» The Darkest Star
Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 pm by Brokka

» The Slug's Domain
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:47 pm by Brokka

» The Mission.
Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:15 pm by Celeria

» A Shriek in the Darkness.
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:44 am by Celeria

» What? Even The Doctor Has an Origin Story?
Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm by Gelth

Most active topics
To Kill a Legend
Outbound
The Slug's Domain
Little Training Jam - Okara
The Game Plan
Analyse This!
The Doctor Will See You Now...
From Out of the Cold
The Mission.
The Darkest Star

Share | 

A Slither of Cold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Cold
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: A Slither of Cold   Thu May 23, 2013 10:35 am

“Sire, Lord Freeza’s vitals are highly promising. His living body has accepted the augmentations without issue. Now, because of the technology that has been implemented into Lord Freeza’s body, we can guarantee that he will be much faster, stronger and more agile than before. Your son will once again stand by your side as the unopposed-”

A polite giggling interrupted the lieutenant in his tracks.

“-He will rule again… Sire.” The lieutenant bowed and a clenched fish rested against his battle armour. Although confident, King Cold could hear the fear running through his lackeys voice. Every other word or so his vocal cords strained, and his voice heightened in pitch and lost its authority. This was the usual response when dealing with a member of the Cold family, and most importantly, it was the wisest response.

“Very good, this pleases me Lieutenant. Only the best for my Freeza, we can’t have him running at anything less than 1000% percent efficiency now, can we?” Cold continued to giggle through a smug grin, the possibilities of these new enhancements had already colonised in his brain. He currently had no idea who had been responsible for the defeat of his dearest son in battle (as impossible as he had previously thought that to be), but King Cold was sure that the changes he had sanctioned would reverse this perverse series of events entirely.

“We will fight vigilantly to get to bottom of what befell Lord Freeza Sire.” The lieutenant withdrew through the dark corridor of the ship, disappearing from sight entirely. Cold stood in the large circular bridge, surrounded by the cloak of darkness, only illuminated by the various switches and buttons that lit up at the command centre around him. This was his empire, here he was the supreme ruler of all. If he said ‘jump’, subordinates said ‘how high?’. His authority was absolute, and he had laid waste to thousands of worlds that had defied him and his family in the past. And it would be no different today, he was certain. For whoever was responsible for this personal embarrassment would be met by a torrential vengeance that only a member of the Cold family could execute.

“Captain, prepare the medical room, it is time that my son was reunited with his dear father.”

- - -

As Cold walked through the ship, his presence was met by silence and reverence. His people were anxious, and unnerved. They wanted to impress him by resurrecting his son, yet they also were afraid of what Freeza might do when he awoke. Their fear was amusing but necessary. Each and every one of these puppets were expendable, and should he see it that they were no longer useful, they would all be discarded. In fact, King Cold had contemplated a ritual murdering of a few crew members very soon, just to refresh the concept that he was absolute ruler of the galaxy in their minds.

As he entered the medical room, a group of doctor’s and technicians lowered their heads in submission. The head doctor (a sentient bird-like creature) addressed Cold with more confidence than the others.

“Sire, Lord Freeza is ready to wake. He has been here for many months, so I suggest that he is careful not to-”

“Silence! My son is powerful. Freeza cannot be beaten. This is just a minor setback. We will get to the bottom of this doctor, very quickly, father and son together. Do you understand?” His grimace transformed to a light smile that came with it a distinct Cold-ness.

“Of course sire. But there is something else before we wake him…”

“Something else? You better not be wasting my time doctor, your predecessor made the same mistake.”

“Of course not my King, you will be most interested in this.” The doctor showed Cold a small computer screen that was attached to his wrist. The display quickly activated, and what the King saw was most surprising indeed. Both of his large eyes widened, and he exhaled deeply. This was most important news.

“Perhaps your first mission together again as father and son could be to investigate this transmission Sire?”

“Yes, yes indeed.” Slithered King Cold, as insidious thoughts flooded his mind. “Wake him, wake my son.”
Back to top Go down
Lord Frieza
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Mon May 27, 2013 8:46 am

Despair. Agony. Defeat.

Then pain. Blackness.

And suddenly - sound. The sound of machines. Breathing became easier. It was a matter of time before the machines brought back consciousness. His fathers voice. The voices of meaningless peons scurrying about like rats. It made him furious, he demanded SILENCE. He could not count the times he fantasized about blowing up this entire theatre of absurdity into oblivion. But his broken body stayed his hand. For the only thing that was stronger than his hatred, was his thirst for revenge. But these were troubling times, he realized. Times that had brought him to shame. His entire being burned at the thought of how shamed he was. He wondered if he could still call himself by his own name. What he had decided was to keep his name, but to change his modus operandi. His enemies are barbarians, rotten and notorious. He would purge the universe of their filth, one at a time. How he would go about it, he did not know. He decided to take things one at a time.

“Wake him, wake my son.”

The first step was to get away from this dreadful racket. His crimson eyes flew open and he was in a seated position and on his feet instantly. To the stunned and shocked faces all around him, especially that of his father, he gave a curt reply.

"I've been awake for longer than you think." - he spoke in a low and raspy tone.

Instinctively, he waved his tail. There was a subtle mechanical noise. He looked down upon himself to the discovery that the greater part of his person had been completely mechanized. He was a new being, a new race. Perhaps more superior than he had been, if such a thing is possible. Entranced, he walked to the large circular window in the corner of the chamber and looked outside at the universe unveiling itself before his eyes, offering itself to him with beckoning delight, like a well-trained courtesan. The sight had restored much of his wounded pride. Without a word, he made a sharp turn and proceeded out of the chamber, stirring many a frightened whimper. When he reached the door, he made a half-turn and addressed the entire chamber.

"Reports. I want to know everything. And mind you, I am not feeling particularly patient." - Frieza growled under his breath before stepping into the hallway, the automatic doors sliding to a close right behind him.
Back to top Go down
King Cold
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Fri May 31, 2013 12:37 pm

"Reports. I want to know everything. And mind you, I am not feeling particularly patient."

The subordinates scrambled to all of Freeza’s commands, they followed him tirelessly as he left the medical bay and entered the bridge area of the ship.

“Yes Lord Freeza. Of course not Lord Freeza. As you wish, Lord Freeza.” It all warmed King Cold’s heart, his son was restored and his family was again completed. He felt great pride at the accomplishments of the doctors, and marvelled at the intricacies of Freeza’s new design. Of course, amongst the many pleasures of his son’s return, Cold felt bitter anger and resentment regarding his failures. Someone, somewhere had done this to his favourite child, and only mere moments before had he been given an inkling as to who all this could be connected to.

Cold moved through his ship with great authority. He towered over his subordinates, and stamped through the hallways with absolute power. The bridge doors hissed open as he entered the main area of the ship, and he sharply clicked his fingers.

“A drink for me, and my son. This calls for a celebration.” In seconds a nameless servant appeared with a tall wine glass, half filled, just the way Cold enjoyed it. Soon the servant appeared before Freeza with a similar drink, before disappearing into the shadows of the ship again. “Leave us, everybody. I require a private moment with Lord Freeza.

“Yes Sire.” The slaves left in seconds, and did so without sound. King Cold chuckled at their manner, and raised his fingers to muffle his rather rude response.

“And here you are, in all of your majesty. My son, reconstituted at my side once again. I was beginning to think that I would have to invite Cooler into my inner circle instead.” Cold mused, a slithering grin now wide on his face. He appeared next to Freeza, and stood beside his son as they both looked out into the infinite vista of space. It was reassuring to remind himself every once in a while that everything out there was his and his son’s by birthright.

“What happened Freeza?” The King’s tone became serious and flat. He was accustomed to pleasantries, and he was pleased to herald the return of his son, but this embarrassment was not acceptable. Cold took a sharp sip of his drink, and let the taste linger on his taste buds for a moment. “Why were you there, on Namek - who did this to you?”
Back to top Go down
Lord Frieza
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 am

Frieza wasn't surprised that his first minutes of consciousness would be weighed down by his father's usual tiresome speeches about how he loved him oh so greatly and preferred him to the good-for-nothing waste of flesh that was his beloved brother. The universe quite obviously hated him today. The thought made him smile. He would send the universe running for its life soon enough. But first things first. He picked up the glass of wine brought to him and held it softly within his mechanical hand. The glass made an odd clinking sound within his palm. He didn't pay much attention to it and instead downed the glass in one gulp, picking up another as he made his way to the spherical observation deck in his chambers.

“Why were you there, on Namek - who did this to you?”

Of course, now he would have to get to the unpleasant stuff. Indeed, his father liked nothing better than goading him about his failures. But Frieza had decided to deny him the pleasure.

"You see, father... " - he began leisurely - "... out there in the backwater of space I discovered I had a penchant for self-mutilation. I stood by calmly as I allowed my enemies to draw the power they needed to destroy me. But, heh, it appears that even I am unable to destroy myself." - he muttered, staring keenly into his glass with a radiant smile on his lips.

"I had a lot of fun, you see. But now I've gotten bored of it and it's high time I put my toys away."

Within moments, the console in his chambers beeped, much to his satisfaction. The technician in charge immediately brought the messages on screen. The report consisted of various intel describing PTO movement within the fortnight. But little could have prepared him for what he was about to find. He heard the sound of crushed glass and liquid dripping on the cool metal floor. He had not only been humiliated by a Super Saiyan. He had been duped by a mere commoner. Frieza began gritting his teeth as a low growl reverberated in his throat. What angered him furthermore were reports detailing that the good-for-nothing prince Vegeta was spotted in a nearby quadrant. As for the mongrel whom he'd rather not name, he was well and fine on a planet called Earth. A rather lovely planet, he mused, that might fetch a superb price on the intergalactic market. Thoughts of business calmed him down almost instantly and he was soon ahead of the game once more.

"My, my... " - he whispered, keenly eyeing the holographic display. "We've got so much cleaning up to do." - his smile widened at the prospect.

"But where to start?" - he asked himself playfully. "Ah, I know. At the very beginning." - he concluded, focusing his eyes on the makeshift nest the monkeys who got away made for themselves. In his mind, he was already picking it apart.
Back to top Go down
King Cold
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:53 pm

King Cold stood adjacent to his dear son, as he listened intently as Freeza regaled him with the story of his recent defeat. Cold’s menacing facial expression became masked by a plethora of other facial contortions that signified his interest in his son’s story. The King raised his large index finger to the petite glass in his palm, and gently stroked the rim as he waited for Freeza to finish his explanation. The more his son continued, the more Cold’s confusion was ebbed. However, he couldn’t help but notice that his son was being intentionally ambiguous concerning the details of his foray on Namek. No doubt, Freeza hid the shame of his defeat below his new iron blanket. Eventually his son accessed the data that the ship’s doctor had already showed Cold, and he watched as Freeza’s face filled with intense anticipation upon learning of the survival of a dozen or so monkeys.

“My dear Freeza, you always were so prone to these eccentrics. Now your desire to play with your food has led to it quite literally walking off your plate and out of your reach.” Cold teased, he raised his glass to just below his nose and inhaled the enticing fragrance before sipping it leisurely. “These… Saiyans that you ‘destroyed’ a generation ago, they are still very much alive.”

Cold took over from his son and widened the holographic display of the camera. The transmission revealed a large system at the edge of his Planet Trade Organisation’s grasp. Within the system he could make out various planets, one of which, Umirion, previously a colony world of the PTO, had somehow been wiped clean off the map. What truly interested the King however, was a small world which under further observation revealed a band of Saiyan runts that had escaped Freeza’s mass genocide many years ago. He released a half chortle in the face of his son’s devastating fury, as always he enjoyed the easiness in which Freeza’s temper flared.

“Delta-2814... No doubt the christener of this system was a person of fine tastes.” Cold mused at the unimaginative nature of the system’s branding. “It will take three months to make the journey Freeza, even in this, my flagship. If you are truly persistent in your desire to destroy these monkeys then we shall leave immediately.” With a final sip, King Cold finished his drink and crumbled the glass into dust in his palm. He now faced his son, who seemed gleeful at the thought of ending the surviving runts of the litter. “We could simply blow the planet up from space, you know?”
Back to top Go down
Lord Frieza
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:58 pm

As his father went on goading him about his shortcomings, Frieza could not help but notice a pattern within the questions. He was angering him deliberately, waving a toy in front of a screaming child. He grunted under his breath, making sure to be the child no longer. Instead, he mused on whether he should truly blow the whole thing up from space this time. No, this time around, he would have to get up close and personal.

"And what if, for instance" - he began eloquently, with a subtle motion of the hand directed at the screen - "there were more of these... outposts? Just how would we find about them, hmm? No, father.  I had tried blowing up before and found it is a sloppy technique. No, it's time to dig elbow-deep in saiyan filth if we are to rid the universe of its monkey plague." - the corners of his dark lips drew into an amused grin. He then stared down into his glass of wine, as if the crimson liquid contained the answer to his predicament. After some consideration, he downed it in one long gulp, set the glass away and approached the large spherical window.

"Go over the old encrypted files from Planet Vegeta, and type in the code minus 2814." - Frieza solemnly instructed his subordinates. As soon as he had finished his last syllable, their fingers were already flying over the consoles. Soon enough, the screen began flashing with maps and personnel files. The scrolling had stopped on a particular profile, it was the profile of the elite commanding officer sent to supervise the colony. A stern-looking green-haired woman stared down the occupants of the chamber from the photograph attached to the file. Frieza narrowed his eyes as he focused on her face, his face contorting in a mixture of surprise and agitation as soon as he laid eyes on her. However, he smiled once more when he considered the possibilities.

"My, my. I'll have to let Cooler know his purchase is still alive. I guess he's the one that owes me now, as he so duly requested a refund for his investment, after hearing of my little planet escapade."

"But, I suppose he can keep his funds..." - Frieza turned away from the screen and stared down at the dark marble floor. "No one will leave that forsaken rock alive. And when I am done, I will make a monument out of their corpses as a reminder to the fate that awaits anyone who so much as looks at me wrong."

He turned on his heel and instructed: "Set course for Delta-2814. The moment cannot come soon enough."
Back to top Go down
King Cold
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 pm

"Indeed." Uttered King Cold, as his son ordered the navigator to travel to the system in which the rebel monkeys festered. Cold grinned with deep satisfaction, Freeza was returned to him anew, and now father and son were ready to embark on a foraging campaign. A feeling of profound nostalgia washed over Cold as he remembered so many years ago, when both of his children were nothing but ambitious younglings tugging at their father's cape for the scraps of leftover glory and destruction. With great fondness, the King remembered Freeza's first mass genocide and the subsequent screams and fireworks that followed. That day, so very long ago, he had blessed Freeza with the right to his crown someday.  

Yes, Freeza had always been the preferred child. He had always followed in his father's footsteps and managed the Planet Trade Organisation according to Cold's desire. This would be a fitting tribute to the King, he would witness his son reclaim his fallen glory in one splendid swoop. But of course, Freeza always was prone to dallying, so Cold would make it his business to meet face to face with the race of monkeys that dared defile the heir to his empire before they perished. There was one nuance of an issue that the King had with his son's plan however.

Uncrossing his arms, Cold turned away from the view window and strode towards his son. The disparity of their transformed states was more evident than ever, as the King towered his son in both size and stature. How deceiving Freeza's size and manner was, Cold mused, what a perfect cloak of deception the prince formed. His smirk widened.

"Cooler is to know nothing of this campaign my son. When he sees your new 'outfit' he'll simply be overcome with inferiority, and we can't have that." Cold giggled. "Whilst I'm all for the fun and games of your sometimes quite volatile sibling rivalry, it is particularly advantageous to me, for the moment, to have him believe that you are... deceased." The King raised his eyebrows in what could only be interpreted as care for his children.
Back to top Go down
Lord Frieza
True Villain
True Villain

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:55 pm

"Have it your way, it makes no difference to me." Frieza immediately darted at his father, his eyes still focused in front of him, as he slowly proceeded to his own quarters.

"I know what I want and I will make my little wish come true." He murmured, chuckling sinisterly under his breath as the two soon reached the door to Frieza's chamber which hissed apart as soon as they were within closer range.

This time, the prince had decided to abandon hesitation. He wouldn't bait and goad his prey, oh no. He would stomp them out, crush the very existence out of their wretched bodies and feast on the hearts of the most prominent of those loathsome beasts - the green-haired she-ape and everyone under her command, oh yes, it will be a real pleasure tearing their hearts out of their chests and devouring them in front of their very eyes. That ought remind them that the only one who decides whether a monkey lives or dies is the one holding the leash!

The thought of warm, traitorous saiyan blood flowing from his lips brought a malignant smirk to the overlord's face, as the ship entered warp and began its journey to the destination where a most enjoyable massacre would most certainly take place.

"I know you much you like my artistic touch, Father. I'll be sure to make the torture of these underlings my greatest masterpiece yet." He said, as his grin widened and his eyes glowed with maniacal intent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Slither of Cold   

Back to top Go down

A Slither of Cold
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1