in that moment, Rhea set her doubts and fears aside, so she could finish her sentence.

"Piccolo, I... I'll follow you. I mean, I've never actually planned a battle or anything, but... I, I trust your judgement on this, so I'll follow in whatever way you'd have us approach this." She returned his gaze with hers - cautious, yet unwavering. Rhea wished for nothing more than for Piccolo to know he could count on her.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm

"Piccolo, I..." Her tone said it all. Rhea, the human girl from far, far away was perplexed. Piccolo could see from his student’s flushed face and wondering eyes that she wasn’t even sure where she was. He sympathised. "Piccolo, I... I'll follow you. I mean, I've never actually planned a battle or anything, but... I, I trust your judgement on this, so I'll follow in whatever way you'd have us approach this." The Namekian bowed his head lightly in the direction of Rhea, a more polite gesture than a simple nod. Nail’s consciousness told him that Lord Slug was a dangerous foe indeed, and quite possibly the strongest Namekian that existed. And for that reason he needed all the help he could get. He wasn’t simply settling for Rhea however, she had come far in the time that they had trained, and she was quickly becoming one of his greatest accomplishments. And Piccolo knew that it was the face of real battle that would shape Rhea into the warrior she would eventually become. The Namekian stretched out his long arm and placed a hand on his student’s shoulder as a sign of their comradery.

“Thank you Rhea, I won’t let your trust be taken for granted.” He shifted his attention to Moori and the other Namekian villagers. These people, these tired and fearful people were in essence Piccolo’s family. Although he had always felt like a loner and in some cases a stranger, he knew what had to be done. “Grand Elder, we’re gonna get to the bottom of this. First we’ll take out Slug’s minions, and then we’re going right for Dende. Don’t wait up.” Piccolo looked into the lime green vista of sky above and with effortless finesse, he fired into the air and used his senses to detect the nearest village that was being occupied by Lord Slug’s lieutenants. Of course, he was crossing an entire planet, so it would take some time to get from location to location. The first town was a southern town, and he could feel rapidly falling energy signatures. Piccolo’s transparent white aura raged around him as he crossed the New Namek skyline like a knife slicing through cream. Rhea followed closely beside him, and thankfully they would have time to talk before they arrived.

As Rhea closed the distance between the two of them, Piccolo spoke. “This is New Namek, the home world of my race, the Namekians.” He never turned his gaze to look at his student, instead he just continued to explain what could be explained. “And despite my outward appearance” He was of course referring to the green skin, fangs and massive ears, “the Namekian people are a race of pacifists. They value peace and prosperity. And this is the second instance in a very short period of time that something catastrophic on this scale has happened to them. I’ve witnessed both occasions…” Piccolo’s face was unwavering in its neutral expression, he felt grave emotion, but he was also a warrior and had control of such feelings.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri May 31, 2013 12:37 am

“Grand Elder, we’re gonna get to the bottom of this. First we’ll take out Slug’s minions, and then we’re going right for Dende. Don’t wait up.”

So they were going to fight. Which ever way it all went, Rhea knew she would be ready. She had to be. Soon enough, Piccolo darted off in the direction of the first village they would check up on. Rhea did her best to follow him in stride. While on the way, something rather unusual happened - Piccolo had opened up to her. For the first time, he gave her actual insight into what happened in his life while before he had given her only bits and pieces. But she hadn't imagined his story was epic in these proportions. Other planets, overthrowing tyrants. Rhea wondered what sorts of things she will come to encounter while staying at Piccolo's side. Piccolo opened her eyes to a world she didn't even know existed.

"Well, if you're a race of pacifists, then I say we'd better do what we can so the people can have peace." - She spoke to Piccolo, but felt she had no real understanding of these words. The only battles she had experienced were video-game battles. She had never even seen a person die until recently, and had no idea how to cope with that yet. Killing people? Her mind went silent. It's them or me, them or the Namekians, thugs or the peaceful people. Right. Within minutes at this flying speed, they were right above the village Piccolo had chosen first. She could tell something was going on below.

"Let's go, Piccolo." - she muttered as she let herself slowly free fall to the ground.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 am

"Well, if you're a race of pacifists, then I say we'd better do what we can so the people can have peace."

Piccolo sharply nodded, his eyes were still however fixed on their target, the small Namekian village that they quickly approached.

"Let's go, Piccolo."

Again the Namekian gave a cursory nod, before responding to Rhea.

“You took the words right out of my mouth kid. Stay close.” He descended from the sky with a gentle form, and touched down in the village without making so much as a sound. It was moderately large, for a Namekian village, with around twenty or so houses of residence. More interestingly than the town’s design however, was the lack of Namekian presence. Everything was silent, and the village was effectively a ghost town, but Piccolo could feel multiple energy signatures very close by. It was difficult to identify who these power levels could belong to, but at least two of them were very, large. The Namekian’s antennae adjusted to this novel situation, and they heavily scrutinised the surrounding area until finally they detected a sudden, and hostile movement.

From out of nowhere appeared an orange and grotesque beast, with long and extended bat-like wings. Piccolo recognised this kind of being instantly. The beast pursued Piccolo and Rhea without hesitation and fired rounds of ki blasts in their direction. Simply enough, the Namekian warrior dived into the air and avoided the majority of the projectiles, then used only his arm to deflect the remaining stray bolts. Quickly and elegantly, Piccolo returned to the spot that he had previously been stood in, and crossed his arms neatly together. The beast was capable of more than that, he could feel his large energy signature. Piccolo briefly looked towards Rhea, who seemed to be handling herself just fine.

“What’s wrong? Chicken? You seem to know how to run, but can you fight? Or are you like those other pathetic excuses for Namekian’s that Lord Slug has taken.” The beast’s voice was coarse and raspy, especially to Piccolo’s larger than normal ears. Its words bred confusion to the Namekian warrior, what did it mean by taken? Piccolo couldn’t seem to find dead bodies, that was for sure… but were the villagers being taken against their will somewhere? The warrior suddenly assumed a powerful combat form, and already he had weighed up the weaknesses of the big oath in front of him.

“So, which one are you? Slug’s jester?” Piccolo’s eyes wondered to the periphery of his vision, as he noticed more low level goons appearing from the Namekian huts. This town had been hijacked alright, and it made him damn right uncomfortable.

“I’m Wings. One of Lord Slug’s elites! Shut your mouth, or better yet, I’ll open mine!” The creature rammed his jaws wide open, and a purple explosion erupted from his mouth. The mouth blast quickly flew past Piccolo and headed towards… Rhea! The Namekian looked on in surprise, but before he could help his student, an army of goons were on him. The kid would have to remember her training, and fast.

Piccolo dealt with the onslaught with very little effort, and crippled the oncoming goons with an elbow to the stomach, a knee to the face, and a punch to the back of the skull. He could see however, that this battle was just opening up.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:57 am

As Rhea touched down to the ground, she looked upon the village around her with eager eyes. The houses, the outline - it was all so different. But... where were the people? Rhea felt goosebumps all over. This was really scary. She felt like she was in a horror movie or something. That was when IT appeared. By far the most hideous beast Rhea had ever seen. It was like a bloated gargoyle and its voice was the stuff of nightmares. "WHAT THE ACTUAL HFIL, PICCOLO?!" - she thought to herself. Gross, the thing was opening its mouth - she could see the slobber coming off razor-sharp teeth when- HOLY F-

Rhea was blasted clean off her feet. Her whole skin burned. Gathering her strength, she got herself off the beam as it crashed into a faraway hill, blowing it up in a thundering explosion. Damn. That wasn't very nice. She heard the monster laugh maniacally and at the same time, heard Piccolo fighting head to head with a group of thugs. Her face hurt and she could smell blood. The bastard. She'd show him what for. Surrounded by smoke, she erupted in flaming ki and jumped forward. First, she would make it easier for Piccolo. First, she disappeared only to reappear behind one of the thugs and deliver a precise strike to the neck. Another one lunged at her only for her to turn around and roundhouse kick him in the face, shattering his visor. The third one attempted a frontal assault. Rhea simply flung her leg forward and ran her knee deep into his gut. As the fourth one flew at her, she charged a ki blast around her fist and ran it straight into his face.

She heard the crackling noise of the fat gargoyle opening his mouth again. Not this time. She disappeared and reappeared in front of the beast as her aura went burning red, she cried out and ran a dynamite kick directly into Wind's gut, making him keel over and bite down on the ki he had been gathering. As the ki exploded, Rhea backflipped backwards onto the ground to avoid the impact. As her feet touched the ground, she immediately assumed a fighting stance. Rhea felt as if she'd had enough. If it's a fight they want, it's a fight they'll get.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:04 am

"WHAT THE ACTUAL HFIL, PICCOLO?!"

Piccolo had no time to respond to Rhea in the interim, he was too busy dispatching dozens of Slug’s goons as each and everyone of them lined up for the slaughter. Gormless fools flung themselves in the Namekian’s direction, almost as if they had no scope of the power disparity between themselves and Piccolo. Perhaps, Piccolo thought, this was why Lord Slug was so dangerous. He obviously had the power to send legions of fighters to their deaths, with only a command. Such patronage was dangerous, but the Namekian couldn’t help but be reminded of King Piccolo and the slaves that he had kept during his tyrannical rampage. The parallel was unnervingly accurate, and deterred Piccolo even if he thought on it for a single moment.

Distracted, the warrior had been unable to aid Rhea as she had been engaged by Wings. He looked on in caution as he saw rage and ki explode from his pupil. Now she was getting it. Piccolo cracked a smile as Rhea quickly rebounded from the attack, dispatching a great deal of the goons surrounding him, then delivering a powerful kick into Wing’s gut. Piccolo watched as Rhea somersaulted towards him and assumed an offensive position. He easily downed the last goon, forcing an elbow into the back of his neck, before he spoke to Rhea.

“That thing is Namekian. Well, sort of.” He said, his gaze constantly fixed on the keeled over monstrosity. “Nameks have the ability to reproduce their genetics to create perfect clones… children if you will. But we can also create this, a mutated creature with Namekian genetics. Don’t be fooled, it might share genetics with the Namekians, but it shares none of the compassion.”

“You dirty rat!” Wings shouted at the height of his gelatinous lungs in fury. “You’ll pay for that you worm. I’m going to enjoy roasting you little girl” He licked his lips sadistically, as the pain in his face became twisted pleasure, “Oh yes, I’ll feed on you and share the feast with my brothers-”

Wing’s sadism was cut short with a winding punch flat to the face. He recoiled in shock and looked on in horror at Piccolo, who had quickly extended his arm to put an end to the beast’s bravado. As his arm wound back to its normal size, the Namekian confronted Wings.

“How about you take me on, freak?” Piccolo goaded, attempting to draw the monster’s fire.

“Gladly. You’re not like the others are you?” Wings propelled himself into the air and settled on top of a nearby Namekian building. Piccolo followed suit and landed on the adjacent building from the monster. “You’re not as weak. You’re more like Lord Slug… You could join us you know, the fun we’d have… the havoc we’d cause.”

“I’ll pass. I’ve seen the destruction that you and others like you cause. But in the end you’re just a slave to a greater evil, there’s no honour in you at all.” The Namekian assumed his most trusted fighting stance.

“You understand nothing do you, Piccolo…” The monster erupted in laughter. Piccolo didn’t know what riled him more, the thought that Wing’s had heard his name spoken by Rhea and decided to use it, or that his laugh was so obnoxious.

“Then make me understand. What’s Slug doing with the villagers?” Piccolo frowned.

“You’ll have to beat the information out of me!” Wings fired towards Piccolo, and his stubby arms executed a flurry of punches in his direction. Piccolo instinctively dodged, as he did so, and the monster’s punches caught in the Namekian’s cape.

“I thought you’d never ask!” Piccolo raised his leg and performed a roundhouse kick, hitting Wings square in the jaw. Them he drove his fist into the pit of the monster’s gut, before bending him over his knee and burying his elbow into Wing’s back. The monster wretched and saliva sprayed like slime onto the roof, even with Piccolo’s strong disposition, it was revolting. Next, the warrior wound back his fist and unleashed a powerful uppercut into Wing’s chest, sending him breathless into the air above the village.

“Special beam…” The Namekian's fingers ignited at his forehead as he prepared his most deadly attack, but before he could execute it, a complication occurred.
“FIRE!!!” Wings gathered a surprising amount of energy in seconds, and rained it down on the ghost town. The blast resembled a sheet of energy that fell upon the buildings and scorched them until they stood at a couple of inches tall. Piccolo managed to construct an energy barrier that protected him from any energy fallout, but it was too late for the small Namekian town, it was completely flattened. The voice of Nail cried out in fury in his mind at the destruction of Namekian lands, but Piccolo silenced the conflict quickly. He quickly looked in Rhea’s direction, and to no great surprise, she appeared to be holding together.

The monster had just made one very large mistake, he’d made Piccolo angry. “Let’s make this clown talk. Let’s keep him alive until he tells us what Slug’s doing with the villagers.” He called loudly and clearly to Rhea, before sending another message telepathically. “Flank him, let’s give this guy a pain sandwich.”
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:47 am

As soon as the scuffle settled, Piccolo engaged the fat guy. After exchanging only a few lines, Wind made it clear that if they wanted anything from him, they would have to get it the hard way. Rhea found it strange how Wind didn't even try to avoid a fight. Oh well, his mistake - she thought to herself as a barrage of ki went straight from Wind onto the ground. Without as much as a flinch, Rhea raised her own energy and shielded herself from the blast. She then heard Piccolo's voice in her mind:

“Flank him, let’s give this guy a pain sandwich.”

"Got it."

Immediately, Rhea disappeared and reappeared right behind Wind.

"You call that a ki wave? Check this out!" - Rhea outstretched her arms and threw them back as an immense torrent of ki rushed out of her in all directions; she had unleashed a tremendous energy barrier that pushed Wind directly towards Piccolo, who met him head on. Literally. As the beast propelled back at Rhea, he attempted to charge a ki-blast, but Rhea roundhouse-kicked that idea off his mind. For a few solid minutes, Piccolo and Rhea were tossing Wind around. At one point, Rhea even asked herself if what they were doing was right. But then she remembered the faces of innocent Namekians who've had hell broken loose upon them once more and again had done nothing to provoke it. The knowledge of this strengthened Rhea's resolve.

But the task was only to press him slightly. Instinctively, Rhea stopped her advance as soon as Piccolo stopped his. They just observed Wind who was huffing and panting, bent over on the ground in front of them.

"So..." - Piccolo began as his lips drew into a grin, revealing his pearl-white fangs -
"ready to talk yet?"

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 am

Wings never stood much of a chance. Piccolo had been playing it easy all of this time, pushing his foe only ever so gently so that he could acquire the information he needed to put a stop to Slug’s scheme. The monster’s power level wasn’t entirely pitiful, admittedly, it was large enough for it to single-handedly be capable of capturing a whole town of pacifist Namekians, which is what made him so particularly dangerous.

Piccolo and Rhea had decided to use Wing’s limited intelligence to their advantage. Rhea had successfully flanked the overgrown bird and had fired a ki barrage at him that Piccolo could only be proud of. Then, the Namekian had successfully exhausted the monster’s energy and strength until he was running on nothing. After a few moments, Wing’s collapsed unabated, and panted on the ground. Piccolo dropped down next to the defeated creature and spoke.

“So… Ready to talk yet?” The Namekian revealed a sinister grin unveiling his fangs in the most menacing of ways. Wings looked back towards Piccolo and then at Rhea, he panted and remained silent. His face grimaced, even when entirely outmatched he wasn’t willing to betray Lord Slug, but he did seem to show signs of coming around to Piccolo’s way of thinking.

“W-Wait. Me and you we’re alike. We’re very capable see…” The monster nervously chortled and snorted, but Piccolo wasn’t having any of it.

“Quiet! I don’t want to listen to your lies!” The Namekian quickly raised his foot and slammed his heel flat between Wing’s eyes, sending the monster tumbling metres away.

“No please, mercy! I can be of use! I-I can serve YOU instead, and fight in the name of Pic-” The Namekian -now fully at loss of his temper- grabbed Wing’s by the throat and lifted him above his own head. He dug his talon-like nails deep into the monster’s flesh until it drew a purple ooze. He yelped under Piccolo’s touch and scrapped at his hand for release. The Namekian’s grip never relented and Wing’s mewling continued.

“Last chance worm.” Said Piccolo calmly, making use of the very same word that Wing’s had previously used against them. “What is Slug doing with the Namekians?”

“All right, all right, he’s… AHHHH!”

A ki blast erupted out of nowhere and scorched into Wing’s gelatinous back. Piccolo smelt the smouldering of fat and flesh as the beast fell dead in his grasp. Immediately the Namekian was on the culprit responsible for the monster’s death. There, standing by the rubble of a ruined Namekian home was a Namekian villager. He panted heavily with a hand out in front of him, as a bead of sweat trickled down his forehead. Whilst Piccolo wasn’t sorry to see the freak die, he was more than inconvenienced by this stranger’s timing. How had he managed to escape Slug’s goons? And where had he been hiding himself during the battle?

“That’s for my brothers you bastard!” The Namekian villager continued to pant, and Piccolo inspected him further. He was young he guessed, hardly out of adolescence even. As the older Namekian searched his memory he felt that the villager before him was familiar, perhaps a memory of Nail’s? Piccolo dropped the smoking corpse and spoke to the stranger.

“Your timing is way off.” He said sarcastically.

“I watched them all die, and then they took their corpses to that giant palace. Lord Slug is collecting the corpses of the people that stand against him like trophies. I couldn’t stand by and let the mayhem continue…” The villager lowered his blast hand and stroked his wrist and palm, he seemed exhausted. Was this Slug’s grand plan? He had come back in retribution, to watch all of the Namekian people die before him and his thugs? This all felt far too familiar to the Namekian, and it sent waves of discomfort through all 7 feet of him. The people of Namek had barely survived Freeza’s tyrannical onslaught, now this? Slug’s methods seemed even more brutal than Freeza’s, at least the last overlord had kept the townspeople alive until he had collected the Dragon Balls.

“How have you survived?” Piccolo changed the topic as he silently dwelled on Slug’s techniques.

“I’m stronger than my brothers. I’m Warrior Clan. But even a warrior class Namekian is nothing against Lord Slug. I had to use my ki to conceal myself in one of the houses, I stayed low until your fight brought the town down around my ears.” He paused for a moment and walked towards Piccolo and Rhea with promise in his eyes. “But I can help now that you’re here. Together we stand more of a chance, right?”

Piccolo looked at Rhea, the young Namekian had a point, but he wasn’t entirely sure. On the one hand Piccolo was of the belief that everybody had the right to fight for their lives, but on the other, the boy seemed young. Perhaps taking him to the next village was a good idea? That way Piccolo and Rhea would have a greater chance of preventing the deaths’ of more villagers.

“I’m Cello by the way…” Piccolo did indeed know the name. He prompted Rhea for her opinion of the situation…
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am

Rhea was surprised but also reassured by the appearance of the younger-looking Namekian. To her, they all still looked more or less exactly like Piccolo, but as she saw more of them, she began to notice subtle but visible differences. She then looked down at what was left of the monster called Wing and felt an uncomfortable wrenching in her gut. Up until this point, she had never seen anyone die before. Yet, in less than an hour, she had seen a dozen people die. But they were bad people, she reassured herself. Still, they were people - her conscience beckoned. She ceased the moral dilemma going on in her head, she would think on it when she was in the clear. For now, there were more lives to be saved.

"Uh, nice to meet you, Cello." - Rhea spoke to him with a half-smile, still visibly shaken from what had transpired on the planet. "I'm Rhea. And I think that's a good idea. Together we can cover more ground and cover it faster. If it's true that Namekians are being taken away, then we need to secure as many as we can so we can go save those who have already been captured." - Her expression went from slightly scared to serious as she finished her sentence.

Rhea slowly lifted off into the air and let herself pick up speed as she flew up.

"Something's going on nearby, I can sense it. Cello, Piccolo, we should go." - she urged, staring into the distance. All the while, there was an eerie feeling in the back of her mind that she couldn't shake off. She would have to strengthen herself, else she wouldn't be able to face what may lay ahead. There was no telling what the monsters who terrorized this world were up to. Up until now, she had only seen movies, read comics and heard stories of this kind. But now, when she was up to her neck in the horror of it all, Rhea mustered the strength from every fiber of her being, in order to make sure she'd endure.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:09 pm

“So, you’re Piccolo?” Cello said, closely tracing Piccolo and Rhea as they began on their journey towards the second Namekian town. Piccolo ignored his fellow Namekian at first, as he focused on the two large power level’s that seemed close together in the next village. Had two of Slug’s lieutenants attempted to kidnap the inhabitants of this town? Piccolo didn’t like any of this, nothing seemed to add up. Every memory he had inherited regarding Lord Slug suggested that simply murdering the Namekians was not his forte. The warrior snapped his head to one side in unkempt anger, as he further attempted to sense what was going on in the next village. Slug’s top dogs had brought more minions this time, there were dozens of them… where had he amassed such an army from?

“Is this a bad time?” Cello intercepted?

“Yes, I’m Piccolo all right.” Responded the Namekian eventually, still semi-focused on Slug and the greater scheme.

“I heard some of the other villagers speaking about you. You combined with Nail, didn’t you? You must possess amazing strength!” Cello seemed uncharacteristically gleeful, especially in the face of all of this mayhem. Piccolo frowned, perhaps the Namekian elders had filled the people with hope, restoring their faith with promises that Nail, in his new form would return to save them.

“It was some time ago now, but I combined with Nail because neither of us had a choice. He was dying, and Freeza held this world by the throat. We did what we had to, to try and prevent further bloodshed.” Piccolo’s eyes siphoned to a narrow stare as he focused on the horizon, as his brows lowered his turban fell lopsided. “This next town is larger, and I sense a bigger unit of Slug’s forces concentrated there. What does he hope to accomplish from all of this?” Said the Namekian, focusing on the task at hand.

“I thought that’d be obvious. He’s come back to rule over all of Namek. When he was expelled by Guru centuries ago, we knew he’d one day try to return and become king of all the Namekians…” The younger Namekian’s voice seemed to fill with malice at the mention of Slug’s history, but even that story didn’t seem to add up.

“None of this adds up.” Piccolo said bluntly, “I think you’ve got it all wrong, Cello. If Lord Slug wanted to be Namekian King, then he wouldn’t be killing all of his future subjects. He’s after something else, I don’t know what, but I’m guessing it’s not pretty…”

Piccolo bowed his head and looked back at Cello, the young Namekian pulled a long face, seemingly immersed in thought. Eventually he spoke again, “So what’s the deal with you then? Are you an Earthling?” He looked towards Rhea, who was flying next to him.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 am

Rhea just kept flying steady. As the wind waved her long brown hair wildly, she contemplated what would happen next. She heard Cello prodding Piccolo for questions - as a native, he was probably full of questions, just like she and Piccolo were. But she knew that now was not the time to ask Piccolo anything. She understood that better than anyone. Rhea too preferred concentrating on the problem at hand. She felt a slight tremor in her clenched fists. She looked at her hands as she flew straight. There were a few drops of a sticky violet liquid upon them, which she had very little doubt was in fact blood. She exhaled a heavy sigh and closed her eyes, letting the wind caress her face as she flew. She had to stay above this, she had to. Now she exhaled sharply and opened her eyes - they were approaching the second village. As they were drawing near, Cello had spoken to her:

"Uh, yeah. My planet is called Earth. Right now, I have no idea where I am or what I'm doing. But this Slug guy... I don't think he's bent on domination. Think about it, like Piccolo said, if he wanted to dominate, he would have his grunts forcing the Namekians to work the fields, or upgrade his palace, or do anything that would in some way help him establish an empire, right? So where are the workers? But he's not on a murdering rampage either. I haven't seen any bodies." - Rhea paused and stared at the ground that rushed beneath her.

"Whatever it is, it isn't good." - Rhea muttered as she picked up speed. "And I don't know about you, but the more I remain in the dark, the more uncomfortable I feel. So let's just step on it." - she said, continuing to accelerate and leaving a faint ray of ki behind her.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:42 am

Cello seemed bemused, Piccolo briefly looked back at the younger Namekian. Perhaps he truly did believe that Slug was attempting to rule over all of New Namek? Cello was young, naïve even, but he’d certainly proved his ability by surviving Wing’s assault, and perhaps even more tellingly, he had dispatched the mutant Namekian with a single blow. This was no normal Namekian, Piccolo guessed that Cello brimmed with potential, he even found himself dwelling on the past, and how warriors with Cello’s strength might have been able to prevent the destruction of the original planet Namek.

Within moments the next town was upon them. It was larger, the structures were more prominent and everything was built around a large river running through the centre of the town. Piccolo stopped in his tracks and hovered in the air. He folded his arms and sighed as looked down on the town. He could see Slug’s goons, a large contingency of them. And there! There were two Namekian villagers unconscious, being hoisted away.

“We should kill those soldiers, now!” Cello yelled to Piccolo, his voice seemed panicked. The older Namekian raised a hand however to quell the volume.

“No. We’re running on empty here. We need a tactical advantage, it simply won’t do to kill our way through Slug’s army. These goons are obviously indispensable. I say we watch until the villagers are in any kind of immediate danger.”

It sounded perhaps cold, and even brutal, but what Piccolo was saying was right. There were no corpses, and no trace of the Namekians in the previous town. If they were being brought to Slug’s palace then why? What did he stand to gain from holding them all captive? If he really was a Super Namek like the legends foretold, then he had no use for captives. Piccolo could feel something infinitely more sinister brimming below the surface. He just had to pinpoint what was going on.

“Rhea, you’re with me. Decrease your power level as much as possible. We’ll touch down behind that building.” Piccolo pointed at a small Namekian home, they would hide out there and observe. “Cello, you hang back, we don’t know what to expect yet. I’m here to defend the Namekian people, you included. If you see trouble, or it looks like we need help, you’re welcome to step in.”

“But-”

“No buts, you’re staying here.” And with that Piccolo decreased his power level and dropped down. As he landed behind the small building he listened intently. He heard few words, but they were useful.

“We need to make sure they’re unconscious.” One goon said, struggling to hoist an unconscious Namekian.

“If we lose anymore… or they’re not ready, slug will have our head!”

Ready? Ready for what? Piccolo hung low and traced the movement of the goons. He motioned for Rhea to follow.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:30 am

"Make sure they're unconscious? For what?" - Rhea mumbled silently.

She kept low behind Piccolo. Her eyes were focused on Slug's soldiers. She had no idea what was going on, but it didn't take a genius to figure out something was really, really wrong. They wanted the Namekians unconscious, but alive. They wanted to submit them, but they had to be gentle? What the heck was going on here? Whatever it was, it made Rhea's hair stand on end. For a while, she observed. But the way the goons were handling the bodies of those poor Namekians... it made her blood boil. It was a matter of time before she stopped caring about the greater scheme of things. She even stopped caring about Piccolo's step-by-step plan.

Rhea grunted. She felt sorry to disappoint Piccolo, but it was a choice she had to make. Obey her master, or come to the aid of those in need. Ever since Rhea first began training, that was her main priority, what kept her going - both through her own training AND Piccolo's.

"I'm sorry." - she briefly uttered as she powered up in an instant, exploding into a torrent of raging ki. Immediately, she disappeared and reappeared running her fist deep into the face of one of the goons. His face contorted into a disturbing grimace of pain as he fell to the ground.

"YOU. YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME EVERYTHING. YOU GOT IT?" - she yelled, shaking her fist at them.

They laughed. The entire contingency simply laughed at her. Rhea narrowed her eyes.

She disappeared only to reappear again over the bodies of the two unconscious Namekians. In the midst of the roar of laughter emanating from Slug's goons, Rhea raised her hand with two fingers pointed upwards, releasing an immense wave of ki from all sides. Her exploding wave knocked out row by row until the whole squadron was floored. She didn't go all out. No matter what, she wouldn't stoop to the level of those jerks. She would not kill. As the blinding light cleared, the entire contingency lay flat on their backs. Rhea carefully surveyed the battlefield. Most of them were unconscious, but the largest one began coughing loudly. Rhea was on top of him in an instant. Looking down upon him, she grabbed him by the collar and leaned in to face him. She had enough of this terror. She had enough of being terrorized by what was going on on this planet. She had enough of being terrorized by the unknown.

"Talk fast." - she growled.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 am

“I’m sorry.” Rhea’s power level exploded as she dashed off towards the contingency of goons surrounding the unconscious Namekians. Piccolo instinctively grimaced and gritted his fangs together. He extended a hand to stop Rhea before she could be spotted, but it was too late. As the young girl engaged the dozen or so blue-skinned troops, the Namekian was astonished by the cocktail of bravery and foolishness that she exhibited. Her actions harkened back to Goku and Gohan, two people that could never stand to see the suffering of others. A part of the Namekian still looked down on such short-sightedness, after all, the paragon archetype always tended to land everybody in the deep end pretty quickly. Piccolo had always preferred a tactical and informed advantage. Yes, it pained him to see the unconscious faces of his brethren, Nail’s spirit practically clawed at his mind for some kind of action, but he understood that if he found the motive behind all of this then he would find the solution. The advantage had been dashed now, and all that remained was a blubbering mess of fallen warriors.

The Namekian sprung from behind the building and propelled towards Rhea. She emanated intense rage as she threatened the downed troops.

“Talk fast.”

Piccolo frowned as he landed next to the human girl. The goons that were still conscious sniggered to one another. Piccolo found it difficult to see any comedy in this situation, in fact, it fuelled his rage exponentially. Lifting his leg, the Namekian slammed his heel down onto a goon’s dislocated shoulder. The goon screamed out in agony for a couple of moments until his comrades stopped laughing.

“You idiot.” Piccolo whispered to Rhea. “Don’t you see? We’ve just lost the opportunity to gain a real advantage. Now we’re still in the dark, they know if anyone of them talks, all of them die.” Piccolo’s heel dug further into the goon’s open wound, until the screaming became so intense that he blacked out. The soldiers that remained conscious stuttered over their words.

“Please, n-no. We’re j-just doing our job. We don’t know a thing, let us live…” The Namekian shook his head in disapproval. Quickly placing out a hand he summoned a single ki blast that singed the remaining goons to a pulp. The smell of smouldering flesh lingered for a while, but his main concern now was his unconscious brothers. It was unlikely, but if he could wake them, they could possibly shed some light on what was going on here.

As the Namekian approached his comrades, he immediately noticed their faces. His knowledge of every brother was ripped right from Nail’s memories. Except of course for the newer batch of Nameks that had been birthed after the destruction of old Namek, and Colly for that matter. He appeared to have no recollection of any of them. Lending on Nail’s memories was confusing at times, he found it difficult to separate his past times spent as Piccolo, and his times spent as Nail on Namek. Perhaps eventually he would no longer differentiate between personas, and he would see only one joined history. It was difficult to tell, right now being two people still felt raw.

Before Piccolo could get too close to the unconscious Namekians, two figures materialised in front of him. One was a large and orange horned creature, whilst the other was small, pudgy and green. They both grinned in Piccolo’s direction, but before he engaged them they quickly grabbed the unconscious Namekians and disappeared into thin air.

“What!?” The Namekian warrior stretched out a hand but it was too late. His anger exploded as his aura raged around his body, they were getting nowhere fast! Piccolo had to figure out what was becoming of the Namekians that were lost to that ominous palace in the distance, he needed to go there and put an end to all of this. After a moment he began to retain his cool, and his aura simmered. As he turned to approach Rhea, he saw Cello.

“They’ve all been taken I told you. We have to go to the palace, it’s the only way to stop Slug!” He sounded exasperated.

“It’s probably an ambush. They’re waiting for me to enter that place because they can’t take me by force like they did the others. I’m a Namekian too after all…” Piccolo folded his bulky arms and lowered his head. For a moment, a gust of wind caught under his cape, leaving it billowing for a time. “I can’t assure your safety when we go in there. You should go and find Moori and the remaining Namekians, you’ll be safer with them”

“No! I can fight; you’ve seen how capable I am. I’m warrior clan remember?” Cello clenched his fists and pleaded at Piccolo.

Strangely enough, Piccolo knew that the only warrior clan members that had survived the great Namekian cataclysm were himself and Nail. Cello must have been a child during Freeza’s occupation of the planet, and only recently matured into his role. After all, Namekians could increase the growth rate of their offspring in times of need, Piccolo himself had gone from child to adult in only five years after his conception at the hands of King Piccolo. Cello must have been young, younger than he looked. But something was still off…

“Rhea, the other towns or the palace, where would you have us go?” He was still agitated by his pupil’s previous actions, but she was still learning. Piccolo was sure that after the events on New Namek, Rhea would quickly develop her tactical skills.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Her master's words stung as much as she thought they would, but there was nothing she could do. She would brave tenfold more scolding rather than face another minute of that injustice. Although this might have been a step back, it was somethi-

Two more monsters suddenly appeared and snatched the bodies of the unconscious Namekians, disappearing as quickly as they came. Rhea was taken aback, she had never seen monsters like these before - and she had barely recovered from the last one. The girl felt her fear tightening its grip around her throat. Slowing her breathing, she tried her best to regain some composure. And just as Cello was urging Piccolo to head for the palace. Rhea herself felt it will surely be a trap, but she also saw no point to visiting more villages. She had an unsettling feeling in her gut that told her the other villages already suffered the same fate.

“Rhea, the other towns or the palace, where would you have us go?” Piccolo's voice broke her string of thoughts just as she had reached a conclusion.

"Neither." She soon replied. "I honestly believe the other villages were hit just as hard as this one already. And the palace is clearly a trap. So the best thing to do would be to approach the palace carefully, hide at a good vantage point, so we could see what's going on without getting noticed." Rhea only hoped this time she would manage to just observe. She knew that rushing headfirst won't help anyone at this point, so she made a decision to remind herself of that fact if she comes face to face with more innocents in harm's way. This can only end by stopping whoever is responsible. Rhea would stay her hand if only to get a chance to punch the said douchebag in the face. She then looked over to Piccolo, knowing full well he would make the ultimate call as to what they would do next.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Piccolo kept his arms crossed as he listened to Rhea's input. She was right, there was no point in scouting the other towns now, Lord Slug was already one step ahead of them. The Namekian closed his eyes and stretched out with his senses, he extended them across the whole of New Namek in search of life. To no surprise of course, he felt a great concentration of energy in the palace, and nothing more. That could only mean one thing, of course. Piccolo gritted his teeth and frowned, his rage seeped out through the corners of his mouth as he hissed angrily. They had Moori and Dende, they must have come back for them when Piccolo and Rhea had started their search across Namek. Matters were now far worse than the Namekian could have anticipated, and as a result something had to be done now.

"Good." Piccolo sharply nodded as he responded to Rhea with a cold demeanor. The kid was showing initiative of course, but she'd still lost them an important tactical advantage. The Namekian had to make it clear that if Rhea planned on being apart of the team in the future, she'd have to work with him, and not ahead of him. Piccolo turned to Cello, who appeared eager to get going.

"Does that mean we're gonna go save them all? All of my brothers?" Cello smiled, he looked older than he must have been.

"Wipe that smile off your face." Piccolo snapped, "Smile when we've got something to smile about. Right now the odds are stacked outrageously out of our favor, and I'm not too enthusiastic about taking a naive kid into battle either." Piccolo nodded his head in Cello's direction before continuing. "Our people are at the mercy of a tyrant, let's not forget that."

The Namekian dived into the air and blasted off into the sky, soon he was followed by Rhea and Cello. The journey was silent, but all the while the cogs kept ticking in Piccolo's mind. He didn't like what he had to do here, normally he'd have a larger team at his disposal. During the previous incident on Old Namek, he had been joined by Gohan, Krillin, Goku and even Vegeta. Now he had a newly trained pupil and a young Namekian. And whilst Rhea had developed her skills at an astonishing rate, she had never faced anybody like Slug before. Piccolo was concerned but resolute. He understood that the only way through this was the heart of the storm, and he'd been through that before.

The small party landed atop a large mountain formation south of the palace. Piccolo hunched down as he touched the ground. His eyes and senses could see everything. At the entrance to the palace, a squadron of Slug's troops were transporting inanimate Namekian bodies into the palace. He wasn't killing them, he was using them for something else entirely...

"I think that's my father and brother!" Cello half yelled.

Piccolo raised a hand to quell the sudden sound.

"Quiet, you have to keep your head. If you blow our cover now they could die right here and now."

"No way. You sit here all you want Piccolo, but I'm going after them!" Cello suddenly exploded with a fierce aura and catapulted towards the palace. Piccolo grimaced in rage before allowing his own energy to erupt around him. He had to follow Cello, it was too much of a death trap to go alone.

"Damn him! Rhea, with me."

The Namekian bounded towards the palace doors, all the while he sensed a grave darkness within.
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:45 pm

As soon as Rhea managed to calm down and act according to plan, Cello suddenly exploded in fury, forfeiting sense for vengeance. Rhea couldn't really blame him, even though she was suddenly scared of what would happen next. Cello had to watch his people get bullied around by monsters, it couldn't have been easy on him. But now, all three of them were running into the unknown.

While she ran toward the palace door, her eyes were locked on Piccolo. He was running in front of her, arm outstretched, as if he were ready to block any incoming attack that might come at her. She wondered if he was actually aware of it, if he protected her consciously or not. Rhea was sure about one thing, though - she would protect Piccolo and his people consciously, willingly. The way she saw it, she had only two choices - to give in to her fear or to swallow it for the sake of innocent people, what she had trained for even before she met Piccolo - to protect those who couldn't protect themselves.

Despite her best efforts, the pounding of her heart rose to her throat. She took a quick look around, desperately scanning for potential threats. Still, she didn't manage to spot anything. There was no doubt that the real threat was inside the palace. The last thing Rhea wanted was for them to enter through the main gate of that ominous-looking place, but the closer they were, the more she realized they had no other choice.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Piccolo and Rhea entered the towering palace with haste. The Namekian crossed the threshold without any consideration for his life, his only concern was getting to the bottom of this tireless game of riddles. As master and student entered a hallway, they became immediately aware of the darkness, and the absence of any particular life or even design that the interior of the palace had. Piccolo kept up a running pace as he traversed the large hallway that dispersed into several smaller passages. After a while the running slowed to a jog, and after an even further period of time the Namekian found himself walking calmly. Nothing appeared to be here, everything was black and void. Cello seemed to be gone, as if the palace had swallowed him into its bowels. The Namekian frowned, he now understood why Slug was so feared. The mystery that surrounded him was unimaginable, even in the centre of his trickery, the warrior found himself eluded. It was clear now that Slug was not just powerful, he was devious, and cunning.

After several moments of walking through the thin dark passage, the hallway opened up onto a large auditorium. Piccolo paused at the entrance and immediately became aware of hundreds of pods dotting the parameters of the massive room.

"Piccolo, Rhea, help me please! They've got me..." The voice of Colly screamed out, seemingly in agony.

Piccolo remained static. His superior hearing skills picked up a lack of increased vascular activity coming from the sound source. There was no frantic breathing or increased heart rate, Colly wasn't in danger at all.

"Piccolo, follow my voice, please, before it's too late!"

The Namekian entered the large area with Rhea following closely behind. As he looked at the many pods enclosing around him, he saw the unconscious bodies of every single Namekian on the planet. None of them had died, they were all suspended in some sort of unrecognisable technology.

"PICCOLO! AGH! Come closer!" He voice descended into what sounded like pure fear, but Piccolo finally understood everything.

The Namekian approached a single pod in particular. He'd noticed this one not long after entering the room. Again, Rhea remained close by his side, and even she would no doubt be enraged by the sight of this. In the metal pod, attached to a consortium of wires and steeped in a unknown gel-like substance, was no other than the child Dende. The Namekian released a heavy breath through gritted teeth. Nail's consciousness flared in his mind, until only one outcome became viable. It was clear now that Piccolo's strings were being pulled all along...

"Why didn't I remember Cello before, if he was of my own race?" The Namekian extended his hand and pressed it flat against the thick glass of the pod. Dende's body heat still radiated through the machinery, he was still alive, this at least was good. He slowly turned towards Rhea.

Rhea's observant eyes widened, the cocktail of fear and intuition formed a powerful image of his student that lingered in the warriors mind.

"Piccolo... t-these monsters... they knew where every unconscious Namekian was... Then w-why didn't they take -him-?"

Piccolo briefly closed his eyes and sighed. The answer had been in front of him all of this time, and he had refused to acknowledge it. He possessed intimate knowledge of every Namekian alive because of Nail, a trusted guardian of Guru, and brother to all who lived on Namek. The Namekian had not recognised Cello not because he hadn't been fully synced with Nail, but because Cello was a simply fallacy.

"There is no Cello kid, there never was. We've been tricked... Drawn into the Slug's Domain, right where he wanted us... Me" Piccolo said, correcting himself. Finally his eyes traveled to a large throne in the centre of the auditorium. All of the pods of the chamber appeared to feed from metallic cables into the large throne, as if they were communicating directing with who was sat upon it. As the Namekian scrutinised the throne, he saw the culprit. There was Cello, sat comfortable at the centre of his monstrosity.

"Very good! Bravo! Bwahaha!" He clapped, as his hands collided the sound resonated throughout the auditorium like barges breaking down stone walls. "Oh you are good aren't you Piccolo. Shame you're not that good, or you would have avoided my little game altogether.

Cello slowly stood up and a grin formed on his young face. Slowly he began to transform before both Piccolo and Rhea's eyes, until finally what stood before them was no other than Lord Slug himself. His laughter continued and so did the clapping. "Your faces, you should see your faces! It's priceless bwahaha! You're too much, you crack me up!"

Piccolo's glower fell away until his face was a blank canvas. He wouldn't give his enemy the satisfaction any longer. He looked towards his pupil and saw her outrage and fear. In a sense, the Namekian was regretful that one such as Rhea had to see this side of the universe. Deceit was never easy to learn.

"I'm sorry Rhea." He uttered, his simple words making clear his regret at placing her in this seemingly hopeless situation.

Suddenly the large orange and small green minions materialised by Slug's side, they grinned in a similarly smug fashion to their master. But Piccolo was about to wipe away any and all signs of their gratification, he would make sure of it!
Back to top Go down
Celeria
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:00 pm

So it was him all along. Rhea took a step back towards Piccolo, clearly overcome with fear. She was young, she was just a trainee and here she was, in a room full of monsters. The Namekians were clearly a powerful race, judging by her master's example. And here they all were, subdued in pods, strewn across the floor. Despite her best efforts, her arms and legs wouldn't move. She looked on in silence at the creatures on the other side; they were leering at them, drawing closer with every moment. It was a matter of time before they would attack.

Piccolo's voice then broke through the chilling silence. He said he was sorry. For all the time that Rhea knew him, Piccolo had never really expressed his emotions. I guess this meant they really were in for it. Rhea looked at him for a few moments and the anger in his eyes only made her more afraid. She could tell he was scared too, she could bet on it. In that moment, Rhea knew that, for the first time, she would have to be the one who keeps them firmly on the ground. She had always believed that she would use her skills by protecting those who couldn't fend for themselves. But Rhea now learned there is more than one way to defend someone.

Suddenly, her fear had dissipated, as if it were whisked away by a cool summer breeze. Rhea tightened her fists and rolled her shoulders back, assuming a defensive stance. These monsters would not get the better of her or Piccolo. They had trained way too long and way too hard to surrender to ugly space bullies.

"I'm here, Piccolo. I'll fight with you. I'll be here with each step until we take down those bastards and free your people. I promise you, Piccolo... we'll save them all."

Rhea focused her energy and readied herself for the attack, all the while keeping in mind that she had given her word. She thought about the idea of giving her last breath to free the Namekians... or anyone that might need it. For a moment, she thought that she might have to sacrifice herself. But, as noble as they are, sacrifices hurt, they make people cry. So instead of thinking about sacrifice, she would do her all so that no sacrifices would be made. Most of all, Rhea loved happy endings. And she would make sure the Namekians got theirs.

• Character profiles:

Back to top Go down
Piccolo
Z Fighter
Z Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:12 pm

"I'm here, Piccolo. I'll fight with you. I'll be here with each step until we take down those bastards and free your people. I promise you, Piccolo... we'll save them all."

Piccolo was bursting at the seams with fury, as his rage literally threatened to spill out and render his outwardly tranquil appearance false. But as Rhea trembled in fear, and spoke her words of encouragement to her own master, Piccolo instantly smiled. He quickly turned to face his pupil and lightly nodded to her. It was a sign of affirmation, a symbol that she was meant for this after all. In his time as a warrior defending Earth, and sometimes even the whole galaxy, the Namekian had only ever encountered a few warriors who would battle in the face of adversity, and this girl was one of them.

“How touching you little squirt. Do you know how hard it was for me to listen to your sentimental crap when I was disguised as Cello? I would have killed you both right away if I didn’t need you Piccolo.” Slug bellowed out an insulting laugh as he sauntered from his throne slowly towards Piccolo and Rhea. He stopped before getting too close however. “Don’t you wanna know what they’re for? All of these Namekians in these beautiful tanks?”

“You’re a fool if you think I care about why you’ve done this Slug.” Piccolo involuntarily clenched a fist. “I’m just here to stop you and free my people.”

“OH, I’ll tell you anyway, it’ll be good fun!” Lord Slug beat his own chest playfully with both hands. His minions laughed along with him, they remained by his throne all the while however. Piccolo instantly recognised this as a sign that the throne was more than just a receptacle to contain Slug’s ego, it was significant to all of this. “Why would I, a great Super Namekian, come here to rule these weakling fools, hm? Don’t make me laugh.”

“Well, the humungous castle and throne seems to imply something of that nature.” Piccolo grinned teasingly and lowered his brows until his glower siphoned in on Slug.

“This is the sight of my ascension of course! It has to be grand for what’s to come. I can’t wait to see your faces when you find out, both of you!” Slug jumped up and down on the spot manically. He was completely insane; it was as if the words coming from his mouth were completely disconnected from his actions. Piccolo now understood why he had been exiled all of those centuries ago. “It’s the pods, don’t you see them? Didn’t I tell you they’re wonderful? They’ve incapacitated the whole Namekian race, and they’re forcefully breaking down the consciousness of every Namek. Soon they’ll be walking canvases, and I’ll be able to do whatever I want with them. Think of it, I could paint them all blue and form a traveling circus!” His laughter became more sinister, as his sharp Namekian fangs protruded over his lower lip.

“You want slaves…?” Piccolo huffed, such a thing was nothing unique, regardless of the means he was using. Technology or no technology, he was just another tyrant.

“Oh think outside of the box Piccolo, don’t send me to sleep!” Slug teasingly closed his eyes and dipped his head to one side before beginning to snore. Suddenly he sprung to life again, his personality was pure electric eccentricity. “No, no, no! Think, THINK! we’re Namekians, if we choose to we can sync our bodies into a single form to become significantly more powerful. Imagine if every single Namekian on this world decided to combine into one?"

"They never would..." Piccolo said through gritted teeth. So that's what the machine was for, and that's why everyone was still alive. Slug was about to conduct his own unique brand of genocide!

"That's the beauty of it! They have no freewill, not for much longer anyway. And when I sit on that throne I'll be able to... You guessed it..." Slug raised his hands and began childishly giggling into his palms. "Forcefully combine myself with all of them. Think, a single Namekian comprised of an entire species, the power, the might, the greenness!"

Piccolo looked towards Rhea, his thoughts were running away with him as he contemplated what to do next. What Slug was proposing was completely insane, but he was mad enough to try it. If that was what the technology really did, then his power would be unrivaled throughout the galaxy. The Namekian only needed to recall just how much more powerful he himself had become when he had combined with Nail. What type of being would Slug become if he consumed every living Namekian? It was simply too terrible to consider, this had to be prevented at all costs!

Piccolo suddenly remembered that none of this would make any sense to Rhea, she was unaware of the innate Namekian ability to sync bodies. Rhea suddenly spoke, her rage broke the psychotic undertone of the moment.

"How about I forcefully combine my fist with your face, you crazy green bastard!! Uh... no offense, master Piccolo." Her confidence culminated by the second, Piccolo nodded in her direction. Piccolo was about to do just as his student had suggested.

"The fire!" Slug placed both of his flat palms out and playfully retracted them quickly, "ouch!" He teasingly blew on mock scorch marks on his hands. "Make sure that Human has a collar on Piccolo, he's like a little inferno! Or is that a she? I can never tell with these gendered species..."

"Enough games Slug!" Piccolo finally bellowed at the height of his lungs. The Namekian reached for his turban and flung it to the ground. As it hit the floor it cracked the tiles instantly. Next he removed his cape, it was heavier and created fissures across the ground. Piccolo's energy level sharply rose as he assumed an offensive stance. He'd need every benefit he could get to defeat this bastard, and being free of his weighted clothing was the first step. "I used to be like you." Piccolo spat with disgust, "always occupied with gaining power and ruling everything. Thankfully I changed before I could become a monster. But it's already too late for you Slug, and I'm here to crush you."

"My antennae are shivering!" Lord Slug held his large hands close to his chest and continued to mock Piccolo, finally he ended the games. "Commander Zeeun, Medamatcha, kill the human boy!" The tyrant's face fired forward as he glared at Piccolo. "And I'll deal with you personally!".

The two minions suddenly disappeared, no doubt utilising super speed. Rhea would have to defend herself quickly! Similarly, Piccolo found himself with little time to react, as Lord Slug moved with speed he'd seldom seen...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Slug's Domain   

Back to top Go down

The Slug's Domain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next